549 replies to this topic

#541 Hardbunny

Hardbunny

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

From PTR patchnotes
"Slam now does an additional 10% damage to targets affected by the warrior’s Colossus Smash.

Shattering Throw no longer costs rage."

Can anyone put this into simcraft (for testing purposes), perhaps arms will pull ahead in terms of theoretical dps.

#542 AmeroGER

AmeroGER

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

So it happened today. According to Simcraft the statweight of my crit dropped to the same weight as mastery (both 0.8 strength now). Has anybody already looked into developing a formula how to keep those statweights in balance? Otherwise I'd have to resim my character after every statchange to check if one of those two stats has pulled ahead.

#543 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

So it happened today. According to Simcraft the statweight of my crit dropped to the same weight as mastery (both 0.8 strength now). Has anybody already looked into developing a formula how to keep those statweights in balance? Otherwise I'd have to resim my character after every statchange to check if one of those two stats has pulled ahead.

In SimulationCraft, use a reforge plot between haste and mastery to more precisely find the spot where the marginal value of those two stats match each other. But there really is no formula someone could provide here at all. You're using a simulation with statistical sampling, not a formulation like a spreadsheet, Rawr, etc.

#544 Berthold

Berthold

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

From PTR patchnotes
"Slam now does an additional 10% damage to targets affected by the warrior’s Colossus Smash.

Shattering Throw no longer costs rage."

No need to put it into simcraft. The APL already tries to fit most of the Slams into CS. Currently, Slam is 7.6% of our damage, so this change is less than 1%. There might be additional improvements possible to the APL, but I wouldn't expect much more of this change.
SimulationCraft starter guide: https://code.google....i/StartersGuide
Please do not PM me about things you wouldn't put in the respective threads. Just post them there, others might learn stuff from your questions.

#545 Arcadial

Arcadial

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows if/when it is worth breaking 4pc. right now I have heroic chest off jikun and H gloves off iron qon which I'm not using, and I was wondering if I get shoulders off H tort would it be worth dropping 4piece for the increased crit and stats?

#546 Dark friend

Dark friend

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

I was wondering if anyone knows if/when it is worth breaking 4pc. right now I have heroic chest off jikun and H gloves off iron qon which I'm not using, and I was wondering if I get shoulders off H tort would it be worth dropping 4piece for the increased crit and stats?

Short answer, no. Longer answer, the SEP of 4p is, IIRC, around 2200. You'd need heroic TF offpieces to make it worth it, and than only if you aren't the first warrior in the SB line, and even than its a close thing.

#547 Kaljurei

Kaljurei

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Has the Slam change been incorporated into the next Simcraft release? I'd also assume that there should be a rotation change, but I can't put my finger on it currently without obtaining a new release with the Slam change i.e how rage works out.

#548 Berthold

Berthold

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

Rage/dmg change should be in with the next integration of the PTR files, but the slam cleave is not yet there.
SimulationCraft starter guide: https://code.google....i/StartersGuide
Please do not PM me about things you wouldn't put in the respective threads. Just post them there, others might learn stuff from your questions.

#549 Kaljurei

Kaljurei

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Slam got nerfed to 275% WD and costs 25 Rage, down from 330% WD and 30 Rage. No changes to other abilities yet, this is not listed in any PTR notes, it was a live update from PTR.

#550 AmeroGER

AmeroGER

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

I've recently spent some time developing a spreadsheet for figuring out loot rankings in SoO.

https://docs.google....FpTFlEWlE#gid=9

It does the basics of reforging/gemming items optimally and then compares one item to another in a vacuum. It can't optimize the entire character at once and I wouldn't know how to. I also can't think of a way to take single minded fury into account when comparing one handers to two handers.

On the second page I made a rough comparison between slam and whirwind and when to use which.

I've never done stuff like this before and any input would be really appreciated.

Edit: took account of Sweeping Strikes. I'm running on the assumption that you'd be using SS regardless of whether you'd use WW or Slam. Also I had overlooked that slam only costs 25 rage now. Both of those factors buffed Slam a lot.

So the way I'd interpret this chart is: Use WW if you are fighting against any of the following:
-95 or more enemies
-70 or more enemies, if at least one of those is out of reach of slam
-46 or more enemies, if at least two of those are out of reach of slam
-21 or more enemies, if at least three of those are out of reach of slam
-5 or more enemies, if at least four of those are out of reach of slam

The scenarios where you're fighting against more than 21 enemies and still slamming are incredibly unlikely, so the breakpoint likely occurs somewhere between 5 and 21 enemies. My guess is around 8, which is the point where you need to be hitting and missing equally many enemies with Slam cleave for Slam to still be superior to WW.

Edit2: Added PTR-Simcraft results using my current character for varying scenarios.
https://docs.google....pTFlEWlE#gid=21

Points worth mentioning:
Titan's Grip is now superior to Single-Minded Fury even on single target. Fury beats Arms in single target but starts losing badly as soon as at least one other target is involved. The new 2-piece bonus is pretty sick, the 4-piece bonus not so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users