75 replies to this topic

#41 senraven

senraven

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

on the t13-2p bonus.

At least one Problem seems to be fixed: after a wipe (and the next pull) the demon seems now to be ready again....

So they made it work like Bloodlust/Heroism? I haven't been on PTR in about two weeks so I haven't seen the cooldown reset like you're describing it

#42 Maderthaner

Maderthaner

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

So they made it work like Bloodlust/Heroism? I haven't been on PTR in about two weeks so I haven't seen the cooldown reset like you're describing it

• 2P -- The duration of your Doomguard and Infernal summons is increased by [20|30] sec and the cooldown of of those spells is reduced by 4 min. (20 for Demonology, 30 for non-Demonology.)

So the 10mins CD is reduced by 4 mins with the setbonus.
What I've meant was, that it's problematic to time a 6min. CD.

#43 AmPriS

AmPriS

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

From what I have been reading in various forums, people have opined Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time - Item - World of Warcraft as the next BiS for locks. I am curious how useful Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind - Item - World of Warcraft will be, especially in terms of demonology. From what I have read the dot procs decently often giving the felhunter another dot for shadowbite to work off of.

#44 Medvayne

Medvayne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

From what I have been reading in various forums, people have opined Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time - Item - World of Warcraft as the next BiS for locks. I am curious how useful Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind - Item - World of Warcraft will be, especially in terms of demonology. From what I have read the dot procs decently often giving the felhunter another dot for shadowbite to work off of.

I would imagine that the latter would be huge in pvp especially in rated bg's; whereas, the former would be best for pve (boss fights). I am curious as to the mechanic at which it picks which people recieve the 435 haste buff. Is it the 3 closest? If so, this might change up mechanics as far as grouping is concerned for raids (mages, warlocks, etc in one group). Also, does it stack if multiple players wield the staff? Some interesting experiments will follow these questions I'm sure.

#45 Death`

Death`

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

I would imagine that the latter would be huge in pvp especially in rated bg's; whereas, the former would be best for pve (boss fights). I am curious as to the mechanic at which it picks which people recieve the 435 haste buff. Is it the 3 closest? If so, this might change up mechanics as far as grouping is concerned for raids (mages, warlocks, etc in one group). Also, does it stack if multiple players wield the staff? Some interesting experiments will follow these questions I'm sure.

Based on a lot of testing, I've determined that it is not obvious how it picks its targets within 20 yds. While testing it on the dummies, I provided people outside of my group with the buff. And even more importantly, while in a raid group, the staff appeared to provide the buff to everything from players to guardians (Mirror images and Ebon imps included).

#46 Medvayne

Medvayne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Based on a lot of testing, I've determined that it is not obvious how it picks its targets within 20 yds. While testing it on the dummies, I provided people outside of my group with the buff. And even more importantly, while in a raid group, the staff appeared to provide the buff to everything from players to guardians (Mirror images and Ebon imps included).

Wow, I never would have imagined that it would extend the buff to pets/people not in the raid group. Seems kind of uncontrollable from what you are telling me. So here's the questiong that's been racking my brain for the past day or so. Which is going to be better, the Legendary staff or Ti'tahk, the steps of time? Considering that some warlocks are hitting the soft haste cap while in raids already (30%), what good does the proc off of the 416 staff do for you? I realize that it may be more of a raid buff than a proc for those warlocks that are at the soft cap, but other than that, aside from the added stam, the 416 only has 5 more intellect (with current gems) than the Legendary. I might add that when 4.3 hits, this also means that we will be seeing epic gems, which will most likely make the Legendary staff have more Intellect than this 416 staff. On top of all of this, if you are one of those warlocks at the soft cap, the Legendary proc seems to be more of a dps increase than anything (keeping in mind that they nerfed the proc rate). Curious as to the testing and/or some others' thoughts on this. Oh and before I get nailed on this, yes the 416 staff has 539 more Spell power, but will this overcome the proc/ intellect with epic gems on the Legendary?

#47 topapa.garamonde

topapa.garamonde

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Actually, looks like they finally made incinerate work the way the tooltip always said: On the PTR, the additional 1/6th of the damage which is added when immolate is up on the target now scales with your spell power. It's never done that before, it's just been a flat 1/6th of the base damage.

Is this confirmed?

#48 Nfariessence

Nfariessence

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

Is this confirmed?

If Zakalwe said it, and he's put it into SimCraft, it's close enough to confirmation for me...

#49 blgdinger

blgdinger

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:17 AM

The OP should be updated to reflect that the 2pc T13 bonus is giving 30 seconds to guardians and it is NOT matching the tooltip on the PTR. I did notice, however, that as demonology the doomguard died after 90 seconds instead of 94 as the tooltip would imply.

#50 Keldion

Keldion

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

Is this confirmed?

The fixed Incinerate behavior is current on live as well as on the PTR.

#51 Xayide

Xayide

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

The fixed Incinerate behavior is current on live as well as on the PTR.

Does that mean we should switch our glyph, build and filler for demonology as of NOW?

#52 ster

ster

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Anyone tested on PTR the destruction difference between the live and the PTR for the ISF hard cast ?
Does it implies that we still have to hard cast few times per fight or do the modification on the proc help so that we nearly don't have to hard cast soul fire to maintain ISF buff ?

#53 Knottt

Knottt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

Has anyone been able to test on the PTR if Will of Unbinding stacks can be built up prior to the pull with Hellfire ?

#54 netsach

netsach

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

I don't see why it couldn't : the only problem is actually getting something to hit "pre-pull" to build the stacks (same problem with balance droods willing to get to an eclipse before pull)

The problem is critters : Blizzard stated once that they are not meant to be a way to go fish procs, they are just here to make instances look more "alive". I guess they don't want us to abuse critters because they fear the PETA :-)

Edit: i didn't see you mentionned hellfireing (without targets), i haven't checked it so far, will do it asap.

#55 Medvayne

Medvayne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Anyone tested on PTR the destruction difference between the live and the PTR for the ISF hard cast ?
Does it implies that we still have to hard cast few times per fight or do the modification on the proc help so that we nearly don't have to hard cast soul fire to maintain ISF buff ?

No you will still have to hardcast, the imp proc for the instant cast soul fire is totally based on RNG and the soulburn cd is 45secs... The plus side to the changes that they have made to ISF is that once you hit the 4pc T13 bonus, you shouldn't be running out of soul shards during boss encounters that don't allow you to use shadowburn. This will result in a dps gain and more mobility during those latter phases of the fights.

#56 Medvayne

Medvayne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

I don't see why it couldn't : the only problem is actually getting something to hit "pre-pull" to build the stacks (same problem with balance droods willing to get to an eclipse before pull)

The problem is critters : Blizzard stated once that they are not meant to be a way to go fish procs, they are just here to make instances look more "alive". I guess they don't want us to abuse critters because they fear the PETA :-)

Edit: i didn't see you mentionned hellfireing (without targets), i haven't checked it so far, will do it asap.

Since Hellfire will do dmg to friendly targets...

What if we assume that it will only proc when it does dmg to something... could you have a friendly target stand in the aoe from hellfire, thus proc'ing the stacks?

#57 Criph

Criph

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Since Hellfire will do dmg to friendly targets...

What if we assume that it will only proc when it does dmg to something... could you have a friendly target stand in the aoe from hellfire, thus proc'ing the stacks?

No, the only "friendly target" Hellfire damages is the Warlock channeling it. This has worked in the past for some trinkets/debuffs, but we won't know until it's tested.

#58 Tzunade

Tzunade

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

No you will still have to hardcast, the imp proc for the instant cast soul fire is totally based on RNG and the soulburn cd is 45secs... The plus side to the changes that they have made to ISF is that once you hit the 4pc T13 bonus, you shouldn't be running out of soul shards during boss encounters that don't allow you to use shadowburn. This will result in a dps gain and more mobility during those latter phases of the fights.

Ok thanks a lot.

Another question

During a fight, i will be casting Soulburn to make my Soul Fire Instant Cast, but i can only cast 3, what can i do to regenerate again my shards?

Drain Soul = lost dps i guess or that is correct?

#59 Medvayne

Medvayne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

If it is a fight with adds that the boss spawns you can use Shadowburn, and if the add dies within 5 seconds, it will restore all soul shards, so for instance... on Rag, if you time it correctly during the first two phases, you should never run out of soul shards. You can use Shadowburn on a Son of Flame or on a Lava Scion just before it dies.

#60 kCMYK

kCMYK

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

Ok thanks a lot.

Another question

During a fight, i will be casting Soulburn to make my Soul Fire Instant Cast, but i can only cast 3, what can i do to regenerate again my shards?

Drain Soul = lost dps i guess or that is correct?

Or hardcast it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users