• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Abradix

Abradix

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:30 AM

I have to say it's pretty fun to hear them (especially Jeff) talk about WoW this open. I mean, I dont think alot of lead designers would ridicule their own playerbase like that ;). I personally would have loved some more discussion about the future of WoW instead of it's past, allthough the Conquest part made me grin too. A sneak preview of whatever they are planning now would be a good move though, Does anyone really know what blizzard is working on besides Zul Aman? With BT out we need a new carrot to look forward to.

#22 songster

songster

Chief Passenger

• Members
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

Is there a transcript up somewhere?

#23 Brissa

Brissa

Not enough rage

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Do you have more info about Luke Smiths guild, or perhaps his character? I know few guys from GameSpot play WoW actively, but on more casual level I think.

I dont no.
I have just heard him talk about it whenever he was on the 1up wow podcast (the legendary thread). It was kinda funny because you have a whole bunch of really casual players (many who had not hit 60) and then this superhardcore guy.

#24 Zophos

Zophos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:47 PM

I'm really amazed that the Wi flag has translated to WoW so seamlessly, particularly given its relatively small origins. Boy, those were the days.
Guild Master - Epignosis

#25 Patrik

Patrik

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

I dont no.
I have just heard him talk about it whenever he was on the 1up wow podcast (the legendary thread). It was kinda funny because you have a whole bunch of really casual players (many who had not hit 60) and then this superhardcore guy.

sounds like fun, must look for it, thanks for the tip :)

#26 Celenia

Celenia

Archibald

• Allied Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:23 PM

It must be pretty funny to design a boss fight and then get in the game and have people explain it to you like you're a 5-year-old.

#27 Antarius

Antarius

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:44 PM

It must be pretty funny to design a boss fight and then get in the game and have people explain it to you like you're a 5-year-old.

You're telling me you'd take a pug along to a raid and NOT explain the encounter in terms that a 5 year old could understand?

#28 Brissa

Brissa

Not enough rage

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:57 PM

The most awesome part must be having people explain things you know are wrong and call you an idiot for not "getting it".

#29 f1reburn

f1reburn

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

Do you have more info about Luke Smiths guild, or perhaps his character? I know few guys from GameSpot play WoW actively, but on more casual level I think.

If I recall correctly he used to work at 1up as a news editor, but has recently left 1up to work at Bungie. All I know is that he has a Scarab Lord Shaman, but recently moved over to play a Paladin. At one of the earlier Legendary Thread podcasts he reveals on which realm he is playing.

#30 Patrik

Patrik

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the info. I've just listened to one of the podcasts and he sure knows, what he's talking about. Pity I've discovered this podcast just when he's not on the 1up team anymore, could have been fun.

#31 Papper

Papper

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

"Tigole" doesn't seem as bad a person as your general tool on the wow-boards try to make him out to be, no surprise really.

It was fun to watch, I had hoped it was going to be longer though... Maybe we can see more of these in the future?

#32 Digo

Digo

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

I've had lunch with Tigole before. He's a genuinely nice guy and is extremely passionate about the game even off-camera. As much as the masses whine about it being world of raidcraft, I get the impression he really does want the game to have a ton of content for everybody.

Sidenote: he's extremely well-read. A lot of the old world quests are rife with Hemingway and Dostoevsky references.

#33 Crazytrucker

Crazytrucker

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

I dont no.

Ya its on the 1/16/07 podcast. I also love how he kind of leads the discussion even though you can tell he probably knows the answers. I do it a lot too also when I play with my non-hardcore friends. He said he has a 70 Shaman Scarab Lord on Arodar(?).

#34 Trouble

Trouble

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

You mean Eredar?

#35 Crazytrucker

Crazytrucker

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

You mean Eredar?

Yes :).

#36 Gogusrl

Gogusrl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

He was Aganathyre tauren shaman in Paradox (Eredar) and raided with us for over 1 year. Was gleader and raidleader for a while, then left wow when he moved with work to a PST timezone and couldn`t raid anymore.

#37 Patrik

Patrik

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

I see, thanks. Nice to see someone getting so involved, game media editors tend to be jacks of all trades, masters of none obviously.

#38 Andorien

Andorien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:58 AM

Sidenote: he's extremely well-read. A lot of the old world quests are rife with Hemingway and Dostoevsky references.

It's hard to miss Hemet Nesingwary's Green Hills of Stranglethorn and Nikova Raskol's Crime and Punishment ;)

#39 Emeraude

Emeraude

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:54 AM

That was a cool video to watch, it's nice to see those guys are down to earth, and have so much experience in the field of MMORPGs, and a passion for the genre.
What is the most important thing to you? Won't you grant me the pleasure of taking it away.

#40 Eylirria

Eylirria

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:25 AM

The most awesome part must be having people explain things you know are wrong and call you an idiot for not "getting it".

Better yet, be a lead developer and find yourself in a pug that uses a bunch of exploing/unintended strategies.

Hrm, wonder if they'd find themselves banned a few hours later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users