• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 SentinelBorg

SentinelBorg

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

Looking at the new talent and spec calculator (Talent Calculator - Game - World of Warcraft) it seems that Shamanistic Rage is gone for Enhancement, which leaves us only with one of the - in my opinion - inferior choices of the lvl 30 talents.

#22 Staticus

Staticus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Not to mention our spot heals are gone too (surge is useless) along with lava burst...seems like they want to limit our utility to just a single task (ie. toss a weak healing rain or healing tide to supplement proper healing cd's) instead of a number of things like we can now. Essentially we become a pure dps class with 1 occasional hybrid task...and it seems to be the same with other hybrids too. (ie. they lose all their heals and are left with the worst one)

#23 GrayMatter

GrayMatter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

Not to mention our spot heals are gone too (surge is useless) along with lava burst...seems like they want to limit our utility to just a single task (ie. toss a weak healing rain or healing tide to supplement proper healing cd's) instead of a number of things like we can now. Essentially we become a pure dps class with 1 occasional hybrid task...and it seems to be the same with other hybrids too. (ie. they lose all their heals and are left with the worst one)

It depends on how much surge heals for but my gut feel is that a rogues recuperate, as an example, heals for more than surge over the same time. I am sure they will balance them at the end of the day though.

#24 Megabane

Megabane

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Well Bashiok came out to calm the tides, as I'm sure we aren't the only ones to have issues with what spells got hand picked for what specs and which spells got nixed etc. I'm hoping it's as simple as shaman haven't been revisited since Blizzcon and that the laundry list of spells and talents that aren't yet in their calculator will show with an update. ( /crosses fingers for telluric currents)

Otherwise, now's the time to start sounding off that we want changes made pronto. Personally I intend on making numerous posts demanding we don't lose TC, I've come to love that filler/mana return too much.

I'm still not sure the calculator showed any of our new auras that replace the buff totems. I was curious to see which specs got which auras, if we don't get all of them, and whether certain auras didn't stack (like WF and WoA atm is a choice) seeing as they're limiting the crossovers between specs for all hybrids and pure dps alike.

#25 Aanzeijar

Aanzeijar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

I wonder if they deem TC to have a skill cap too high for its power. If they'd fix mana regeneration right now, TC would either be made completely useless, or imbalanced in the hands of an experienced shaman. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets baked into a Focussed Insight-ish thing.

#26 GrayMatter

GrayMatter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Otherwise, now's the time to start sounding off that we want changes made pronto. Personally I intend on making numerous posts demanding we don't lose TC, I've come to love that filler/mana return too much.

The problem with TC is that it gives a mana return that is effected by Int. From what I understand, the new MoP model is to have int not effect mana size or regen at all.

#27 WraithTwo

WraithTwo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

The problem with TC is that it gives a mana return that is effected by Int. From what I understand, the new MoP model is to have int not effect mana size or regen at all.

This could be solved by making TC return mana based on a percentage of your spirit, although this would make it undoubtedly less powerful than it is now, simply because it would scale with your regen stats, as opposed to your throughput stats. Still, I'd miss the utility if it was taken away. The combination of it and Glyph of Unleashed Lightning fills a gap in resto's toolset quite nicely.

#28 davek

davek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Some potential Stat changes were posted yesterday. For Enhancement, the most relevant one is this:

"Expertise will negate dodge and spell miss, then parry."

Assuming I'm reading that right, this is likely the answer to the question of "But, what about the 8 Expertise from Unleashed Rage", and similar talents in other specs, that existed to counterbalance the need to also Spell Hit cap and chewed up itemization points on gear. Using Cata numbers, this means we'd want Hit to just about 960 and then the normal 781 Expertise to be spell capped. That would likely result in reduced white damage from lower melee hit under DW, but hopefully be counterbalanced by the ability to pick up more of other useful stats as at least the 541 Expertise in the item budget we'd currently need to cap both will be freed up.

#29 swingmaster

swingmaster

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

This combined with 2 other things ghostcrawler said in his blogpost sems to show that getting spellhit capped in MOP will be extremely easy for us (since we are now the only class that needs to, rogue poisons now go off melee hit.) Thoe things are: hit will now serve both purposes, which may mean that spirit weapons will now give us spellhit, and the small percentage drop needed to hit a +3 mob down to 15%. This makes me wonder if all we will need in MOP to reach spellhit cap wll be gettting melee capped and expertise capped!

#30 Synkronos

Synkronos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

This combined with 2 other things ghostcrawler said in his blogpost sems to show that getting spellhit capped in MOP will be extremely easy for us (since we are now the only class that needs to, rogue poisons now go off melee hit.) Thoe things are: hit will now serve both purposes, which may mean that spirit weapons will now give us spellhit, and the small percentage drop needed to hit a +3 mob down to 15%. This makes me wonder if all we will need in MOP to reach spellhit cap wll be gettting melee capped and expertise capped!

Hit rating already increases both Spell and Melee hit, just at different rates (changing to the same rate in MoP). Spirit is the only stat that increases only spell hit, and that is due to the way the talent works (which will again no longer apply for enhance in MoP since it's an Elemental-only ability). Spirit weapons are currently completely non-viable for enhance anyway, since 4.3's spellpower/int nerf.

That is exactly what it means, yes. 7.5% hit + 7.5% expertise gives us our 15% spell hit. As a weird side effect, it also means that casters can gem or enchant for expertise to reach their spell hit cap too, tho I'm guessing expertise on gear will only exist on Agility and Strength items.

Also, DKs still use spell hit for Howling Blast and Icy Touch (and some others), so they will be equally affected this.

#31 Nitz

Nitz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Telluric Currents will be most likely turned into a glyph, as they announced Atonement for Discipline and Holy Priests will.

#32 swingmaster

swingmaster

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

I am sorry, I forgot that the ability name was no longer spirit weapons as it was in wrath... the name of the ability is now called Dual Wield, it gives ENH shammies a 6% extra hit chance just for speccing ENH, but in Cata it is only Melee hit. I am hoping that this will change into just plain hit, which would gives us both spell hit AND melee hit. This may or may not occur, since this is merely conjecture at this point. I was not refferring to using spirit type weeapons. Sorry for saying it wrong to start with and causing confusion.

#33 Nitz

Nitz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Apparently the lvl 90 talents were in-game when the guys over at WoW Insider played Mists of Pandaria. Copy-pasting their succinct description below (which are kinda useless for speculation without further details):
  • One supercharges your Unleash Elements to provide a much better bonus for each imbue type.
  • Another removes the cooldown on your Fire and Earth Elemental Totems and allows you to control them.
  • And the last is a blast of elemental energy in a cone on a 15-second cooldown.

#34 davek

davek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

MMO-Champion just did a round up of new glyphs and one of them that stands out as something "new" was "Glyph of Capacitor Totem" to reduce the charging time. Capacitor Totem does not currently appear to be on the MoP Site beta Talent/Skill Calculator. For the folks in the Beta: is the ability actually in game yet and, if so, is it baseline or a 90 talent, and what does it do?

#35 Kurisu

Kurisu

So damned Devious

•  Patrons
  • 9,966 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

I already learned it when I logged in and it's not showing up on the trainer so no clue.

Capacitor Totem
1,000 Mana
Instanct Cast - 45 Sec Cooldown
Summons an Air Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that gathers eleectrical energy from the surrounding air and then explodes after 5 seconds to stun all enemies within 8 yards for 5 sec.

Note: It has a cast time that shows the 5 seconds as well.

E: And I think Searing Totem is 40 yards now?!

#36 KnThrak

KnThrak

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

One more change I noticed, Fortifying Waters has been replaced with Conductivity:
When you cast HW/GHW/HS/LB on a target in your healing rain, allies within it get healed for 20% of the healing/damage done.

I suspect the 20% is split between targets, didn't get a chance to try it since the server kept sending me offline.
SQUEAK.
-- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

#37 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Apparently the lvl 90 talents were in-game when the guys over at WoW Insider played Mists of Pandaria. Copy-pasting their succinct description below (which are kinda useless for speculation without further details):

• One supercharges your Unleash Elements to provide a much better bonus for each imbue type.
  • Another removes the cooldown on your Fire and Earth Elemental Totems and allows you to control them.
  • And the last is a blast of elemental energy in a cone on a 15-second cooldown.

It sounds like these were changed slightly in the current beta build:
6]Mists of Pandaria - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

• Elemental Blast is now a 12 second CD but 2 second cast
  • Elemental talent indicates the eles are buffed but not permanent. No indication of what the additional abilities are.
  • Unleash has the various bonuses listed now

I'm interested in if EB will be worth using as Enhance with the cast time. Worst case, I could still see us using it right before Ascendance to stack up the stat bonus (especially if it's smart in choosing which stat).

#38 Tezra

Tezra

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Here is a link to some data mined info gathered from someone over at MMO Champion.

[OFFICIAL] MoP Beta Build Changes Discussion Thread

Hope it helps some.

#39 plyb0y007

plyb0y007

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'm currently in the beta and the new Echo of Elements is pretty OP with the ele mastery. I'd say mastery might become the highest stat priority. As of right now there is no ICD on the talent or the mastery, so that might change. Nothing beats a bunch of free casts, though. :) Any other questions? Just let me know!

#40 Shaminv

Shaminv

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

It sounds like these were changed slightly in the current beta build:
6]Mists of Pandaria - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

• Elemental Blast is now a 12 second CD but 2 second cast
  • Elemental talent indicates the eles are buffed but not permanent. No indication of what the additional abilities are.
  • Unleash has the various bonuses listed now

I'm interested in if EB will be worth using as Enhance with the cast time. Worst case, I could still see us using it right before Ascendance to stack up the stat bonus (especially if it's smart in choosing which stat).

You can use your MWx5 to cast EB. The new MW:

Maelstrom Weapon
Requires Melee Weapon
When you deal damage with a melee weapon, you have a chance to reduce the cast time and mana cost of your next Nature spell with a base cast time shorter than 10 seconds by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 30 sec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users