• This topic is locked This topic is locked
302 replies to this topic

#301 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Harmony is additive with Gift of Nature, Empowered Touch, Genesis, Rejuv Glyph, Imp Rejuv, ... .

If you considered just GoN, 20% Harmony takes you from 125% to 145%, a 16% relative increase. That is probably what you'd see for WG with no Genesis. Spells with more additive bonuses see less of a (relative) increase.

#302 nurofen

nurofen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

On the Priest the added bonus, which is added as a HOT (Echo Of Light), is not lost when you spam heal someone, but rather it gets refreshed cumulatively with the remaining portion of previous one.

Spamming heals with a Druid however, from what I have seen, loses you the previous HOT portion but adds one extra tick on Regrowth/Rejuv for example.

Comparing Mastery to Crit, you'd need 180 Critical Rating to gain 1% extra CS which means a flat 1% extra healing which appears to be multiplicative. 180 points of Mastery Rating gives you 1.25% extra healing which appears to be 25% more, but it is additive and requires harmony to be up (for HOTs), so at the end what is better? I personally believe CS to be better because it is "automatic" and works on all spells under any conditions (no Harmony required).

#303 Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Comparing Mastery to Crit, you'd need 180 Critical Rating to gain 1% extra CS which means a flat 1% extra healing which appears to be multiplicative. 180 points of Mastery Rating gives you 1.25% extra healing which appears to be 25% more, but it is additive and requires harmony to be up (for HOTs), so at the end what is better? I personally believe CS to be better because it is "automatic" and works on all spells under any conditions (no Harmony required).

Remember that in the case of mastery, you get 10 % healing as a base amount which in itself is enough that you should always keep the buff up and really never cast a hot when the buff is not up. I think when you consider mastery vs crit, the free mastery you get is what makes it better than crit since you can't really say no to a free 10 % healing increase.

Edit: My slightly more exact point being that you should never be in a condition where your hots don't benefit from mastery (and thus making mastery slightly better than crit). And remember: Regrowth always benefits from mastery so you can rather easily use that to refresh the buff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users