Photo

[Resto] 4.3 Gear Discusson (Dragon Soul)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Pyrates

Pyrates

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Anybody got a usefull estimate of the uptime of ? Comments on wowhead aren't exactly clear, but it might be worth getting and going and putting up an extra 32 haste for the extra RJ tick on proc.

#22 xPaperweight

xPaperweight

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

Yah, it's a 45 second ICD, with a 10 second duration. The CD starts at the end of the duration. And it does proc off hots. Not sure of the proc chance, but it's roughly up 10/60seconds. Don't have any logs with it yet, but that's just testing i got through healing in SW.

But it's a sacrifice of a lot of stats. Not only does it not have secondary stats, but it doesn't have a gem socket like most 2 handers do. So, you lose out on the offhand +40 int enchant as well.

#23 Beasty

Beasty

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

The aforementioned staff along with may be an interesting combination for reaching haste breakpoints, it would still be quite unreliable though. The boon with SoW being the activated haste effect.

#24 Kleathead01

Kleathead01

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

I was curious to hear people thoughts on our 4 piece set bonus. I wasn't able to do any testing on it during the ptr, but it seems like a huge throughput loss from t12 4p. Would keeping 2p t12 and getting a strictly throughput trinket like windward heart and maw make up for the throughput loss? Or would getting it benefit us more through the increase in secondary stats?

#25 Lauser

Lauser

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Yah, it's a 45 second ICD, with a 10 second duration. The CD starts at the end of the duration. And it does proc off hots. Not sure of the proc chance, but it's roughly up 10/60seconds. Don't have any logs with it yet, but that's just testing i got through healing in SW.

Regarding:

I can confirm this (for balance at least). Looks like the uptime is roughly 17% (10/60s).
WoL Ragnaros HC - Balance

Have a look at Buffs gained: Slowing the Sands

#26 faa

faa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

From what I heard our 4 piece is terrible. It will result in over-healing most of the time IMO. I was considering going for 2500~ haste or w/e the exact number is Seal of the Seven Signs proc. I don't think it's a good idea to drop down to 1500~ spirit for mastery this tier since druids mainly did this for rag progression. Some stuck with it including me but I'm definately feeling the pinch on mana now and will most likely reforge back out of mastery to spirit this reset.

A lot of gear has pure haste on it this tier so its going to be a lot easier to work around haste values IMO. This makes it easier to take an item with no 2ndary stats like Maw of the Dragonlord.

I think we'll be using 2p t12 during madness, I heard they increased all the damage output right before to tonight's shutdown?

#27 zielik

zielik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

From what I heard our 4 piece is terrible. It will result in over-healing most of the time IMO. I was considering going for 2500~ haste or w/e the exact number is Seal of the Seven Signs proc. I don't think it's a good idea to drop down to 1500~ spirit for mastery this tier since druids mainly did this for rag progression. Some stuck with it including me but I'm definately feeling the pinch on mana now and will most likely reforge back out of mastery to spirit this reset.

Healing will matter on hc ultraxion and then spine and madness -
even on normal aoe dmg there is constant so double duration rejuvenations on some ppl will be very useful and will not overheal much.
Not sure about getting as much as 2.5k haste in replace of mastery, someone would have to test it.
I wouldn't rise spirit in cost of mastery yet, personally I have ~19.0 mastery/low spirit and Im lasting with mana on long fights. We'll see how it goes on heroics.

#28 Sasazuka

Sasazuka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

Just got (raid finder version - wowhead doesn't show the intellect on it) and it has 286 intellect. Procs on casts but not ticks (LB and RJ both count as one, each target of WG counts as one too but not sure about Tranquility). I think the spirit gained (780 vs 400) should warrant it as a replacement for DMC:Tsunami (lose 35 intellect). I'm not sure if the 10 second duration vs DMC:Tsunami's 20 second will have any impact or not.

EDIT: While doing H.Morchok, I found that using Eye of Blazing Power was better so I didn't really have a chance to test . Like Tecton said, passing this to a Resto Shaman may be better since Mana Tides Totem can benefit from the stacking spirit.

#29 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

The heroic one has 364 Intellect which should go towards making it certainly a more viable trinket for us (only a -150~ Int loss in comparison to another DS trinket) as a possible replacement for Jaws of Defeat.

However quick napkin math seems to put even the heroic Heart at a very similar level of MP5 to Jaws:
Heart - 700~ MP5 from the Spirit + 364 Int.
Jaws - 750~ MP5 (near optimal usage, according to the old thread) from the use effect + 433 Int.

If you don't make great use of Jaws then Heart may end up sneaking ahead. However it is most likely better for your raid if you passed on it in favor of the other healers who scale more significantly from Spirit for their regen and instead started using Jaws more effectively.

Someone with a bit more time will no doubt come out with a more detailed comparison but I doubt it will deviate very much from the fact that the difference is so minor on good usage that at the heroic level it becomes the 'Lazy Mans Choice'. The normal version is -110 Int from heroic Jaws and pulls out 650~ MP5 which is probably inferior to even half-assed usage of Jaws when you take into account the throughput advantage 110 Int provides.

Spirit just has not been that significant a stat for us when Replenishment, Revitalize and Innervate all scale solely off Intellect and Blizzard seem to have no qualms with that for this expansion.

I don't know anything

#30 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

One thing to consider is that passing the trinket to a resto shaman in the first instance increases your entire healing team's mana regen.

#31 Maltese

Maltese

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

One thing to consider is that passing the trinket to a resto shaman in the first instance increases your entire healing team's mana regen.

Just a note, it was confirmed on 12/5 that this trinkets proc does not increase mana tide unfortunatly.
http://elitistjerks....12/#post2055996

EDIT: Derp. Guess I need to learn to patch notes.

#32 Môurn

Môurn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

There is a post on MMO-Champion on Dec. 6 Hotfixes stating, "Mana Tide Totem now benefits from Heart of Unliving".

#33 Grà ffith

Grà ffith

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

What does everyone think of Foul Gift of the Demon Lord - Item - World of Warcraft

It has a very high uptime and gives about 8% harmony bonus(at least for me, 21% to 29% harmony for me)

Here is a link in an Ultraxion Kill World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Foul gift had a 59% uptime. It lasts 20s and it s god aweful obvious proc.

#34 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

It's a decent trinket due to the low ICD as it works to an average of 500~ mastery passive.
However you must keep in mind you have to refresh your Harmony after the proc happens for it to actually benefit you which is a reasonable downside if you have to do this on more than an infrequent basis.

For what it's worth it is a 20sec duration and a following 25sec ICD which amounts to a 45%~ uptime. For some reason your log seems bugged by having double durations of the buff twice which is why the uptime seems so good for you there.

I don't know anything

#35 Grà ffith

Grà ffith

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

It's a decent trinket due to the low ICD as it works to an average of 500~ mastery passive.
However you must keep in mind you have to refresh your Harmony after the proc happens for it to actually benefit you which is a reasonable downside if you have to do this on more than an infrequent basis.

I am struggling to find a trinket with a better proc tho. The effect lasts 20s so a recast of HT/Nourish/Regrowth still gives you a good ~15s of the proc.

I am going with this as my preliminary BiS list Profiler - Wowhead

I plan on using a different spec tho, not sure why it won't load the other spec. 8/2/31 with moonglow maxed and 2/3 in furor, 1/3 in genesis

#36 pragmata

pragmata

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

Is there any consensus on whether 2T13/2T12 is better than 4T12 heroic?
Also do druids that reforge spirit to mastery, experience mana issues in particular on bosses like H Warlord etc?

#37 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

Also do druids that reforge spirit to mastery, experience mana issues in particular on bosses like H Warlord etc?

I personally believe that when starting heroics you should bump up your mana regen and then cut back as you feel comfortable with rather than running on fumes unnecessarily. I went from 1600->2300 Spirit and took the 2 set from LFR (I still had a 378 gloves so it averaged out as an equal ilvl/stats exchange) for now.

Depending on your tactic on Zon'ozz (1 camp or 2) it can be very mana intensive in both phases which should lean you towards more regen, I noticed issues on Yor'sahj heroic but that was without the Mana Void trick so that is a pending issue. Spine/Ultraxion seemed rough enough on normal to warrant higher regen too.. but obviously how your guild plays and your style of healing will impact this issue more for you personally than anyone else can guide you.

I don't know anything

#38 Grà ffith

Grà ffith

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

I personally believe that when starting heroics you should bump up your mana regen and then cut back as you feel comfortable with rather than running on fumes unnecessarily. I went from 1600->2300 Spirit and took the 2 set from LFR (I still had a 378 gloves so it averaged out as an equal ilvl/stats exchange) for now.

Depending on your tactic on Zon'ozz (1 camp or 2) it can be very mana intensive in both phases which should lean you towards more regen, I noticed issues on Yor'sahj heroic but that was without the Mana Void trick so that is a pending issue. Spine/Ultraxion seemed rough enough on normal to warrant higher regen too.. but obviously how your guild plays and your style of healing will impact this issue more for you personally than anyone else can guide you.

what is this "mana void trick" you speak of

#39 Wallen

Wallen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

what is this "mana void trick" you speak of

I'm guessing saving a low HP mana void from an easy combo and killing it off when you get a harder one. That's what we did and it helped quite a lot.

#40 Thedave

Thedave

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

So far, I absolutely have mana issues on H-Zon'ozz and H-Ultra. H-Zon'ozz is the most noticeable: even with 2 priest hymns in the raid, a mana tide, 3/3 Moonglow 2/3 Furor, 2pc T12, and Shard of Woe, I'm at 0 mana at the end of the fight. As a result, I'm giving spirit and mastery each the same value in ReforgeLite - which leads to a 50/50 balance of the two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users