• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 lairpie

lairpie

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

The Elegon trash is actually quite easy if you use what they give you. Instead of reflexively moving out of the knockback cone attack, just let it knock you back. A few more steps and their buff will have worn off by time they get to you. It's a bit of a pain for your melee to chase them, but ranged can stand completely still and always hit them, and melee can just take the knockback with you and keep hitting them.

None of the trash is really difficult, but it is distinctly harder to ignore the mechanics and mindlessly aoe the trash like you've often been able to do. Most of the mechanics are also directly related to the upcoming bosses, so dealing with them should be second nature anyway. The only packs I've found to be much trouble at all are the HoF packs with Extremists, and even then they're mostly only hard in LFR because it's harder to get people not to break the CC.

Not tanking every single mob on trash however is something of a challenge I've found. I generally tend to try to specifically not hit all the the mobs as we're pulling by use Dizzying haze to separate 1/2 the mobs slightly to one side for me to smash, and avoid hitting the mobs our warrior is tanking. With the vengeance from the adds I'm tanking, I have to wait a good 10 seconds or so before I can move closer and aoe everything or I risk tearing his mobs off him and hoping I already have some EB stacks.

#42 Ruga

Ruga

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

I have a relatively simple question regarding Spirit Kings Heroic:

as WW Monk during the Maddening Shout - If I use Touch of Karma(on the Boss), does that prevent me from getting freed?

#43 saboya

saboya

Faceroller

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

I have a relatively simple question regarding Spirit Kings Heroic:

as WW Monk during the Maddening Shout - If I use Touch of Karma(on the Boss), does that prevent me from getting freed?

Yes, don't do it. Use Karma for Cowardice and then clear it with Diffuse Magic.

#44 Draahl

Draahl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Windwalker Question.
Since patch 5.1 ive been struggling abit with whats really the best way to go. Ive tried haste only, crit only and balanced reforge between the two. Also when i check simulationcraft.org the sims there both reforged crit 100%(atleast it seems so).

Anyone who can shed any light on this yet?

#45 Mattyr

Mattyr

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Pre-Elegon trash is a special case, all tanks will have some problems there. The safest way to deal with them is to ping-pong them between tanks while they have the damage increasing buff up.

As for your second question - there's no easy way around this. But so far in my experience, the only boss where this caused major positioning problems was Gara'jal, where avoiding hits is much more preferable than healing up yourself.

Or better yet eat their cute blue aoe, and allow the debuff to fall off before it reaches you.

#46 crazy dodo

crazy dodo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Question for the Windwalker experts out there

Is there a situation where it is better to use Spinning Fire Blossom than Blackout Kick in melee range (considering you can do 2 SFB for the cost of 1 BK)?

Granted Chi is not an issue normally so if you're already GCD capped it would be a waste, but if you hit a dry spot or perhaps if intentionally running with low Haste, is there a point where SFB might take over BK? (while still maintaining or improving overall dps of course)

We have you surrounded, at least from this side.

#47 Callimar

Callimar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hi,

First off want to say thank you for all the hard work you guys put in. I've only been monk healing for a couple of days so in general I'm pretty bad at it, but I have a few questions.

Stat priority: I've used the calculator and am learning my way around it. As secondary stats go it seems none are all that great. Haste is good for somethings and useless for the others, Mastery is... ok, depending on how well your raid steps in globes, and crit is.. good for most things? Last thought for spirit, does it make sense to get spirit to the point where you can essentially SM for free? Or as close to possible 2800mps that seams feasible. Also IF mana is comfortable would it then make sense to gem int in all red slots? Int sits more than 2x as good in all areas for me if I'm reading the calculator correctly.

L30 Talents: I've not seen anything definitive. I've heard that Chi burst can be good pending if you can line it up and Zen Sphere from what I've read here has been nerfed pretty well. Till 5.2 for ease of learning would it be best to stick to chi wave?

General game play: I have single target healing down so I'm not concerned there. Where I being to get bogged down in decision making is Chi generation and when/how to spend it. I think the easiest way to do this is to just tell you what I do. Currently I'm staying out of melee, with the exception of auto attacking while regening. While "classic" healing I use SM to build chi + EH + RM on CD. If single tgt tanking Ill EM if not uplift as long as I'm at 5+ targets. I only use SM if I absolutely have to. Admittedly I'm bad about remember to use my mana tea on CD (glyphed) but even still I chew through mana during raids like Richard Simmons at an open buffet. Below is an armory link. Again I've only been 90 for a couple of days but I'd rather provide as much info up front as possible.

Thanks again in advance. I really want to put in the work to become a great monk healer I'll just need a little help. Also would it be possible to update the OP? Would make it easier for new guys like myself.
Sengbing @ Zul'jin - Community - World of Warcraft

#48 Kekze

Kekze

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Im a bit unsure about my weapons. What would you prefer?

Heroic Gara'kal + Claws of Shekzeer Normal, with 500 Agi Gem and both double upgraded OR

Screaming Tiger Heroic (502 Polearm), double upgraded.

Simcraft says ~3k dps more for the one handeds

#49 MomysLidlMonsta

MomysLidlMonsta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Question for the Windwalker experts out there

Is there a situation where it is better to use Spinning Fire Blossom than Blackout Kick in melee range (considering you can do 2 SFB for the cost of 1 BK)?

Granted Chi is not an issue normally so if you're already GCD capped it would be a waste, but if you hit a dry spot or perhaps if intentionally running with low Haste, is there a point where SFB might take over BK? (while still maintaining or improving overall dps of course)

If you are more than 10y away from your target (which is perfectly possible while still being able to hit the target with melee attacks on many bosses) SFB scales much better with agility (and ap) than BoK, but does not scale with weapon damage at all.
So if your weapon is significantly worse than the rest of your gear, SFB does more damage per chi than BoK. But I don't think you can replace many BoKs with SFBs without capping energy.

#50 GoneHuntin

GoneHuntin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

510 Gara'Kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder + 489 Gara'Kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder

VS

517 Gao'Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector

Is this worthwhile to upgrade? I just bonus rolled it from H:Tsulong while chasing after the belt, please note I will gain 660 agi + the difference in weapon, I know DW > 2H for WW, but is this a sufficiently large enough upgrade to A) justify using 1500 valor on it and B) using legendary gem and prismatic.

Note: I got tons of money, idgaf about the cost of replacing the socket or gem

#51 Crevan

Crevan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Seven item level difference on main hand should be enough to at least break even, and that's not counting the extra gems. But as always, if in doubt, use simcraft.

#52 Littch

Littch

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

What is the best way to use Synapse Springs as a Windwalker? macro it to RSK or just make its own button?
Ecology - T14HC 16/16 - T15HC 11/13 - 10 man
Recruiting: Ele/Resto Shaman, Fury Warrior, Shadow Priest
http://ecology.enjin.com/
Our Brewmasters stream - Twitch.tv/pawcik

#53 lairpie

lairpie

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Well, using it on its own button is obviously best if you're a robot, but more likely macroed to Tigereye Brew would offer a strong combination of never using it right as some phase change or something is happening, using it regularly, and otherwise using it with any other damage modifiers.

#54 Nayre

Nayre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows of some way to track which mobs you have a clone from Storm, Earth, and Fire on. I'm finding it to be a pain to figure out which mob my clones are attacking if they're in a small clump. I haven't noticed a debuff on the mobs (please tell me if I'm wrong), and it seems as though there are only 2 ways to tell: Try and figure out specifically which mob the clone is facing, or go through your rotation and just watch to see if they're animating special attacks. Both are kind of clunky and slow.

#55 lairpie

lairpie

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Can't check now, but they should be doing the blackout kick dot. As far as I know that would be the best thing to look at, and that's a pretty weak answer. A debuff on the target indicating that they are SEFed would be really nice unless there's some other good way to tell other than visually.

#56 Nayre

Nayre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

That's what I was afraid of, yeah. Seems like all options are clunky at best.

#57 Ston

Ston

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

I've noticed that as long as the mobs are close together, RSK debuff will be on your target up to 3 times, 1 for you, and 1 for each clone. If you're on the same target as a clone, there'll be one less RSK debuff, since the clone on your target will be only auto-attacking.

This way (as long as the mobs are close enough to get RSK) you can tell in a way that's a little less clunky. they are tracked as your debuffs, so depending on the addons you're using, they show up larger or with your own timerbars.

#58 Nayre

Nayre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

I hadn't thought of that when I posted the initial question, but that's what I've ended up doing myself. And it's terrible because it means you have to potentially lose DPS to see if you're hitting the same target (if you are, then you lose the RSK clone damage + any other specials you used to fill in time if it was on CD).

Aka, it's clunky and terrible, and there really should be a better way to do it. But there isn't.

The other option would be to cancel your clones (I personally have a /cancelaura macro for them) and resummon them. That, too, can end up as a DPS loss though, 'cause you lose 1-2 GCDs resetting them. Oh well. Seems like it'll just have to be a case-by-case basis between watching for debuffs and just resetting.

#59 Ruga

Ruga

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

I picked up Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher - Item - World of Warcraft as Thunderforged weapon (ilvl 541).

As far as I know, Weaponspeed isn't as much of a factor for us WWs - But just to ease my mind, I'd like to ask anyway: All well with having Zeeg's in MH, heroic Shek'zeer Claw (2x upgraded) in OH or should I swap them around? the 2.4 speed one is stronger in every aspect.

Edit: Mihir confirmed it's better in MH.

#60 Rhaegal

Rhaegal

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm having some difficulty figuring out exactly how to optimally incorporate Fists of Fury into the rotation. My understanding was that it should only be used when the following are true:

1. You and the target will be stationary for the duration of the cast.
2. Using it will not delay the next RSK.
3. You will not energy cap during the cast. (This also means that Energizing Brew must be on cooldown and no longer active.)
4. Tiger Power will not expire during the cast.
5. Chi Wave is on cooldown. (new requirement as of 5.2)

With ~6650 haste and either Ascension or Power Strikes, I find myself GCD capped the vast majority of the time without using FoF, and can only really fit in maybe one cast between each EB use. Upon re-reading through the WW thread here, I've noticed references to using FoF when "<85 energy". Does that mean it's actually okay to energy cap for two full seconds, which is what would happen if you use FoF at 80 energy?
Stand back! I'm going to try SCIENCE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users