• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 )@rth

)@rth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:42 AM

I uploaded a log for BH-25 man on the pug I ran tonight. The lock is affi, he's the only wielder of staff on our realm.
Here it is: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis, hope it helps for your analysis.

#22 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

I'd love a full raid log of someone in a non-affliction spec, particularly demo. It's starting to look like the proc rate might be 15% for affliction and 17% for demo, though we definitely need more samples.

I'm also starting to suspect they're already doing hotfix adjustments to this stuff - spriest was being reported at 13% last week, but it's almost certainly 15% this week.

#23 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

Just had some multidot fun on stormwind's dummies:

Demo: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
Affli: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

And some earlier results i pm'd to Zakalwe which i didn't log sadly:
Demo: around 3500 dot ticks - 16.9%.
Affli: around 2800 dot ticks - 15.1%.

+ Will probably be demo specced for 4/7 of firelands today.

#24 Brokrone

Brokrone

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

More legendary logs (because it can't hurt, right?): World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

I was Demo for Rhyolith but Affliction for the rest of the night

#25 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

Now I'm confused - earlier reports were saying hellfire ticks were duplicated, as if they were direct damage spells. In your two pulls as demo on Rhyolith you had 1218 regular dot ticks, 1267 hellfire ticks, and 400 WoT procs. If hellfire can't proc WoT, that's a whopping 32.8% proc chance. Seems more likely that hellfire counts as a dot.

#26 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

Demo part of the raid:
Trash upto beth and beth: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
Other 3: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Affli:
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Both hellfire and immolation aura count as dots and proc wot.
Either im extremely unlucky, or it procs only off soc's dot ticks, not the explosion.
Rain of fire seems to work fine - whole 'wave' is copied.
Yet to see a proc off shadow flame's direct damage, dot part procs wot as expected - scratch that, both parts proc it fine, but I didn't get any additional ticks(like you do when you clip a dot).

Im on now if you want something else tested. ;)

Edit:
Yeah, just rng hate, SoC procs it fine on both dot part and explosion.

#27 camullo

camullo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Now I'm confused - earlier reports were saying hellfire ticks were duplicated, as if they were direct damage spells. In your two pulls as demo on Rhyolith you had 1218 regular dot ticks, 1267 hellfire ticks, and 400 WoT procs. If hellfire can't proc WoT, that's a whopping 32.8% proc chance. Seems more likely that hellfire counts as a dot.

Hellfire counts as dot, as it is able to refresh Dark Intent. From what I have heard from mages, the procc consumes effects like Fingers of Frost / Molten Core proccs without applying their benefit to the original spell (so if the 2nd incinerate proccs, the 3rd is consume and the casted 3rd will not gain Molten Core benefits). But can WoT proccs procc talents/spells/abilities like Eradiction/Dark Intent/Pandemic ?

#28 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

Was just aoeing 3 dummies and found something ...interesting that warrants this little spam of mine(sorry for double posting!):
Spoiler

Full log here: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
Interesting bit: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Yeah, it seems, that the buff did refresh itself.

Just had a similiar one, but with 1+1 damage procs instead of 3+1...

Edit:
Spoiler
Wait, what? Is there some kind of a bug or something obvious I'm missing...?

#29 Angelic

Angelic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

Wait, what? Is there some kind of a bug or something obvious I'm missing...?

Not sure if that's the case, but it have been noted that there are some bugged clients that make duplicated lines in the Combat Log files. It has been investigated by World of Logs administrators and moderators, because there were numerous logs where you could see people hitting twice with spells that cannot hit twice within 100ms.

This resulted undeserved higher rankings for the affected parses.

I don't see any other reason for this to hit three times, unless it's some specific bug to this spell only.

#30 ZumoO

ZumoO

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

[13:09:00.015] Whi gains Volcanic Destruction from Whi
[13:09:00.016] Whi's Volcanic Destruction is refreshed by Whi
[13:09:00.579] Whi Volcanic Destruction Training Dummy 1 (O: 2167)
[13:09:00.579] Whi Volcanic Destruction Training Dummy 1 (O: 2561)
[13:09:00.579] Whi Volcanic Destruction Training Dummy *1* (O: 5232)
[13:09:03.264] Whi's Volcanic Destruction is refreshed by Whi
[13:09:04.074] Whi Volcanic Destruction Training Dummy 1 (O: 2350)
[13:09:15.295] Whi's Volcanic Destruction fades from Whi

The buff did refresh, it has a 12sec duration :o

Same for Power Torrent :

[13:08:54.309] Whi gains Power Torrent from Whi
[13:09:00.015] Whi's Power Torrent is refreshed by Whi
[13:09:00.016] Whi's Power Torrent is refreshed by Whi
[13:09:03.264] Whi's Power Torrent is refreshed by Whi
[13:09:15.249] Whi's Power Torrent fades from Whi

18sec Power Torrent and 15sec Volcanic Destruction... should be nice if you have the same bug with Meta ;p

#31 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Doesn't seem to be the answer here though as I see the animation of gaining them buffs, timers reseting their duration and paper doll agrees that they're up.

Another try, rof on 3 dummies - its pretty repeatable: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
Spoiler
Gave it a few tries without the staff equipped, but as I don't really have another weapon with power torrent on it was only dmc:v - nothing out of the ordinary happened.

#32 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

It seems pretty clear that there's a bug here, and it's something like this: When RoF procs the legendary effect, it does not produce a duplicate or a Wrath of Tarecgosa hit, but instead it activates all your random-proc trinkets and enchants.

Probably a strong candidate for weirdest bug ever, but I can't see any other explanation.

#33 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

So it seems - with the 1 difference, that it actually does produce an additional wave of RoF too - refresh/proc is just a free bonus. ;) Won't 'roll' rune of zeth, so icds only. :(

Sadly I couldn't reproduce this interraction with any other spell - soc/hellfire/immolation aura/shadowflame/drain soul all seem to work the old and boring way. :P

Edit:
More on the topic - copied Hand of Gul'dan leaves another Curse of Gul'dan debuff on the target for 2 x +10% pet critical chance - no idea if it actually works though. Haunt doesn't and neither does it stack SE(shadow bolt got the short end of that stick aswell) - but it does heal - first time almost instantly, second as always.

#34 Cutsme

Cutsme

Bald Bull

• Moderators
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

This is a warlock analysis thread for legendary staff. From here on out if anything is posted that doesn't relate you will receive a 1 day ban.

#35 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

copied Hand of Gul'dan leaves another Curse of Gul'dan debuff on the target for 2 x +10% pet critical chance - no idea if it actually works though.

I'd strongly doubt it, considering two HoG debuffs from two different warlocks don't stack. 10% is enough that it should be fairly easy to test though.

#36 thanas77

thanas77

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

anyone else notticed that when u cast shadow bolt and u get nightfall proc sometimes staff shoots nightfall proc?

#37 Asharfh

Asharfh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

anyone else notticed that when u cast shadow bolt and u get nightfall proc sometimes staff shoots nightfall proc?

This is probably because the staff procs with the shadowbolt and the extra shadowbolt from the proc is consuming the buff.

#38 Ooaahh

Ooaahh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

If the staff consumes effects such as nightfall/molten core/ possibly backdraft? How much damage would be "lost" because of procs being consumed?

Nightfall
-1 stack.
-Lose the entire buff if you receive a nightfall proc after you start casting a second shadow bolt and the staff procs from the first shadowbolt.
-No loss if you gain nightfall AFTER your prior shadowbolt hit the target (If the staff procced on the prior shadow bolt).
-Should see much fewer "loses" after you go into drain phase because the only time you cast shadow bolt is to refresh improved shadow bolt, or to consume a nightfall proc currently up.
-Procs off of corruption so the staff shouldn't generate a proc.

Wrath of Tarecgosa is a proc that only comes from dots. The ~15 min he spent on the dummy this evening we noticed that procs from direct damage spells are being counted as another shadowbolt/haunt/whatever, and only the dots are WoT.

Molten Core
-3 stacks.
-Have a 30% chance of losing one of the first 2 stacks of the buffs (15%*2), but if it procs on the last stack you still retain the haste buff while losing the damage buff provided you are casting another incinerate when the 3rd stack drops off.

I did notice that I would be halfway through a Incinerate cast on the last proc of molten core, when the 2nd Incinerate would proc WoT. Now this eats up the last charge of MC, but will the "4th" Incinerate still have the damage increase?

-Procs off of immolate so the staff can only refresh the proc when you make your initial immolate cast, the dots are considered damage from the staff so it shouldn't proc molten core.

Backdraft
-3 stacks
-See the second Molten Core tick mark *damage buff is not applicable for backdraft*
-Procs off of Conflagrate so the staff can refresh the proc, but you can't benefit from the additional stacks because the stack is consumed at the end of your cast and the staff will hit before you can get your next cast off

***Note my Backdraft assessment is assuming Backdraft and Molten Core have the same haste mechanics/behavior with the staff***

The only thing I can see that would determine which spec this staff would be best for would be (and most likely in order)
1. Dot double dipping
2. What I mentioned above
3. Possible Soul Burn buff procs

From the sounds of the mechanics each spell should have the same chance to proc every time it deals damage. Just like anything from combat logs, you are subjected to the RNG, how can you prove that you just weren't 1-2% lucky for the 15 minutes you were dpsing (Just like if you flip a quarter for 15 minutes, how many people would be at exactly 50% heads/tails) There will always be the inherent difference between fights for the number of procs within the same spec, and based off the sounds of all the numbers, 15% seems most likely.

#39 Dastey

Dastey

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

It seems like there currently is a bug related to Theralions Mirror trinket from V&T where the trinket cooldown will reset upon direct proccs from the staffs making the uptime of the trinket reach insanely stupid amounts.

Link to prove: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

If this is the case and the trinket is able to reach 52% uptime for an elemental shaman, it should be able to reach some pretty high numbers for a demonology warlock aswell considering the procc chance for us is 17% and the fact that the procc keeps up 1700 mastery if im right might actually make it a BiS trinket if you use demon form and doomguard at the correct time. Any warlock with the staff that will be able to test this?

#40 netsach

netsach

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

Could a staff-proc'ed copied spell generate another staff proc (ie chained procs) ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users