• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#21 Vespasian

Vespasian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

Used heroism on Ultraxion with healers/spelldps phased out, they still received the heroism. 12/19/2011 8:35 pm CST

Pretty lame. Can anyone confirm/deny?

#22 Brazos

Brazos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

Morchok -

If you do end up tanking the stomps as I had to do, along with the stone claw glyph mentioned above you can / should use a shield swap macro. Even the healing shield I had was an extra 12k armour, correct me if i'm wrong the hit is physical this will make a substantial difference. It doesn't cost you a gcd and you can swap instantly back to your off hand, you'll only loose a couple of white swings and with the dps requirement on this fight it's better to be alive than risk falling over.

Cheers

The damage is physical so the extra armor does help. However, when in combat, swapping weapons does cost a global, so it will cost you two globals to swap in and out. I've tried this myself and found it less than ideal. The other problem is that keeping Stoneclaw totem up for every stomp will also hurt your dps since it is a 15s CD and the stomp CD is also 15s so you need to ensure that you have a free gloabal to hit it when it is needed and lead it a bit. Once you factor latency in, it is a rough assumption to conclude that you will spend at least one third of your time worrying about defense rather than dps. All that being said, it is possible to soak the double stomps as an enhancement shaman.

#23 TLOlol

TLOlol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

First of all, thank you Vespasian for this amazing work.
I'm wondering If you're considering the use of Earth Elemental in Ultraxion's battle, because my raid is constantly suffering DPS issues. In addition, I would like to say that removing Ancestral Swiftness from our talents is a DPS increase because you don't need it and you can use these points in Improved Shields + Stamina.

Have a good day!

#24 IloveJB

IloveJB

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

First of all, thank you Vespasian for this amazing work.
I'm wondering If you're considering the use of Earth Elemental in Ultraxion's battle, because my raid is constantly suffering DPS issues. In addition, I would like to say that removing Ancestral Swiftness from our talents is a DPS increase because you don't need it and you can use these points in Improved Shields + Stamina.

Have a good day!

Are you saying speccing out of AS for Ultraxion or just DS in general?

#25 TehDome

TehDome

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

Very nice work Vespasian. We killed Yor'sahj this ID and thanks to your post I replaced the WF glyph with the FS glyph which worked out very well. I topped the meters with 79k dps in a lucky kill try with 2 double-black phases (no joke, I guess you can find the logs yourself if you're interested, for video proof pm me).
There's one more thing I might add: after double-black you can continue to spread FS while moving. Even if you're a second late on the ooze this way you will deal more dmg to it with more fire nova action.

@IloveJB: I guess for Ultraxion since AS is really useful on the first 4 bosses at least.

#26 Ontheroxorz

Ontheroxorz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

Pretty lame. Can anyone confirm/deny?

After doing attempts up to 11PM EST last night: deny. The timing is tricky and not all of our healers were always phasing it at first, but it's difficult to tell with latency or healers just hitting the button a half second too late. I would recommend coordinating a slow countdown and have all the healers use Heroic Will on "one" with Bloodlust/Heroism on "zero." We were able to pull this off easily on most of our attempts.

#27 IloveJB

IloveJB

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:55 AM

If you drop AS you'll get stuck and won't be able to go further down the tree unless you spec into Totemic Reach, Toughness, Frozen Power, Seasoned Winds, or Earthen Power, and non of which are a DPS increase on Ultraxion, and for a defensive talent would be Toughness, but I don't really see that being useful because 1: It's only 3% Stamina, and 2: Just more Healers have to Heal up, and on Ultraxion with the Healers already struggling to Heal at the end there's no reason to give them more to Heal.

I'm not saying you should spec into AS for Ultraxion because it's virtually worthless, but what else would be a viable option?

#28 fusciafinery

fusciafinery

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

I have a question about targets that are far away, Such as Oozes on Yor'sahj or tenticals on Death-wing is it more DPS to Ghost Wolf all the way up to the target, or to Unleash elements and then Flame Shock on your way to it and then switch to Ghost wolf to close the gap? In one instance you get into melee range faster. In other one you are doing some damage on your way to the target.

#29 Myranne

Myranne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

As stated I believe in the tips, theres not much point in using flame shock on the oozes since they will die long before it falls off, you'll have higher dps using earth shock on the oozes providing you flameshock the boss before heading to it.

#30 TLOlol

TLOlol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

If you drop AS you'll get stuck and won't be able to go further down the tree unless you spec into Totemic Reach, Toughness, Frozen Power, Seasoned Winds, or Earthen Power, and non of which are a DPS increase on Ultraxion, and for a defensive talent would be Toughness, but I don't really see that being useful because 1: It's only 3% Stamina, and 2: Just more Healers have to Heal up, and on Ultraxion with the Healers already struggling to Heal at the end there's no reason to give them more to Heal.

I'm not saying you should spec into AS for Ultraxion because it's virtually worthless, but what else would be a viable option?

As I said above, Ultraxion is a static encounter. Considering AS isn't useful, you can drop 1 point in Improved Shields (remember we've only two points of tree 2/3) which is a DPS increase, and in addition, we can gain a bit of stamina dropping 1 point in Toughness.

#31 Sponde

Sponde

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

While reading I thought I might contribute a little by providing an Ultraxion 10 HC logs in which I felt I did quite well as I placed second on wlogs on our kill. Keep in mind I made a few mistakes and it was our first kill and I started using Heroic Will pretty early as the Fading Lights and Hour of Twilights started rolling in. Note that our warrior was receiving Tricks throughout the match. Comments and questions will be answered.

Ultraxion 10 HC

A good tip I discovered in our attempts was that for the initial pull it seemed best to drop totems down before the pull as usual and as we all know Searing isn't as cooperative as we'd like and you sometimes need to reapply it after the actual pull, it was actually best to go through my first regular rotation without Searing attacking the boss for the first ~6 seconds. This resulted in an overall gain of about 6-7k of peak pull DPS.

#32 greez

greez

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

A good tip I discovered in our attempts was that for the initial pull it seemed best to drop totems down before the pull as usual and as we all know Searing isn't as cooperative as we'd like and you sometimes need to reapply it after the actual pull, it was actually best to go through my first regular rotation without Searing attacking the boss for the first ~6 seconds. This resulted in an overall gain of about 6-7k of peak pull DPS.

As you wont be able to hit Ultraxion before anyone else (tanks being the main concern) you can also drop Magma Totem for a couple initial ticks. Im not sure how F/E Elemental Totems would behave though.

#33 Myranne

Myranne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

Looking at Madness of Deathwing, some people tend to get very high Spellweave damage where others do not. Does anyone know if there are any tricks or proper ways to utilize this?

In attempts I have done Ive sat quite a long way below others, and after watching the KIN Raiders video and seeing their shaman at 95k dps it makes me believe I'm not utilizing this properly.

#34 TehDome

TehDome

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

There's nothing you can do about it in a competent raidgroup. Almost every normal mode ranking is done via LFR pugs where adds live long enough for 2-3 or even more Fire Novas and as far as I know every FN hit and every FS tick can proc spellweave.

In heroic mode adds have a lot more life so you can use FN a lot and your spreaded FS tick longer. That's why heroic mode dps just seem to explode.

#35 IloveJB

IloveJB

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

I killed Madness for the first time on reg the other night, and Spellweave was 1 of my top 3 if not my top attack on all of the attempts. I just kept FS up on Deathwing as I was hitting the tentacle and prioritized LB a little bit higher, and when the tentacles came out I would just put FS up on all of those and I'd get a bunch of Spellweave procs

#36 davek

davek

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

=

Timing your Heroic Will
=
A gigantic amount of DPS can be gained by become an expert on casting Heroic Will (hitting the button that makes you fade). I strongly, strongly recommend macroing the ability:

/click ExtraActionBar1

and binding it to a key so that you don't have to manually click the button.

Extra Action Button 1 can also be found in the Keybind interface so you can bind it anywhere you'd like to put it without a macro. In the Mac Client, and I assume the PC client as well, it's placed between Action Button 12 and Special Action Button 1.

#37 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

Has anyone figured out how to get ST to target the Tendons on Spine of Deathwing? I tried all the usual and no luck. I'm guessing the only option might be magma?

EDIT:
Also wanted to add some tips of my own:
- On Hagara you can attack your own tomb when you are inside it. This also includes spreading FS and FN! Don't just sit there being useless :) - EDIT: This is actually false. I was just a moron getting stuck in tombs while not being selected.
- As Enh (with the blessing of our healers) I've found it much easier to loop around the oncoming ice wall by dipping into the bubble with GW. We have enough tricks to stay alive that it's really not a lot of damage. Also when the adds are about to die (the last one is 5% or lower) start moving to the center. You'll do no consequential damage to the adds at this point anyway and you will be in position for the burn phase.

#38 GrayMatter

GrayMatter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Has anyone figured out how to get ST to target the Tendons on Spine of Deathwing? I tried all the usual and no luck. I'm guessing the only option might be magma?

I found that it sometimes attacks if other targets are a long way away but I normally have to drop it a number of times. Does fire elemental attack it because that may be a better option for one of them and magma for the others.

#39 Nooblender

Nooblender

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

- On Hagara you can attack your own tomb when you are inside it. This also includes spreading FS and FN! Don't just sit there being useless :)

I've heard this before and I believe that it is simply untrue. When you have the ice tomb debuff, you are stunned and cannot do anything. What most likely happens to make you think otherwise is you get stuck inside someone else's ice tomb because everyone groups up. At that point, yes, you can DPS the tomb you are inside because you don't have the debuff.

#40 Cyaxeres

Cyaxeres

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

I've had the best luck on Spine with a Searing Totem that was up significantly before the plate lift. It seems completely counter to what usually happens, and I only discovered it when I basically gave up on it for an attempt or two and noticed I was getting stacks pretty early from my old totem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users