• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Aldriana

Aldriana

Mike Tyson

• Moderators
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

This is the thread for simple questions that don't fit anywhere else. If your question applies to one of the existing thread topics, please post it there instead; if you expect to generate significant additional discussion, create a new thread. If, however, you have a simple question that only requires a simple answer and don't see a better place to post it, this is your thread.

Note, however, that you should still verify that the answer isn't already easily available before posting. Asking people to make specific gear or spec decisions for you is still against the rules. In fact, all forum rules still apply, so please post accordingly.

#2 asatoor

asatoor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

For windwalker:
-How far will you need to place the tiger statue to get the increased dmg from the "procs"? And will it be in range then for the use effect?
-Would the dmg of it scale with your stats? I guess yes but you never know.

#3 Stu

Stu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

To answer your questions.

The range is roughly 20 yards minimum. The tigers currently move very slow and it's not difficult to place the statue in a good spot.

As for damage, the tooltip does indeed indicate the damage will scale. By how much and with which stats, is impossible to determine as yet. The tigers are currently bugged and deal no damage at all.

#4 KaiFaydale

KaiFaydale

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Do monks (any or all specs) have a 1 sec GCD or 1.5, and can haste reduce it below 1 sec?

#5 Stu

Stu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Windwalker Monks do have a 1 second GCD, and it cannot be reduced below that. Mistweaver's have 1.5 second GCD and it can be reduced to 1 sec by way of haste.

#6 Draugdae

Draugdae

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

The tigers are currently bugged and deal no damage at all.

Last night (3/29), I was able to deal damage to a mob that was fleeing using a tiger. This was on a level 72 monk in Borean Tundra against a Murloc. I assume this indicates the bug is fixed, unless this was some unique circumstance.

#7 Stu

Stu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Correct. As of the latest patch, the tigers do in fact deal damage appropriately. The proc still seems a bit off.

#8 KaiFaydale

KaiFaydale

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Does Int and spell power help a mistweaver do more damage with their melee attacks (such as jab and tiger palm), or is it a good idea to keep an agi set for leveling?

#9 Guest_Acix_*

Guest_Acix_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

I couldn't find this information written anywhere so I tested it.

Roll gains one charge every 20s for a maximum of 2 charges.

Edit: Changed my wording.

#10 nightlily

nightlily

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Does Int and spell power help a mistweaver do more damage with their melee attacks (such as jab and tiger palm), or is it a good idea to keep an agi set for leveling?

I just double checked this to be sure and neither intellect nor spell power affects jab, melee, other base melee attacks.. only agility and weapon damage affect these.

#11 Quorn/iya

Quorn/iya

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Mistweaver question (just got my beta invite and haven't been able to test this yet):

Is there ever a time when you'd want to cast Surging Mists without channeling Soothing Mists?

I guess it would be hard to justify adding a cast time to a heal that's instant when used with Soothing Mists, but the smart heal aspect might be fun to experiment with for raid healing.

#12 Stu

Stu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

There is, sort of. When you have the instant Surging Mists stacked up from using your tiger's fist, there's really no reason not to. Would allow you to heal the lowest person without dropping your current target. So it's kind of a judgement call, how much healing is really necessary, and how quickly do you want to go back to generating chi/Tea charges.

#13 KaiFaydale

KaiFaydale

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Do monks (any or all specs) have a 1 sec GCD or 1.5, and can haste reduce it below 1 sec?

A recent blue post says that they are changing Mistweavers to a 1 sec GCD same as the other specs (not sure how this will effect haste yet). Monk Mistweaver Feedback - Forums - World of Warcraft

#14 Daizey

Daizey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Xuen damage appears to be affected by AP (landslide) and Tigereye Brew, but not by RSK/Tiger Power or crit or haste. Is this correct? Has anyone tested any other modifiers that affect the damage?

#15 Gondlem

Gondlem

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Xuen damage appears to be affected by AP (landslide) and Tigereye Brew, but not by RSK/Tiger Power or crit or haste. Is this correct? Has anyone tested any other modifiers that affect the damage?

I'm pretty sure that Xuen is not affected by TEB. I've tried quite a number of tests using TEB before and during Xuen's lifespan and his damage stays the same. From my tests, Xuen scales dynamically with AP, doesn't benefit from self-buffs to damage or armor pen and doesn't benefit from external buffs. Not too sure about crit and haste but I don't think it gets those either.

So in terms of optimal play, the only real consideration is lining up AP buffs like pot, trinkets etc with Xuen.

#16 Stu

Stu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Also keep in mind that sometime in the Beta Class Analysis thread, GC stated that Guardian type summons will dynamically update stats during their lifecycle, similar to how most other pets work. No more "snapshot" style summons.

#17 Brotherbear

Brotherbear

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

So now that RaF has been officially allowed, I've been looking over my "instant 80" gear set I'm getting ready for my monk and I'm torn about weapons.

I've got two as well as a

Of course I have the non-heroic Berto's (iLevel 308) but the link defaults to the non-existent heroic version.

Is the higher iLevel of the staff going to make it the superior choice for leveling? From what I've been able to determine, dual wield versus two hander dps basically comes down to the iLevel, but I wanted to ask for y'all's opinion.

Thanks!

#18 lairpie

lairpie

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

My plan:
80 x2. Should be plenty of them sitting around mostly forgotten.
81 or x2
83 x2
84 CoC reward
85 x2

Though I'm actually not sure: if you're at say level 11.9 when you leave pandaria, do you jump to 80.9, or just 80?

#19 Mihir

Mihir

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

As far as I know you'll end at 80.9. Personally I'm going for the non-pandaren solution with 399/400 lvl1 xp, which should end up at about 4k xp short of lvl81 (less if i time the exploration xp of stormwind correctly).

#20 Mihir

Mihir

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Also keep in mind that sometime in the Beta Class Analysis thread, GC stated that Guardian type summons will dynamically update stats during their lifecycle, similar to how most other pets work. No more "snapshot" style summons.

I verified this a few days ago, and it's working like this currently, tho there's a small 2-3 sec delay between popping a trinket/potion and the corresponding melee damage increase on Xuen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users