First of, how is your overall dps? I'm not the best one to answer this since we got our first kill yesterday but here's how we did it.
We went with x2 healers instead of x3. This really helped alot! Had all my cd's ready for the first wave of terrors. Used up dream/si/barkskin, also we had a dpriest which helped alot. Also used BL after engaging the terrors, ended up with 6 stacks. After this we ignored the second wave of fragments /popped frenzied/ and got the kill.
Went with 2x stamina trinkets because I was afraid of the Impale when I had to use frenzied but that worked fine so probably going to try it with seed/mirror next week. Or hopefully I'll get matrix/wrath untill the next try so I can go with those 2!
On a side note, just picked up tanking about 2 months ago on my druid after a long break but hopefully you found some of this information valuable. Starting to read up again making my way through rawr, really enjoy this part outside of the game !
I've solo tanked it 3 times now, to be able to do that it's not only up to you but up to the dps/comp you have. This is how we did it:
- 1 tank (druid - me) / 2 heals (shammy, pally - disc works too) / 7 dps (healthy mix). Make sure you have replenishment for the healers and use innervate on CD on the lowest mana healer.
- On ALL platforms, as soon as the tentacle spawns ALL dps switch to do it and burn it down with CDs. 1min and 2min CDs will be up every platform, 3min CDs will be up every other platform. That way you are guaranteed to only deal with one impale. On green you can just dream it off, pop barkskin after impale goes down to help manage healers mana. After the tentacle is down you'll have time to down the bolt before it lands, if not quickly have dps down it and then finish up tentacle, but for us it worked every time.
Have all raid members use their dream for each tentacle/fire to help healers mana (2 times).
- On yellow it's the same deal. Use SI for impale then barkskin to help out heals. Exact same deal as green.
- On red we downed the tentacle every time before the bolt landed but that might not happen. Barskin for impale.
1. Say you down the tentacle in time then have EVERYONE stack on a marker in the back as close as the limb as possible and use a raid CD such as barrier, spirit link, AM, RC for impact. And I tranked to help out heals.
2. Say the bolt will land before the tentacle dies, and taking a page out of our 25man strat, leave the tentacle raid stack in the back, CD through impact, kill bolt then finish off tentacle. A pally can HoS you and DP himself, a disc can put PS on you. If worse comes to worse your SI might be up by then, tho I'd rather save it for blue.
- Blue is the exact same deal as red with minor changes. I used my 4set for impact and then used RC and Spirit link for each of the Blistering tentacle adds. Another trank here is a plus if you have another druid. The smaller tentacles adds will need to be single target, Aoe doesn't work, if you have oozes and tentacles up, kill tentacles then AoE oozes.
On phase 2:
- Down tentacles at the beginning, have everyone including yourself use dream for tentacle Sharpnel cast. The elmentium terros will spawn, tank them on the time zone and mark one. Use your dream, barkskin, SI, and healers CDs to survive it.
As soon as the terrors die, pop hero and burn DW down, ignore the tentacles that respawn, use your 4set again to help out heals and have dream ready for sharpnel if dps is bad.
**As a side note you can use hero twice in this fight. Use it on green tentacle and then again at the end.**
**As far as trinkets I use Indomitable and Wrath, pretty much the same gear I have on now**