• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#21 Muspel

Muspel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

There is a new attack called Wild Strike. At the moment it is an off-hand attack without Slam's cast time. The Bloodsurge proc then lets you do 3 cheap Wild Strikes on a 1 sec GCD. Wild Strike also has the MS debuff, replacing Furious Attacks.

From the most recent Q&A. Fury won't be using Slam anymore, according to Ghostcrawler.

Also, warrior specs are going to get rotational abilities that grant rage, rather than costing it.

It'll be interesting to see how this will affect the stability of fury's rotation, as we currently can get somewhat screwed by strings of misses. I also like how Wild Strike can be used three times, which will help reduce the number of empty GCDs.

#22 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

It appears that warriors will no longer generate rage from damage taken in order to make active mitigation work. To be honest,l I kind of expected a change like this as rage is nearly limitless as prot and there needs to be a limiting factor of the resource used for the mitigation abilities.

#23 Muspel

Muspel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

It appears that warriors will no longer generate rage from damage taken in order to make active mitigation work.

That part might only apply to prot, given Death Wish's tooltip.

#24 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Its weird that they would make a talent literally useless for a spec given their current design goal. Im curious if that talent is up for change. Perhaps it might be change to allows rage gen from damage taken or something.

#25 Muspel

Muspel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

Its weird that they would make a talent literally useless for a spec given their current design goal. Im curious if that talent is up for change. Perhaps it might be change to allows rage gen from damage taken or something.

That's also possible. Or maybe the new Death Wish was made before they started looking at rage system revamps.

#26 Rynok

Rynok

Dancing Monkey

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:02 AM

Possible, but look at what it's next to: Deadly Calm has incredible potential for Prot, Heroic Strike and Cleave being anchors of the Prot rotation (especially for consistent threat).

I understand that Bull Rush might seem more geared to Prot than the other talents in the tier due to its inclusion of Intervene, but let's face it: how often do you really Intervene during the average boss encounter?
Tyráel: On the off chance that we don't suck at what we do, we should probably stop being so nice to people. They might get the wrong idea.
Rynok: You kicked someone from a PUG last week for sneezing in Vent without permission. How could anyone get the wrong idea about that?!

The Heart of a Lion

#27 Muspel

Muspel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:44 AM

Further info: the attack speed slow debuff is gone. Thunder Clap will apply the 10% physical damage reduction in an AoE, instead. Also, our mastery is going to be nerfed in some way, which isn't a surprise (either that, or they're massively buffing the DK/druid masteries, but that's less likely).

One less debuff to keep up for tanks will be nice. Should also give us more rage to work with for the new active mitigation playstyle.

#28 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

My guess would that our masteries buff our mitigation abilities like shield block in the same way DK mastery buffs deathstrike. As for losing demo shout I am extremely glad as it is quite annoying to apply.

Bull rush kind of confuses me since raging blow is still in the game. Do they expect fury warriors who take this to intervene on CD?

#29 Muspel

Muspel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

My guess would that our masteries buff our mitigation abilities like shield block in the same way DK mastery buffs deathstrike. As for losing demo shout I am extremely glad as it is quite annoying to apply.

Bull rush kind of confuses me since raging blow is still in the game. Do they expect fury warriors who take this to intervene on CD?

Bull rush strikes me as more of a PvP talent.

#30 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Based on some info we gained from blue posts after the Q&A, it appears the enrage mechanic might be changing a bit although they were kind of vague. It appears critting will actually cause you to be enraged since they are removing deep wounds. And the enrage will increase the amount of rage gained from auto attacks. So it is possible that the bull rush talent won't be needed as you will have a high enrage uptime anyways. The enrage change could have interesting implications for prot as it looks as if they want rage to matter for the spec. It would be interesting to see if crit becomes a viable tank stat. All very interesting changes indeed. I think I'll need to save judgement till beta goes live as the scope of these changes are very large.

Titan's Grip and SMF in MoP - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

#31 FearMeMortals

FearMeMortals

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

Also, our mastery is going to be nerfed in some way, which isn't a surprise (either that, or they're massively buffing the DK/druid masteries, but that's less likely).

"We decided not to prevent or discourage block capping for paladins and warriors, because it would have required several corresponding changes to compensate for such severe nerfs and the risk of getting things wrong or asking players to change gear was just too great. Instead, we decided to buff DK and druid tanks to improve their ability to handle streaks of bad luck. In the DK’s case, we increased the armor bonus of Blood Presence."

#32 Muspel

Muspel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

"We decided not to prevent or discourage block capping for paladins and warriors, because it would have required several corresponding changes to compensate for such severe nerfs and the risk of getting things wrong or asking players to change gear was just too great. Instead, we decided to buff DK and druid tanks to improve their ability to handle streaks of bad luck. In the DK’s case, we increased the armor bonus of Blood Presence."

The 4.3 balance changes and what they have planned for MoP are two very different things. Blizzard has always been way more comfortable making major changes between expansions than between patches.

#33 Rynok

Rynok

Dancing Monkey

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

The 4.3 balance changes and what they have planned for MoP are two very different things. Blizzard has always been way more comfortable making major changes between expansions than between patches.

This. The balance changes in 4.3 are going to be minor compared to the complete overhaul of game mechanics that Blizzard is by all appearances planning with the next expansion. From what we've seen so far, MoP is going to be an exponentially greater change to things than Cata was.
Tyráel: On the off chance that we don't suck at what we do, we should probably stop being so nice to people. They might get the wrong idea.
Rynok: You kicked someone from a PUG last week for sneezing in Vent without permission. How could anyone get the wrong idea about that?!

The Heart of a Lion

#34 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

Talent Calculator - Game - World of Warcraft!

Here you can view all of the proposed mechanics of 5.0 for warriors, including spell changes.
>--Coaching Site--< Private coaching / Warrior Resource
>--Stream--< Tues, Wed, 7 Eastern.

#35 Beefyt

Beefyt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Regarding Fury:
Interesting to see that Rend is back on our plate for Fury as we will be in Battle Stance if the change to Berserker Stance goes live. Seems like the Battle Stance change is also a quality of life improvement for Shattering Throw. Also, Fury loses Colossus Smash (now Arms only). We do gain Wild Strike however, which seems like it will see most of it's use during the new Bloodsurge proc as the replacement for Slam which is Arms-only. However, I do not see Inner Rage anymore as a way to hastily dump rage via Heroic Strike. Was it scrapped?
The Rampage raid buff seems to have disappeared and Battle Shout has been changed to an attack power buff (not modified by Kings/MotW).
I think it was expected that Bloodthirst was changed to a rage generator. I believe that it was discussed in Landsoul's class Q/A comment previously.
Does anyone have thoughts at a possible new rotation for 5.0? Should we be concerned yet? To me it looks sort of see-saw-ish with Bloodthirst and Wild Strike.

#36 plamenpavl

plamenpavl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

I am pretty sure the warrior tree is not nearly finished.
If you take a look at the paladin/DK/druid tanking trees they all have Vengeance for example. The warrior tank doesn't. Also 80 rage cost for activating shield block which will last only one hit is pretty absurd. I suggest we wait and see.

On a side note - fury retains Raging Blow and with a less RNG enrage mechanics it could potentially take a big part of our rotation.
My highest hopes are that fury won't loose Colossus Smash and/or Wild Strike will scale with our mastery (at the moment the only useful thing I can see affected by mastery is Raging Blow, since Enrage no longer increases damage done).

Edit:
Looking more closely at the fury and protection trees :
1) Inner Rage is build in Heroic Strike and Cleave - their cooldown is 1.5 seconds by default. We will more likely generate more rage due to the changes to how Enrage works and Bloodthirst/MS/Shield Slam generating rage, so we might see more heroic strikes/cleaves used as it is now.
2) I still think that 80 rage for Shield Block/Last Stand is too much, but it seems prot warriors will have to balance between using global cooldowns to generate rage/threat and using shield block/last stand to "mitigate" damage.
3) Prot warriors no longer have magical damage reduction, which is kind of sad.

Keep in mind this is most likely not the final version and we still haven't seen the glyph choices which will certainly change the general feel of our abilities.

Edit 2:
It may be too soon, but still worth a brainstorming - potential rotation for fury could be something along the lines of:
Assuming BT>RB>WS
0:00 - BT (no bloodsurge proc)
1:50 - RB
3:00 - Filler
4:50 - Filler
6:00 - BT
A viable filler seem to be Rend. Possibly Thunderclap, Wild Strike (if it hits harder than Heroic Strike).

0:00 - BT (bloodsurge proc, triggering 1 sec GCD for the next 3 Wild Strikes)
1:50 - RB
2:50 - WS1
3:50 - WS2
4:50 - WS3
6:00 - BT

#37 Ran Newman

Ran Newman

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Some more things to noitce:
1. Most prot abilities cost no rage
2. BT is on 6 seconds CD.

#38 FearMeMortals

FearMeMortals

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

I think the increased cooldown of BT is probably the most interesting. A fairly reasonable guess would be that our 1,2 rotation will become a 1,2,3,4 rotation. However things we'll want to find out

- How does increased up time on enrage and the addition of Wild Strike effect the attractiveness of our mastery??
- General DPR and OCL of our new and retuned abilities.

Until we know these things its really hard to get an idea of where the spec is going. Bring on the beta.

#39 Tengenstein

Tengenstein

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Shield Block costs 80 rage and has one charge? I hope there's more to the active defence model than just changing our rage dump. I'm some what amused that Prot gets meat cleaver as well, it doesn't seem exactly synergistic with 80rage shield blocks.

#40 Otori

Otori

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

Shield block has no cooldown now.
Also, none of the abilities used in our "rotation", like Devastate (but it now has a 3 sec CD) and Revenge, cost rage. Only exception is TC, but that has a defensive component to it. Sword n Board makes SS generate twice the rage and they completely reworked the enraged mechanic, making it so that it increases rage generated through attacks.

Maybe this will increase rage generation to a point where 80 rage SB with no cooldown is ok I guess. We won't really be spending it on anything else, except maybe victory rush (talented) or Heroic Strikes when needed.

I don't understand how they kept our mastery and block mechanics though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users