• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Drauk

Drauk

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1689 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:19 AM

Sidenote: he's extremely well-read. A lot of the old world quests are rife with Hemingway and Dostoevsky references.

He has master in literature, isn'it ? Or that was Furor ?

Women's breasts can be modeled as a cone and measured as V = (Db^2*h*.785)/3 and since breasts can be thought of as an amorphous fluid, you just have to worry about containing the volume of the breast.

#42 Conras

Conras

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

Oh man, can you imagine being him on that UBRS run having Drak explained to him? Right as the tank ran up to Drak I would have so turned it into Nef.

#43 Chicken

Chicken

 

•  Benefactors
  • 3639 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

Oh man, can you imagine being him on that UBRS run having Drak explained to him? Right as the tank ran up to Drak I would have so turned it into Nef.

I'd say turning Drak into Razorgore would be far more subtle and fun instead.

#44 Dynalisia

Dynalisia

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

Rob Pardo really radiates how comfortable he is with himself and his position right now. He comes accross as someone who thinks he's being (and quite likely is in fact being) very magnanimous about sitting down like that and having an interview. I don't doubt that he's a nice guy though, but he just has this air about him. Although I guess that's just something that easily happens when you're the lead designer of World of Warcraft and have worked at Blizzard for over a decade now.

#45 Zophos

Zophos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:57 PM

He has master in literature, isn'it ? Or that was Furor ?

I believe he (Tigole) has a M.A. in Creative Writing actually. Click here for a short biography.
Guild Master - Epignosis

#46 Northerner

Northerner

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

Jeff is one of those guys that's pretty passionate about most of the things he does. Intense is a word that pops to mind for me.

Don't believe the b-net hype, Tigole is good people (at least he was back in the days of The Nameless) and a heck of a writer.

#47 Dakous

Dakous

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

I would be fascinated to see something of this ilk - and that's focusing on the low impact nature of the content - as a series.

"WoW exec roundtable: THE SERIES."

Sessions and sessions on "the references revealed" (although, hopefully, none of the patently obvious / shallow ones, and certainly not to exclusion - "So I was in this UBRS..." ). Something like, "Well, so and so has this quest which is a reference to this novel, by so and so. I read it back when I was in college, and insert semi-interesting ancedote here." Not everything needs to be "Hay, latest raid infos here 11!." Where things come from and where they go is fascinating.

Flipping topics, the comment on "All they talked about was raiding," seemed a little off... did I imagine the last ~60 seconds where the gentleman on the right (and I'm caricaturizing here) was laughing at having been one of UO's equivelents to That Ganking Rogue? I suppose it's that story about two old ladies on a busy street, ignored until one drops a quarter which suddenly everyone can hear.

But let me take a stab at that random outrage, if I may - Guitar Hero? What?! Are the Blizz devs too cool for Dance Dance Revolution?
Everybody is your brother until the rent comes due.

#48 thorin5

thorin5

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:46 AM

But let me take a stab at that random outrage, if I may - Guitar Hero? What?! Are the Blizz devs too cool for Dance Dance Revolution?

They stopped playing DDR after they designed Heigan.

#49 Shaker

Shaker

AUGH CHAMPION TIME

• Members
  • 6860 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:18 PM

I'm really amazed that the Wi flag has translated to WoW so seamlessly, particularly given its relatively small origins. Boy, those were the days.

Heh, I played on Frostfell and saw Wi regularly ... and it was really quite funny. I remember being REALLY deep (solo) in this undead dungeon, a long ways away from where anyone else normally went.... I was rebuffing (remember taking 5 mins to buff for 15 mins of play?), saw him run by, then not 10 seconds later saw his death message. Had nothing to do with the wi flag (nobody else was around, anyone would have died), but still, it fed the Wi mystique. :)

As far as Tigole - he was by far the best speaker at Blizzcon. He KNEW what was going on, he was honest and forthcoming about WHY things happened, and you really got the feeling that he truly does the best he can for this game - a feeling I've never really gotten from any other developers on any other games. He was a GREAT public speaker, and always eemed well prepared. Not to dog Metzen, because I think he's got some great creative juices back there, but Metzen looked like he'd kinda just woken up that morning and gone "Shit, Blizzcon is today ... I think they want me to speak!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users