• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#141 Ronark

Ronark

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

There are a few things to consider in the debate of Eternal Flame and Sacred Shield.
First of all is the number of ticks in relation to haste. Currently at level 85 you gain a 13th tick at 24.97% haste, which most of us will be at with the 5% Spell Haste buff.

Is this for EF or SS? SS does scale with haste, being that more haste reduced the time intervals between absorbs (i.e., from a shield every 6 sec to a shield every 5.2 sec).

Additionally, EF ticks gain from Crit (not sure if the ticks grant Mastery or not), where SS does not.

#142 Ishau

Ishau

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Is this for EF or SS? SS does scale with haste, being that more haste reduced the time intervals between absorbs (i.e., from a shield every 6 sec to a shield every 5.2 sec).

Additionally, EF ticks gain from Crit (not sure if the ticks grant Mastery or not), where SS does not.

Apologies, the 13 ticks was for EF. SS does scale with haste yes, but nowhere near as well. Whilst 25% Haste may give EF 13 ticks, it won't give SS any additional. I will do the math for SS ticks at some point, but I would expect us to not gain any extra ticks unless under extreme circumstances.

#143 JoeEgo

JoeEgo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

I did the math based on Binkenstein's break points spreadsheet, which he's put away for now. The resulting set of cards, however, are found here: Maths of Pandaria: Healer Haste Breakpoint Cards - Blogs - Totem Spot. The images there should update in a couple days after he's added Sacred Shield to the Paladin list. It does scale horribly. The first extra tick is at 10% Haste but every additional tick requires an additional 20% Haste. (30%, 50%, 70%, etc) Eternal Flame is roughly every 10% with the first extra tick around 5% Haste.

#144 Ronark

Ronark

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

On the topic of SS, I randomly just found out that it does indeed "roll" its duration, much like Inquisition, Curse of Agony, Rejuv, etc.

#145 ses588

ses588

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

the ticks do proc the mastery, and they also proc beacon. but the procs on beacon don't proc the mastery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users