348 replies to this topic

#341 Kromos

Kromos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Madness HC question. (10H)

By this time (15% nerf and 20% upcoming) It is recommended to use T12H2pc as combat for spellweaving procs or should I stick with T13H4pc?

#342 gheistlich

gheistlich

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

Am I missing something? I could be wrong, but I don't think the T12H2pc procs spellweave; it's just an extra dot.

#343 PikaPika1006

PikaPika1006

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

Dots can proc spellweaving. No idea whether 2pc t12 can or not, but most dots can.

#344 Forcextime

Forcextime

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Has anyone been able to confirm whether you can target the mutated corruption and cleave the parasite?

#345 Zafo

Zafo

Killin' for fun

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Has anyone been able to confirm whether you can target the mutated corruption and cleave the parasite?

Yeah, I do it all the time on the last platform.

#346 Oren

Oren

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Regarding spellweave: I noticed a loss in procs using both lower stage daggers vs using axe/offhand. I've noticed an even greater loss now that I have the legendary made (I did a lfr a moment ago and got 26 for the entire fight). I've consistently noticed a difference in proc rate across classes, with slow weapon users (e.g. ret paladins) getting significantly more procs than dual wielders (myself, my enhancement shaman, multiple dk friends). Our other rogue has had the same result. Having said that, and having done a little research before writing this, it seems that my experiences are in direct opposition to the prevailing notions about how spellweave works (i.e. fixed procrate etc.) and in what situations more procs are generated. So...what gives?

#347 Crevan

Crevan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

You'd have to be extremely unlucky to get 26 spellweaves in the entire fight. And I have never noticed ret paladins getting more procs than other classes, it's usually the opposite. Over the last few weeks, the melee with the highest number of procs in our kills were warriors, frost dks and our enha shaman, as was always the case. Those tend to have about 30% more procs than our rogues, which is probably due to bursting down the blood packs, in addition to cleaving. Some logs of kills with both weapon sets could help to identify your problem (if there is one).

#348 Furtim

Furtim

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

I have not noticed this in any of my kills, regardless of LFR or Heroic. The only thing i've seen affect it is starting on Kalecgos' (Blue) platform first, therefor losing Spellweaving procs till the final phase.

#349 jehosephat

jehosephat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

Unsure if anyone has posted this, but an interesting trick for those of us with the legendary daggers, on spine, I find that canceling my stacks at around 20 allows me to have the main 5cp free proc during pretty much every tendon attempt.

Basically, when working on a new amalgamation, as soon as you hit 20, cancel, then just do your normal rotation. Don't cancel the stacks again until you will be working on a new amalgamation.

This only seems to work as sub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users