• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#41 Latas

Latas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Thing is as long as there is a feral around a bleed will be up on them.

#42 Duilliath

Duilliath

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

Thing is as long as there is a feral around a bleed will be up on them.

And how do you envision that to happen when there's 20 skittering pandainsects spawning that have to be killed in the next 5 seconds? One feral going around raking a few of them first?
Ignorance can be solved with a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.

#43 Vaccine

Vaccine

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5325 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

And how do you envision that to happen when there's 20 skittering pandainsects spawning that have to be killed in the next 5 seconds? One feral going around raking a few of them first?

He means cat Thrash.

I'd imagine Thrash will be the best to use and either on cooldown or just simply because you can't really spam a bleed, you use Swipe in between. Also our mastery will effect Thrash so our AoE will scale better.
Posted Image

#44 Daylis

Daylis

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

Please read at least a few posts above yours before you reply, it's been mentioned at least twice that cats are getting Thrash which puts a bleed on every affected target (as on live). Swiping thrash'd targets gets +20% damage, which resto/balance swipe won't have.

#45 Latas

Latas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

Feral applies thrash as he is trying to aoe as well. You both swipe thus both get 20% bonus to them because a bleed is up on them. Unless what you are saying is only the feral version gets the bonus from bleeds effect on their swipe.

#46 Branchout

Branchout

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

I was looking through the spec abilities and noticed that Omen of Clarity does not proc on any healing spells, only on damage spells/attacks. I am curious if this is a tool-tip error or an intentional design change. Thoughts?

#47 Latas

Latas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

I was looking through the spec abilities and noticed that Omen of Clarity does not proc on any healing spells, only on damage spells/attacks. I am curious if this is a tool-tip error or an intentional design change. Thoughts?

Well as it is right now it can only proc on a heal if it is talented to, so my guess is unless they have that baked into resto it is an oversight.

#48 Cluey

Cluey

King Hippo

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Well as it is right now it can only proc on a heal if it is talented to, so my guess is unless they have that baked into resto it is an oversight.

Possibly not an oversight, they were talking about controlling mana regen more so they can tune things better. It might be that OoC causes too many problems for them to balance around so it is being excluded.

It is still early days though, we will have to be patient to see what happens.

#49 canyoneagle

canyoneagle

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

I've been playing around with the new talent system for resto druid, and it is very different, to be sure. It seems that most (if not all) of the previous skills that are current talent points in the resto tree are now spells, which is fine. I noticed that the talents at level 75 are not really helpful - they all seem to be feral in nature, which doesn't really help me for healing. Two of the three (Ursol's vortex and Bear hug) appear to be the antithesis of what I want as a healer, so it seems that the least of the evils would be Demoralizing roar, which still activates bear form (with its passive increase in threat - which I really don't want). So for a resto spec, the level 75 choice seems to be a defensive/mitigation choice.

The same seems to apply at level 90 - all choices appear to be of marginal benefit to a healer, with the two choices (as I see it) being disentanglement (defensive/mitigation) or Heart of The wild (to help melee if healing is not needed?).

Unless I'm missing something, it seems that these two tiers represent a compromise no matter which talent I choose.

The level 30 tier seems to offer a nice variety of choices, in light of Blizzard's intention to allow the new tree to be tailored to play style.

I came up with this as a possible resto tree, but I'm sure it will likely change as the talents become more clear. Cenarion Ward (level 30 tier) looks like a particularly enticing alternative - but with a 24% base mana cost, is not likely to be used except for MT healing specialization.

#50 OnyxShadow

OnyxShadow

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

Here's what I see in regard to restoration MoP talent options.

Rank 1: Displacer Beast has some situational utility in situations where the randomness factor isn't likely to get you in trouble, but the base movement speed increase of Feline Swiftness seems like the real winner here.

Rank 2: Nature's Swiftness will probably not be anymore of an attractive option than it is now. Renewal is fairly weak and limited to self only. Cenarion Ward (Earth Shield?) seems terrific especially on tanks. 24% base mana really isn't all that much (rejuvenation is 20%) especially considering you'll only use it every 30 seconds.

Rank 3: The knockback from Typhoon will be highly desirable in certain encounters. Mass entanglement also has situational use. Faerie Swarm doesn't seem to have much potential outside of PVP.

Rank 4: Unless Incarnation gets changed to include the 15% increase in healing that Tree of Life gets now, I'm actually thinking Force of Nature is likely to win out here. Its hard to say until we know what exactly the treeants will do in restoration spec, but it seems likely that they will be a throughput cooldown.

Rank 5: Ursol's Vortex, Bear Hug, and Demoralizing Roar could all have situational uses, but none has too much appeal for restoration.

Rank 6: Unless encounter design takes a very unusual twist, I can't see a lot of use for Heart of the Wild and definitely not for Master Shapeshifter. That just leaves Disentanglement which is fairly good for the freedom of movement and (nearly) free emergency self-heal.

#51 Kermit

Kermit

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Rank 5: Ursol's Vortex, Bear Hug, and Demoralizing Roar could all have situational uses, but none has too much appeal for restoration.

My money is on Ursol's Vortex for resto druids now that they remade it from a onetime pull to a spawned vortex that lasts 15 seconds. We still don't know if it will slow movement for enemies within the vortex, or actually pull them in (like an AoE deathgrip) - wording does make it sound like the latter. Of the three available options this seems by far the most useful in a raid environment (I'm thinking of things like Sons of flame for Ragnaros).

#52 Duilliath

Duilliath

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Please read at least a few posts above yours before you reply, it's been mentioned at least twice that cats are getting Thrash which puts a bleed on every affected target (as on live). Swiping thrash'd targets gets +20% damage, which resto/balance swipe won't have.

I realise(d) that. Thing is that people said we'd ignore Thrash completely if Swipe were better. You still need to get a bleed up. If Thrash is the way to do it, then it won't get ignored. Even if it's another Feral using Thrash, it's still seeing use.

It should be quite clear that Blizzard doesn't mind that situation. There's no need to Mangle if you got a bear tank and it's been that way for quite some time now. As long as an ability warrants use in enough situations, it's perfectly fine if it drops off in a more optimised composition. That's one of the benefits of a well-tailored raid group: DPS goes up beyond what you'd be able to achieve on your own.
Ignorance can be solved with a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.

#53 a civilian

a civilian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

I realise(d) that. Thing is that people said we'd ignore Thrash completely if Swipe were better.

Fairly certain no one said that. The point was that if swipe were superior to thrash, then a feral would gain damage by having another AoE bleed spec around, since that would save him from having to thrash.

#54 Raath

Raath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

"Balance Druid Feedback
I just wanted to drop into this thread and let you guys know that we currently plan for Moonkins to have two DoTs: Moonfire and Sunfire will be able to stack (both applied at the same time).

Lunar Shower will be working differently in the future, so it may be too early for those kinds of concerns. I don't have any details to share at the moment though.

Nature's Grace is still 15%, not 1%, that was just a tooltip issue that will be fixed soon. Revive will also be class-wide, not just for Restoration."

#55 caldarp

caldarp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

When i look at the current MoP talent choices, one thing really makes me sad is the position of the treants (beeing forced to choose between the Treants and Incarnation). It is probably something personal, but i would love to have them somewhere in the next tier: it can be seen somewhat as some sort of ranged- add controll ability.

(but it's probably more a personal thing: seeing a "high-end moonkin" pop her treants whilst helping me in BFD, made the descision what to play very easy: Moonkin for life!)

#56 Saeviomagy

Saeviomagy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Rip, ravage and savage roar are now feral only, which basically kills kitty form for dps. Outside of stealthing or running fast, I can't see a non-feral spec using the form at all, which saddens me.

Similarly heal spells have been heavily curtailed for non-resto specs. Everyone else is down to rejuve, healing touch and tranq.

I think we should campaign for displacer beast to be non-random. Preferably a targeting circle. After all, if it's competing with mobility options, shouldn't it be a mobility option itself? Right now I think most people would prefer it to not have a teleport at all.

#57 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

Balance updates:

Changes in balance abilites:

New passive
Celestial Focus: Reduced pushback by 70% on Wrath, Starfire, Roots, Hurricane, Astral Storm, Typhoon, Hibernate Cyclone.

It seems that Astral Storm is arcane version of hurricane.

New ability:

Celestial alignment - 2 min cd. For 15 sec our spells are buffed as if they were cast in eclipse, All energy is reseted to 0, and our spells are not generating energy. Like eclipse on a wish

Changed:
Lunar shower - is no longer generating energy. yaay

Also, Incarnation now doesn't increase damage. It doubles/halves energy generation depending on if you are in Eclipse.

Edit: Calculator now shows the 15% Haste promised for entering Eclipse (NG).

#58 Zilulil

Zilulil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

Moonkin Aura is also back to being 5% spell haste instead of 5% crit.

#59 Cluey

Cluey

King Hippo

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

Balance updates:

Originally Posted by Zahri@TMR
Changes in balance abilites:

New passive
Celestial Focus: Reduced pushback by 70% on Wrath, Starfire, Roots, Hurricane, Astral Storm, Typhoon, Hibernate Cyclone.

It seems that Astral Storm is arcane version of hurricane.

New ability:

Celestial alignment - 2 min cd. For 15 sec our spells are buffed as if they were cast in eclipse, All energy is reseted to 0, and our spells are not generating energy. Like eclipse on a wish

Changed:
Lunar shower - is no longer generating energy. yaay

Also, Incarnation now doesn't increase damage. It doubles/halves energy generation depending on if you are in Eclipse.

Edit: Calculator now shows the 15% Haste promised for entering Eclipse (NG).

It would have been good if you'd provided a link for this update, the "Zahri@TMR" means nothing to me and Google isn't helping.
Looking at the official page the wording is significantly different, I'm not sure if it's been updated again or not but I suspect your quote was paraphrasing, either by you or this Zahri@TMR person. Note that "reseted" isn't a word, I'm providing this as note as education, if you don't know it's wrong you can't correct it.

Currently the Celestial Alignment tooltip reads:
Required Level 68
Instant cast, 2 min cooldown
Grants you the simultaneous damage benefit of both
your Lunar Eclipse and Solar Eclipse, increasing
damage done by your Nature and Arcane spells by
25%. Activating this ability consumes all Lunar and
Solar Energy and prevents gaining more during its
duration. Lasts 15 sec.

#60 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

Sorry, TMR is here. The quoted post was at the end of a moderately long thread, and I don't know how to link individual posts from that site.

I'd noticed the Incarnation change, and was searching for other changes (and confirming that Incarnation was really a change) when I found that post. News wasn't up yet at MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies when I looked there (or my cache was showing an old page).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users