Photo

[Resto] 4.3 Gear Discusson (Dragon Soul)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 AnatoLiy

AnatoLiy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

I'm surprised to see that wasn't listed or even discussed in this thread yet. For Resto Druids looking to maximize int/mastery at the cost of spirit, this neck helps you the best to achieve that goal while still keeping your haste.

When compared to , the Heroic Choker gives you 10 extra int (With a Brilliant Queen's Garnet) and what I like to call 11 extra "potential" secondary stats.

The way I calculate potential secondary stats based on what stats I need. In my case it's mastery/haste. I don't go for over 2005 haste but at the moment my gear still has a lot of spirit that can be tapped into as I keep upgrading my gear, especially while I'm still using the Vendor Crit VP neck piece.

So for the Heroic Choker, my potential secondary stats are 296/296 while the Heroic Fungal Heart will give me 285/408 (204 haste, 81 mastery, 123 spirit).

In total I would gain 10 int, 11 potential secondary stats and lose 123 spirit.

That's quite a bit of spirit to lose for such a small throughput gain so use at your own risk. I wouldn't recommend to sacrifice this without some sort of spirit trinket or really high end-game items.

#62 AnatoLiy

AnatoLiy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

DELETE, sorry

#63 krazyito65

krazyito65

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

What would be the repercussion or helpfulness of making a BiS list that gives MAXIMUM Int with epic gems?

I made this list of items for each slot that would indeed give you maximum Int and you only have to be able to kill up to Heroic Blackhorn to acquire all the pieces.

Head: - Only piece from Blackhorn
Shoulders:
Chest:
Legs: - Only piece from Yor'shaj
Gloves: - Moonkin Gloves

Bracers: - Crafted Bracers
Belt:
Feet:
Neck: - Majordomo
Cape: - VP

Rings:

Main hand:
Off Hand:
Relic: OR

Trinkets:

#64 Yeni

Yeni

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

The red socket is nice, yes, but isn't the moonkin chest the better option? Or am i missing something here. By now 2005 haste should be easily obtainable and the moonking chest has mastery instead of haste.

I'd say it depends. Personally I'm trying to get rid of as much spirit as I can, maximizing other secondaries. Haste and mastery are easily exchangeable, therefore I prefer pieces with no spirit at all.

#65 Demes

Demes

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

The red socket is nice, yes, but isn't the moonkin chest the better option? Or am i missing something here. By now 2005 haste should be easily obtainable and the moonking chest has mastery instead of haste.

At least for me, even with the moonkin chest, I will have as much mastery as with the resto chest, as I will reforge to the 2005 cap as I do now and the total amount of haste and mastery rating stays about the same. So the benefit seems non-existent.

#66 Moonoak

Moonoak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hey guys i love the information i get from here. Just wondering what you guys think about as opposed to the or with the

non-heroic versions

#67 Phaidon

Phaidon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

10 man or 25 man? And for which boss?

Edit: It might also depend on whether or not you intend to go boomkin-ing, but as your 2nd spec is feral I assume this is not the case.

#68 Sasazuka

Sasazuka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Ignoring one red socket and Power Torrent since you can add it to both.

[TABLE]| +
529 Intellect|249+286+40=575 Intellect
397 Spirit|197 Spirit
3145 SP|3324 SP
278 Mastery| 0 Mastery
0 Haste|189 Haste
|Up to ~10% (typically 3-6%) healing done coming from Cleansing Flames
[/TABLE]

I'm not sure why you included the dagger with heroic gears since it doesn't even compare and that is assuming normal Maw of the Dragonlord. I can't think of situations where it mattered whether the raid was 10 man or 25.

What could be comparable is H. Visage of the Destroyer with normal Maw of the Dragonlord + H. Ledger of Revolting Rituals. Stats-wise you would be losing 29 Intellect and gaining 379 SP (for switching to staff).

#69 Moonoak

Moonoak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

I was tryin to compare all non-heroic versions.

At the moment I have staff, also in my inventory i have dagger and the maw off of 10 man kills. but no ledger. & it has never dropped for us ever. I have been using the goblet of anger from shannox til i recieved the staff the past weekend. But thanks for the information.

#70 Phaidon

Phaidon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

non-heroic versions

Important point.

Up to ~10% (typically 3-6%) healing done coming from Cleansing Flames

And this is where it really matters what raid size you play. Maw is typically much better in 25 man from my experience, and has its moments in 10 man (Ultraxion being the most noticable one), but also some fights where you cannot even get 3% without deliberately building your raid around it.
I'd still base my decision (if I was to pick between all the normal versions you mentioned) on my raid size, the fight, whether I need the haste (Moonkin offspec?) etc, especially for learning new heroic bosses. Example: Some tactics for Heroic Zon'Ozz might render Maw mostly useless during the phases where healing counts, very much depending on your task, your dps setup etc. The nerf obviously gives you a lot more freedom here.

Edit: Partially ninja'd. :D

#71 orondir

orondir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

hey guys,

i got a question about the 6th tick on rejuvenation. i managed to set my gear to the 3478 hastecap, i lose 250int and 4%mastery. do you think its worth it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users