• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#41 epamafia

epamafia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

You can't attack your own tomb, what I usually do is drop magma totem just before I get frozen so I still continue to do some dmg. Its pretty low yeah but its better than nothing.
Pardon any misspells

#42 GrayMatter

GrayMatter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

You can't attack your own tomb, what I usually do is drop magma totem just before I get frozen so I still continue to do some dmg. It low yeah but its better than nothing.

Can you still control your wolves when you are frozen? If so, you could drop them and get them to attack as well.

#43 Staticus

Staticus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

You can control them but they do terrible damage alone (they struggle to break down a 20k bubble in HoO), and with 4pc T13 you'd waste all the maelprocs after the first 5.

#44 Gun

Gun

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

You can't attack your own tomb, what I usually do is drop magma totem just before I get frozen so I still continue to do some dmg. Its pretty low yeah but its better than nothing.

FireElemental is an better alternative to do so, since tombs are normally droped at the feet of the boss.

#45 Shabadu

Shabadu

Daddy Warlord of the Children of the Corn

• Guild Members
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:49 AM

Has anyone done any testing using on Black Yor'sahj phases? With the amount of spell events fire nova generates, I'd imagine it would have a decent uptime.

#46 Glayde

Glayde

King Hippo

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Just remember you need to account for the internal cooldown (15 seconds?) when you swap it to your main hand. You can't simply weapon swap and have it instantly proc.

#47 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

A note about soaking on Ultraxian:
There is another way to survive HoT other than a priest barrier and that's with a DK's AMZ. AMZ + SR is enough to survive, but of course you can use SC to be safe if you aren't fully healed. If you are fully healed you may want to consider holding off on the SC, especially if your Earth ele is up.

Overall this can help ease the stress on your raid as ideally you want to have those priest barriers up for the 5 minute mark.

#48 IloveJB

IloveJB

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

So just a thought, it's what I've been doing and it seems relatively effective... I pop my Wolves 5-10 seconds before Ultraxion is engaged so I can use them up to 3 times in the fight. I know most of the time the fight doesn't last that long, but just a though

#49 Nightstarzz

Nightstarzz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

So just a thought, it's what I've been doing and it seems relatively effective... I pop my Wolves 5-10 seconds before Ultraxion is engaged so I can use them up to 3 times in the fight. I know most of the time the fight doesn't last that long, but just a though

I really fail to see the dps gain in that. You must keep in mind that you're missing about 2000 - 2500 agility when you pop them (prepot + agility trinket + other procs), also you will get your 5 stacks of MWP extremely fast, while you'll still be munching up globals on SS / LL / totem refresh (and also BL if you're the only one in the group who can).
I personally prefer to ask the mage to do BL instead of me (then again, we have 3 shamans + 1 mage in our 10 man, "ideal" setup, not), so I can spare those precious early-fight globals.

A tip for Spine Heroic :
While the Hideous Amalgamation is exploding and you're running out, re-drop a ST, and don't attack anything else, when tendon comes up and you start your dps, it will automatically start attacking it, resulting in a gain of a global (which really does make a difference).
Also, pre-pop wolves when you've run out (use them only once per tendon, don't pop them mid-way).
Even though it's bad for every other fight, buy the Valor trinket (Kiroptiric Sigil), and use it EVERY time the armor plate lifts, 1min30 cd is just perfect for that one fight.
Save pot for second tendon (with wolves on the first time), unless your guild uses BL on that (which isn't ideal as the last one is the hectic part).
2 useful macros :

#showtooltip Stormstrike
/target Burning Tendons
/use Kiroptyric Sigil
/cast Stormstrike

(for maximum tendon uptime) - in the case /target Burning Tendons doesn't work for you (we have some issues for people with it), you can also use /target Boss2.

and

#showtooltip Feral Spirit
/use Blood Fury(Racial)
/use Kiroptyric Sigil
/cast Feral Spirit

(To pre-pop wolves 2-3 seconds before armor plate goes up)

#50 GrayMatter

GrayMatter

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Even though it's bad for every other fight, buy the Valor trinket (Kiroptiric Sigil), and use it EVERY time the armor plate lifts, 1min30 cd is just perfect for that one fight.

This trinket is not as bad as people make out. It sims above Matrix normal and other FL trinkets when you reforge the haste to Mastery and use it on CD. It also seems to line up nicely with Zon'ozz normal high damage phases (I am not sure about HC) so in certain fights it may be better than some versions (LFR for example) of the recommended DS trinkets. It's also an easy trinket to swap in and out.

#51 Nightstarzz

Nightstarzz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

This trinket is not as bad as people make out. It sims above Matrix normal and other FL trinkets when you reforge the haste to Mastery and use it on CD. It also seems to line up nicely with Zon'ozz normal high damage phases (I am not sure about HC) so in certain fights it may be better than some versions (LFR for example) of the recommended DS trinkets. It's also an easy trinket to swap in and out.

The main issue is that it doesn't line up with any of our cd's correctly. Also, it may sim higher depending on your gear setup. Personally I'm still using the rag heroic Matrix in my "normal" setup, since Vial refuses to drop.

#52 IloveJB

IloveJB

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

Nightstarrzz, I don't use/have the Agility Use Trinket so I'm not losing nearly as much as you make it out to be.

#53 Nightstarzz

Nightstarzz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

Nightstarrzz, I don't use/have the Agility Use Trinket so I'm not losing nearly as much as you make it out to be.

Well, you still lose 5-10 seconds uptime on wolves during BL. That's quite a few extra MW procs wasted, without mentioning the extra proc munching during your other globals at start. :)
We kill Ultraxion heroic in about 4min45 seconds, which means I can pop wolves at 5 seconds, at 2min5 sec, at 4min5sec, and they expire just before the kill (by about 10 seconds).

I don't really see WHY you would pop them before?

Also, you have a haste proc trinket (I suppose you couldn't get better), and wolves scale with haste. All the more benefit to pop it a few seconds into the fight.

#54 greez

greez

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

A note for Hagara (and a bit of Zonozz).
You can spec out of Improved Shields and pick up Earthen Power, this makes Frozen Tempest a complete faceroll (or rather more of a faceroll), you just have to drop Earthbind wisely in the middle of your raid when its needed, instead of spamming it.
Grounding Totem eats Shattered Ice, as well as Flails' attack on Zonozz black phase. Also you can interrupt Eyes, even though theres no cast bar. Trashes before Zonozz work exactly the same, so feel free to check it out.
Also for Ultraxion (or any boss really). You can pop wolves 1s before the pull - if you have Resto 4pc. Yeah, its like cheesing mastery with Fury Warrior.

#55 Simplereally

Simplereally

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

My guild does hagara 25hc with all casters in the middle and leaving only melee to run laps around the crystals, I found it to be a significant dps increase to simply camp 1 crystal instead of running with the pack. It is doable if you stand right at the edge of the bubble and ghost wolf inside it to avoid the spikes, you will get hit by 2-3 ticks max so it's relatively easy to survive.

#56 Ruga

Ruga

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Tip for Spine Heroic:

I finally seem to have nailed how you can make your Searing Totem reliably attack the Tendon:

1. When the Amalgamation is about to die, I drop my totems again.
2. When the Tendons are targetable, I do a SS followed by a Flame Shock and voila, the totem is shooting the tendon.

This does not work if you drop your totem again once the tendon is up.

#57 Nightstarzz

Nightstarzz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

Tip for Spine Heroic:

I finally seem to have nailed how you can make your Searing Totem reliably attack the Tendon:

1. When the Amalgamation is about to die, I drop my totems again.
2. When the Tendons are targetable, I do a SS followed by a Flame Shock and voila, the totem is shooting the tendon.

This does not work if you drop your totem again once the tendon is up.

The latter bit is false. It also DOES work if you re-drop it (but results in a loss of global).

You can read my post about point 1, on previous page, it's not flame shock dependable. Just simply drop it as you run out, and don't dps anything else in between. It also seems to instantly react to pet attack keybind (if you're dps'ing the same target).

#58 Myranne

Myranne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

So just quickly, when we do HM Hagara we tend to run into what seems to be a bug with the South East beacon in the lightnening phase where it will jump to the people chaining to it and it wont then jump to the beacon itself. Is this a known bug or is there something we can be doing wrong? (We even have ppl standing ontop of the beacon.

#59 Bellante

Bellante

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

So just quickly, when we do HM Hagara we tend to run into what seems to be a bug with the South East beacon in the lightnening phase where it will jump to the people chaining to it and it wont then jump to the beacon itself. Is this a known bug or is there something we can be doing wrong? (We even have ppl standing ontop of the beacon.

We've experienced random flukes like this, not necessarily just on the SE beacon. The only thing that seems to sometimes help is to "wiggle"/quickstrafe side-to-side, but it's not a guaranteed thing.

Regarding spine burning tendons, the main thing is to not have FS up on any other targets as the tendon spawns. Use LL first, it can confuse the totem if you FS and then LL right after, spreading the dot. SS and FS might work fine as well, though, I've been doing it the other way around to be sure.

#60 Megabane

Megabane

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

We've had similar issues with Hagara Lightning beacons. What the runners have deduced from trial and error: the bug is that once a person is targeted as the first conduit to start the chain, it won't accept you as any other part in the chain. Example being (in a 10 man, 2 runners a side), our mage blinks past the warrior to run to the next position for himself. If he gets too close to the beacon and it zaps him, it won't zap the warrior in stead regardless of the mage leaving the area and the warrior stacking on top of the beacon in a rage.

Way to beat the bug - make wider arcs as you move around the conduits to avoid being targeted first if you aren't in the first position. if you were supposed to be second (or after) and it chooses you first, you have to change on the fly and make it work with how it's charging people.

This is all conjecture by our runners, so take it with a grain of salt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users