26 replies to this topic

#21 Tridav

Tridav

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

(Shadow Nova has a 30 yard range.)

I doubt that, when I am mindflaying on prince, I only have to step back out of MF range to avoid getting hit. I'd say it's closer to a 25 yard range.

#22 Nite_Moogle

Nite_Moogle

I prefer the term treasure hunting

• Allied Members
  • 11,288 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:16 PM

I doubt that, when I am mindflaying on prince, I only have to step back out of MF range to avoid getting hit. I'd say it's closer to a 25 yard range.

Thottbott is hard. http://www.thottbot.com/s30852
Again, the range on Shadow Nova is likely calculated from the center of the Prince's model to the player's bounding box whereas Mind Flay is bounding box to bounding box.

#23 Apate

Apate

Mike Tyson

• Members
  • 18,079 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:58 PM

I've seen t least 2 bug reports on the official forums regarding ToL aura being short. That doesn't say anything, really, but you aren't the only one.
See you, auntie.

#24 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

I noticed this myself just after hitting 70, but it hasn't surfaced in a long time personally.

#25 Noximus

Noximus

Piston Honda

• Allied Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

It may be that the auras are calculated center-to-center and the heals are bounding box to bounding box. Paladins have reported a lot of trouble where they have to run inside a mob to hit it with consecrate yet they're easily in melee range and Avenger's Shield was inside its dead zone; this may work the same way.

This is the same issue with thunderclap and demo shout. Depending on the boss's hitbox, if it's too big, you have to run almost completly under him for debuff to be applied.
Extih <Apocalypse> - Raid Leader - 70 Warlock (Retired)
Noximus <Apocalypse> - 70 Warrior (Retired)

#26 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

Hitboxes on bosses are also highly variable based on antikite rules. I've been able to thunderclap vashj across the room because of movement issues. I've also tanked anubrhekan 20 yards out - but nothing beats the AQ40 bug where my hitbox became 80 yards and I could tank bosses across the room. I'm sure you've all seen onyxia tanked 40 or so yards out. Same idea.

Anyway, I haven't noticed anything weird with tree of life aura myself.

#27 Korben

Korben

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

I have noticed this bug before, but I was reminded of it on Kael last night. I went to post a bug about it but they already have it listed in the 'Known issues for 2.1.1' thread:

http://forums.worldo...106771413&sid=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users