• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#421 Taser

Taser

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

That's good. Couldn't check in the spreadsheet myself as I am not at home and posting from mobile.

#422 jehosephat

jehosephat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

I was wondering if I could get some advice on Heroic Will of the Emp.

I am not dying, but the healers are complaining that I am spiky in terms of damage.

From my position, I can see how that could be when I can take zero damage through one non-dance portion and the next be hit three times in a row.

It's the latter one I need advice on. Currently I am using guard on CD (I know I know) because I am assuming that if I use it at the 3rd or so attack it will be back up when my elusive brew (20-25 sec) runs out after he finishes dancing and that any attacks which *do* get through during EB will be absorbed by that first guard.

Problem is, I am still getting hit pretty hard with guard up but no EB about every third dance. After the third dance my Fort Brew and Dampen Harm are both still on CD and the shield usually gets wiped in max 3 hits.

Anything else I could be doing to reduce this... spikiness of the damage? Not use guard like I am? Use EB after the first hit to lengthen the spread? Reforge?

Thanks for the help.

P.S. If it helps, here is the link for the attempts last night. I had one particularly bad attempt (my fault) where I died relatively soon after the boss got in position.

#423 Neara

Neara

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Can't see much wrong going through your log. You take overall far less dmg than your DK-tank and this fight simply is pretty spikey, but like you said you aren't dying. Pretty much all the wipes i looked through where caused by DPS-fail.

The most important part i found in this fight is to communicate with your healers. Tell them when Combo is about to end to wake up every tankhealer that wandered away during the dmg-pause, but also to tell when you don't have any Defensive Cooldown ready. which should be used as often as possible between combos. If you don't have enough Cooldowns for every time, alternate Cooldown use between you and your other Tank, so that most healers can always focus on one tank and the other is save behind his and the healers Cooldowns.

Otherwise i found this fight pretty easy to tank as Brewmaster. You can build up shuffle and Elusive Brew during Combo and Purify every of the very few hits that go through inbetween.
If you still feel too squishy you could consider a bit more stamina. Not much. For Empress and terrace heroic i changed my shoulder and ring enchants to get to 600k buffed health, which just feels more comfortable. But your HP seems fine to me for Will, i think i had less at our firstkill.

#424 lairpie

lairpie

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

We're also finally working on Will as we've basically ignored it being that it might as well not drop loot, but wanted to do it before 5.2.

Make sure not to use Guard during the dance. It's a waste because your vengeance drops off during the dance as that doesn't count as you avoiding attacks like dodge/parrying them does. Using Guard, Expel Harm, Chi wave each time you actually get hit, then Dampen or Fort brew if Guard wears off before the dance seems to work pretty well.

I also made sure to build as many stacks of EB as i could and a bit of shuffle cushion before the bosses landed.

I also felt kind of spiky compared to most fights, but it's really just because you take 0 damage at all for so much of the fight that healers forget you're tanking a boss.

#425 jehosephat

jehosephat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Just wanted to post an update.

Killed the boss. Saving guard made it way easier. Constant PB's when not in dance helped as well. Thanks for the help gents.

#426 jehosephat

jehosephat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Couple things learned last night and watching our raids stream later. (Mental note: Don't talk so much in mic when having fun. I sound like an idiot.)

Jin'rokh: Tank n' spank. No real issues what-so-ever. He doesn't hit that hard if you're tank swapping. We tank swapped after every static wound.

Horridon: After pulling my hair out trying to wrangle all the adds in 25m when half the ranged dps are dotting classes, I finally told the raid the two tanks wouldn't be bothering with small adds, only the scaled up trolls, when not on Horridon. It worked well. Ring of Peace doesn't stop casting, but does disarm all the adds for the duration. I made a macro for myself and my OT and just kept casting it whenever it was up on whoever was on adds. Jalak can be disarmed. -_- For some reason, the kill log isn't updating so I can't check, but it seemed like you can dodge the Triple Puncture. It looks like it still puts a stack on you, but near the end I was able to tank the boss long enough during his soft enrage for the 2min debuff to fall off the OT and him take it the rest of the way by basically using elusive brew as a 3-6 second cd.

#427 Tsaeb

Tsaeb

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Can't dodge Triple Puncture, unless I'm horribly unlucky. Averaged 55% avoidance on the white damage, 0 avoided punctures. It's just not that threatening to a monk.

Being able to disarm Jalak is an interesting note though, I'll have to play with that.

#428 lairpie

lairpie

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Xuen can tank Jalak too.

#429 jehosephat

jehosephat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Night two and two more bosses down:

Council of Elders: On normal a DK tank can soak the 15 second stun and still tank two bosses. -_- Found grabbing all the sandstorm adds onto the sandcrawler boss and just aoeing them down in place, then popping Nimble Brew/Tigers Lust to get out a viable tactic on normal. The fight is very tanky/spanky with not many tactics as long as everyone kills the Loa asap. OOO, right. You can't break out of the 15 second stun with Nimble Brew.

Tortos: The bats come from above, but their hitboxes are active on the ground as soon as they spawn. Yes, that means you can toss a keg on the ground 20 ft below them and it will hit them. If you are paired with a beefier tank, put them on the adds, even if you're better at grabbing them. Tortos' Snapping bite can be dodged and parried, and you can literally have Elusive brew up for each attack, so you will take waaay less damage on that fight than other tanks, couple this with Dampen Harm and fort brew to cover you when you can't. If the bats are brought next to you, you can utilize any vengeance to keg smash them and contribute highly to dps. The bats can be stunned by leg sweep.

#430 Venyasure

Venyasure

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hi guys !

I just thought i hadn't updated the spreadsheet for the 5.2 patch release. Here it is :

http://www.filedropp...readsheet52copy

Changes :

- T30 talents now have the 5.2 AP scaling

New features :

- Options for legendary metagems (tank and dps) on the second sheet
- Zen Sphere now has 5 cells : cooldown, frequency (those two determine how often you use ZS like the other talents), healing efficiency (parameter determining effective healing and overhealing, by default 0.6 ie 40% overhealing on ticks), damage efficiency (number of damaging and healing ticks before the sphere explodes), and a last cell which is the number of targets healed by the explosion. The number of targets damaged by the explosion is the "targets" cell in the AOE section.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)