• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Terraburn

Terraburn

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

With Throne of Thunder, are trolls now the best race for dps? are weapons races (like orc) better based on the drops?

#62 zuyx

zuyx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

For Windwalker do you want slower weapons?

#63 Crevan

Crevan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

For Windwalker do you want slower weapons?

Weapon speed doesn't matter. Weapon dps is what's important.

#64 khel

khel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

What ilvl weapon would it take to replace a 517 ilvl Claws of Shek'zeer with a 500agi gem in it, as an offhand weapon? I'm expecting that 522ilvl won't be an upgrade, but am unsure if 528 is or not.

#65 Littch

Littch

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Delete please, post above is same ><
Ecology - T14HC 16/16 - T15HC 11/13 - 10 man
Recruiting: Ele/Resto Shaman, Fury Warrior, Shadow Priest
http://ecology.enjin.com/
Our Brewmasters stream - Twitch.tv/pawcik

#66 Xenonz

Xenonz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Looking at parses and SimC, WW monks are performing above par in comparison to other DPS specs, however at first glance there seems to be quite a shortage of WW monks in the top guilds, is there any specific reason for this? We have great mobility and actually bring some nice spells to the table in regards of soaking and taking chunks of damage. Hence my question, where is the love?

#67 Crevan

Crevan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

The most obvious answer is probably that there is not enough spots for more than 1 WW in the raid. Every other melee class (except for maybe death knights) brings something to the raid that we don't, while also performing at least as good as us. If you're doing difficult content, having 2 warriors and a monk is better than 1 warrior and 2 monks, simply because you get more raid cooldowns. There's also probably less skilled windwalkers than any other given class/spec, simply because we're relatively new here.

#68 khel

khel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Does anyone know approximately how much our T15 set bonuses are worth? At any T15 Normal or higher gear level, this information would be valuable when deciding if we should break set bonuses for higher ilvl gear or not.

#69 Crevan

Crevan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Due to the nature of our bonuses, they are as useful as you make them. With my gear and play style and if I pick every single one of them when I need energy, two-set gives approximately 3.5 spheres per minute for 35 energy (0.875 jabs, 0.98 BoKs, 0.105 TPs, 0.69 TEB stacks [0.76 with four-set]). This adds up to 23412.375 + 149423.736 + 5571.3 = 178407.411 damage per minute or 2973.5 dps disregarding the extra TEB stacks. This is about 1.85% of my theoretical Patchwerk dps.

Four-set gives an extra TEB stack every 32 seconds on average, so I assume it'd be 2 extra stacks per minute including the two-set gains. How useful this is will depend on your mastery levels and your TEB usage. I don't really have the time nor the desire to calculate it in more detail right now.

Your results may be different than mine, and as always - if in doubt, sim it.

#70 Henkerxp

Henkerxp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hi,

this is my first post on EJ after years of just reading it. I am playing a mainly Fistweaving Monk...this means at the current tier, i am in melee range of the boss in about 11/12 bosses focusing more on BoK/TP than Uplift for spending Chi (unless high raid damage). I can achieve singletarget dps of about 40k-60k while maintaining a high HPS. With this in mind i have one concern i would like to discuss here.

Personally, i kinda think that the healing legendary metagem does not really suit my playstyle at all in terms of fistweaving since i barely have any manaproblems if managed properly. I could see use of the proc to spam 3 quick jabs for getting chi or if low on mana jab tp jab. What i am thinking more about is, how viable would be the other legendary meta gems? The haste proc of the castermeta seems viable too, but it only procs on spelldamage which would mean it only procs of chiwave. More interesting would be the physicaldmgmeta which procs of styles like jab/BoK/Tp (correct me if i am wrong). So...two questions:

1: is the healermeta really good for fistweaving (with about no manaproblem) ?
2: Are other legendary metagems (more) viable for fistweaving ?

#71 Spleener

Spleener

King Hippo

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm 90% certain the proc from the melee meta doesn't eminence, and even if you could get the full RPPM proc rate out of the caster meta without casting CJL haste is pretty awful for fisting.

As long as you cast something that isn't Jab, TP, BoK, or CJL at least once every 10s (and you should be, since you want to be ReMing on cooldown) you'll get the full proc rate of the healer meta. If you have more mana than you know what to do with before the healer meta, you get the healer meta and do what you should always do when you have more mana than you know what to do with- reforge/regem away spirit until you're no longer overflowing on mana.
Big Crits, the show about wiping, killing bosses, and teabagging.

#72 PapaBoss

PapaBoss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

Spit balling mode engaged:
I have been sloshing around an idea in my mind for fistweaving. If we plan on using a fistweaving intensive healing rotation, could it be beneficial to use an agility weapon, this for example, due to almost double the damage of a comparable weapon with intellect/spirit. Ideally, there would be no hit/expertise and no mastery as those are poor stats. But I believe mastery may be an exception because no current ilvl weapons don't have hit/expertise and no mastery.

Again, just spit balling (literally no math behind this) and would like some input or why this would/would not work.

#73 Spleener

Spleener

King Hippo

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

I haven't bothered examining the details of how it works now, but there was a hotfix shortly after 5.2 launched to make it so that agi weapons didn't give mistweavers a significant damage increase over caster weapons.
Big Crits, the show about wiping, killing bosses, and teabagging.

#74 PapaBoss

PapaBoss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Does anyone have any sort of idea if the Glyph of Enduring Healing Spheres affects our mastery? I can see the following pros and cons...

Pros:
-More time to move through one and get the full effect of the sphere, possibly augmenting our mastery stat a little bit in a positive way.

Cons:
-Longer before the 50% heal goes off, possibly augmenting out mastery stat a little bit in a negative way.
-Taking up a glyph spot better spent else where.

Quick note: This only applies if our mastery spheres are affected by the glyph.

#75 lairpie

lairpie

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Does anyone have any sort of idea if the Glyph of Enduring Healing Spheres affects our mastery? I can see the following pros and cons...

Pros:
-More time to move through one and get the full effect of the sphere, possibly augmenting our mastery stat a little bit in a positive way.

Cons:
-Longer before the 50% heal goes off, possibly augmenting out mastery stat a little bit in a negative way.
-Taking up a glyph spot better spent else where.

Quick note: This only applies if our mastery spheres are affected by the glyph.

Yes they are. Whether that is a good thing or not would be depending on the fight. If people are all stationary, but usually not topped off, those expiring spheres would do a lot of good. If people are moving around anyway, they're bound to run over the spheres by accident so them staying up longer is probably good.

#76 darkhelios

darkhelios

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Hi there,

this will be my first post here in this Forum so please be patient :P.

Ive got some questions and thoughts regarding brewmaster:
What happens to the staggering damage pool if it the damage exceeds the pool? (Example for make me clear: Under FB you have 75% Damage going to Stagger. You will take 2 Hits each 100% of your Life. This will result in 50% Health and 150% Damage in the "Staggerpool". What will happen.
Next, can we die from Staggering Damage? My experience is, that we dont die to it ... several times my life hit exactly one hp.

To the Discussion Ascension vs Powerstrikes etc. i want to add, thats its very comfortable to save 3 Chi for Guard and PB, so you only use chi 4 and 5 for Blackout Kicks etc. And in emergencys hit Guard with PB.
Edit:I have to hurry, could be that i will come later and drop some additional thougts.
How do you like the vampiric trinket? (the one with 2,5% life gain from deamage dealt)
What are your thoughts about the other trinkets?
What are yout thoughts about uptime from elusive brew regarding to crit cap and rng?

cu Aluni Siira

#77 Eyedore

Eyedore

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

I only play brewmaster sometimes as offspec, so I don't know alot about it, but I can give you my thoughts about two of your questions.

What happens to the staggering damage pool if it the damage exceeds the pool? (Example for make me clear: Under FB you have 75% Damage going to Stagger. You will take 2 Hits each 100% of your Life. This will result in 50% Health and 150% Damage in the "Staggerpool". What will happen.

You shouldn't think about your stagger pool in percentages. In your example, lets say your total hp is 500k. On the first 500k hit, 75% of that is going to your stagger pool: 375k. Then the 2nd 500k hit, again 375k will go to your stagger pool. If you haven't received a tick from your stagger yet, then the new pool will be 375 + 375 = 750k. Meaning over the next 10 seconds you will receive 75k damage per second from stagger.

Next, can we die from Staggering Damage? My experience is, that we dont die to it ... several times my life hit exactly one hp.

I have never checked this but I would think you can. I think it would be weird if you didn't die from it.

I don't know anything about your other questions, sorry.

#78 darkhelios

darkhelios

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thank you for your answer Eyedore, but i wanted to be 100% sure, so i try to find proof.
So i started to dig this log Log query - 07-08 23:17 - Lifeo's logs - World of Logs . I took the fight vs Ra-den
The main tank got stagger ticks over 100k. So this implies that the stagger pool seems unlimited. Given the standarf wow interface this is confusing, only showing stagger pool large as your life pool. (At some point the stagger pool hits the 1,5 mio damage mark ... this is impressive )

Edit:
Few moments ago i tested whether one can die due to staggering damage. And it turns out, that you wont die.
Staggering damage leaves you at 1 health. In combat logs it looks like the following: Stagger does 0 Damage (x Overkill).
I tested it the following way: I grabed me a 90 crane in vale of eternal blossoms, let it hit me till i run out of life and before the next hit would kill me a mate taunts the bird, letting the only damage input source my staggering damage.
If you wish proof, i could record a video of doing it.
(Besides, if you reach 1 hp, it would be highly likely that you die anyway ^^)

#79 Crevan

Crevan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

You'll get 100k+ stagger ticks all the time in 25hc raiding. I never used the default Blizz tracker, but the stagger amount is not limited by your max hp.

#80 Dravvde

Dravvde

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hey, wondering if someone can give me some help.

First off I have played a monk since they were released and took a small break from ToT until 5.4. My guild is currently sitting at 8/14HC and my gear is decent enough just need a few more items.

http://eu.battle.net....Pandacs/simple

I now have leg pieces to change timeless and have WF protectors to replace tier gloves.

The set up im using is 22%haste 55%crit and 55% mastery roughly.
Gems have mainly been agi/haste/crit

However I dont feel I am getting the max dps as I should be. I have run sims on diff possible set ups. Lower haste, higher haste, higher crit, higher mastery, changing gems for 160agi but it all seems to come at a dps loss.

Is there something I have possibly overlooked or any advice someone can give in relation to a possible reforge-regem or so that might result in a better dps inc?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users