• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#41 Fearnot

Fearnot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

More on the sword. Between Wednesday night and Today it was buffed. The ticks went from on average 11155 to 12200-ish and the crit rate skyrocketed.

Posted Image

#42 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

Stats priority:

Hit>=Crit>Haste>Mastery

I got to about 19% hit when crit became equal to it again. Haste is a little bit behind crit, and Mastery was in the dumpster.
>--Coaching Site--< Private coaching / Warrior Resource
>--Stream--< Tues, Wed, 7 Eastern.

#43 neekko

neekko

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Landsoul, can we have a bit more insight on the stat values? And why does mastery have that much depreciated value? Other that the loss of t12 4pc bonus i don't see any other reason why it should be below haste.

#44 Serivola

Serivola

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

2pT13 just let hit and haste scale extremely good. Mastery doesn't get that worse, hit and haste just get better.

#45 Quiks

Quiks

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

Stats priority:

Hit>=Crit>Haste>Mastery

I got to about 19% hit when crit became equal to it again. Haste is a little bit behind crit, and Mastery was in the dumpster.

at 20.01% hit 22.64% crit 7.42 mastery
I'm still showing hit > crit
at the above values I'm seeing .6520 for hit and .6445 for crit
Are we going to be going for 27% hit this tier?

#46 Kluian

Kluian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Keep in mind currently during DW encounter hit seems almost useless because you can't miss tentacles, claws, etc. (Not sure if you still need the 8%).

#47 Quiks

Quiks

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Pre Heroic Madness, for Orc, Experimental Specimen Slicer heroic should be BiS, while other classes should be going for Ataraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster. Looking at logs, Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps is doing about 1200-1500 dps from the tentacle alone. The secondary stats on the heroic version of the mace/axe are coming out to ~1600+ dps. As long as the sword's tentacle scales a little bit more in its heroic version, it should be in the lead for full BiS.

#48 Molie

Molie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Also, Bones of the Damned (Chest) should be the Off-piece.

Has this been confirmed? Because the BiS list certainly didn't change anything.

#49 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

The should be the off set since they are upgradable to heroic unlike the .

#50 Gerya

Gerya

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

Is the OP at any point going to update his BiS list? As it is now using items that don't exist ingame and weapons that aren't BiS.
Keeping a non-correct version here is just going to cause confusion.

#51 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

The OP is updating the list, just not copying it over to EJ. Go click the link to MMO champ and the more accurate list is there.

#52 Quiks

Quiks

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

The Heroic Runescriven Demon Collar from Heroic Hagara is better than the demonbone waistguard from VP

#53 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

Has anyone had a chance to do any testing on ? I picked this up last night and recount showed it doing 3.5% to 6% of my damage with some procs critting for over 60k. Unfortunately we had an issue with our logs and I don't have any data from fights with the trinket. While unreliable, the procs could be incredible for aoe situations. If the proc on this trinket scales with AP as reported and truly does such a large portion of a warrior's damage I can see it challenging the other available trinkets, at least situationally.

I have the 397 version. Its damage is what's listed on wowhead(9063-13594) + 67.5%*AP. It is reduced by armor, which is bypassed with CS up, and benefits from physical damage mods both on your character and on target, e.g. DW/Enrage/Blood Frenzy all modify it. It's able to crit, which I assume is a chance equal to your melee crit chance, but I don't have nearly enough data to be sure, and it deals double damage on crit(probably 206% damage with a 3% crit dmg meta, like Fiery Attack procs, but again not enough data to say for sure). Crits do not proc DW, but they do proc flurry.

One oddity is that the ICD appears to be 27s rather than an even 25. After trying about 30 times to force a proc in under 27s(by simultaneously cleaving/WW multiple dummies to give it a high chance to proc if it were outside the ICD), I never saw lower than 27. If I had to speculate, I would guess the ICD changes between the various ilvl versions and the heroic version might have a normal 25s ICD. According to wowhead's data, the chance to proc outside the ICD is 15%, which is probably trustworthy.

In any case, from some napkin math, I would currently place the 397 version's proc's SEP value at roughly 395 in pure single target situations, which makes it a clear step up from H-VoA, and just a bit behind 403 Eye of Unmaking/397 Creche. If there's even a small amount of AoE on a fight, it is absurdly better than any other trinket option.

#54 Eetabeetay

Eetabeetay

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:56 AM

Is Gurthalak BiS for offhand too? Wouldn't the mace be BiS for OH considering the fact that procs are halved in the OH?

#55 Macasiria

Macasiria

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

Is Gurthalak BiS for offhand too? Wouldn't the mace be BiS for OH considering the fact that procs are halved in the OH?

Compare with MH , the Procs rate will relatively reduced to a great extent when you are putting the Gurthalak on OH.

Because the Procs can be only triggled by MainHandWeapon when you are casting the most abilities , such as BT/CS/Slam(TG)/HS..etc

I simulated these by the Sheet yesterday , the results are that 416*2 > 406MH+410OH > 406*2 > 410MH+406OH .

But as is known to all ,to down the DeathWing(H) is very diffcult. So I think the 406MH+410 OH may be the best choice for a long time until you get the 416Gurthalak .

#56 perfektion

perfektion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

Compare with MH , the Procs rate will relatively reduced to a great extent when you are putting the Gurthalak on OH.

Because the Procs can be only triggled by MainHandWeapon when you are casting the most abilities , such as BT/CS/Slam(TG)/HS..etc

I simulated these by the Sheet yesterday , the results are that 416*2 > 406MH+410OH > 406*2 > 410MH+406OH .

But as is known to all ,to down the DeathWing(H) is very diffcult. So I think the 406MH+410 OH may be the best choice for a long time until you get the 416Gurthalak .

If you have the weapon please test this yourself, but I do have the weapon, and have tested this many times...

*****The weapons proc effect will happen from ANY type of direct physical hits you cause(melee, bt,rb,slam,hs,etc.) It does not matter if the weapon is in your offhand or mainhand, any of the hits you cause will proc it....
This also means that the offhand and mainhand will have the same chance of causing a proc.

I am going to guess that having 2 of the weapons will double the chance that you get a proc, and that all procs will still come from any of the direct physical hits you cause.

#57 Runtime

Runtime

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

Well no. Only 1 of your abilities uses both weapons and so your cant get procs off the rest from the off hand. If you were to analyze just your auto attack then yes you would be correct, but with abilities added in you will get 1/3 to 1/2 more procs from your main hand than your off due.

#58 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

Deep Wounds from procs have yet to be removed in the sheet, and proc damage is kind of new so the sheet might not be 100% correct in the regard of a BIS Gurtalak, especially in offhand.
>--Coaching Site--< Private coaching / Warrior Resource
>--Stream--< Tues, Wed, 7 Eastern.

#59 perfektion

perfektion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Well no. Only 1 of your abilities uses both weapons and so your cant get procs off the rest from the off hand. If you were to analyze just your auto attack then yes you would be correct, but with abilities added in you will get 1/3 to 1/2 more procs from your main hand than your off due.

tested this theory aswell and it proved wrong.....

-my personal tests still show weapon procing on all hits, mh or oh

#60 Ran Newman

Ran Newman

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Perfektion, do you mean that by equiping the weapon in OH it will proc from MH abilties like BT, slam and HS?
If so, could you share your tests with us? (for example, linking a proc from a BT while it's equiped in OH).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users