Photo

Warning for Doroteasenjk: 4. Whining in any form is forbidden.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Heef

Heef

Piston Honda

• Moderators
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

User: Doroteasenjk
Infraction: 4. Whining in any form is forbidden.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

If finding your mouse cursor is a serious issue for you, you might consider getting an add-on that changes the cursor. But complaining about a trivial gameplay mechanic that's old as dirt isn't interesting.

Original Post:

Surely when you cast Flamestrike, Ring of Frost, etc, you already have your mouse in the location you wish to cast it before you even hit your keybind.

And ... finding the darned mouse pointer in a clutter of spell effects, Power Auras, MSBT text and doing so while moving is my biggest difficulty with both Fire and Frost specs. It isn't so much the time required as the detailed attention to a screen that is already drowning in data. Spamming targeted effects also requires a macro so that you don't instantly turn the effect off. Then spamming one key to trigger the effect followed by clicking the mouse button is very much a "clunky mechanic."

All those issues I mentioned are very likely not issues for excellent mages, but they are for the rest of us. I believe that Kyrilon was trying to state that it was a clunky mechanic and I agree with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users