Photo

Windwalker (DPS): a flurry of tender fisting.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
571 replies to this topic

#41 Hidden

Hidden

King Hippo

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

If the DoT now stacks as suggested then it was added with the last patch, since my testing when the DoT was first introduced definitely didn't show such behavior. Back then the DoT damage was also independant on the initial damage, and thus there was no double dipping.

The now visible damage calculations for skills also roughly match my initial calculations if you go by relative values to each other - so if the DoT now really works properly, my initial conclusion still stands and there'll be absolutely no reason to use RSK for anything but its debuff and maybe burst phases.

#42 Vuez

Vuez

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

Yes totally correct. Have tested this again and its definitely independant of the initial Blackout Kick.

#43 Illu

Illu

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

On the 2nd talent tier.

I was thinking earlier, won't Power Strikes almost always be the better choice over Jinyu cider for PvE, even for burst scenarios? The fact that the surplus chi becomes Chi spheres -not appearing on top of you- means you can store up up to +3 chi for whenever you need to burst, making it like a slightly less easy to use Jinyu cider but with the slight perk of gaining more Chi over time. It's also not very tricky to game the jab use to get that sphere if you want to every 15 sec, with 1 sec gcds.

I've observed the sphere behaviour and they always appear near the target/you so far, not exactly making it a hassle to touch them.

Thinking about it, it'll probably be on a fight by fight basis. After all, you'll probably not end up with a Chi sphere on the first jab, unless you always get 2 Chi before a boss pull.

#44 Disargeria

Disargeria

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

It's hilariously imbalanced because it completely negates Ascendance by forming Chi spheres, so something in that tier is going to change.
Monk stuff: www.disargeria.net

#45 Draugdae

Draugdae

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Logged a run of Stormstout Brewery today. Looking at Blackout Kick we can clearly see that it is not stacking linearly at least.

[13:42:48.368] Daecaran Blackout Kick Hoptallus *31950*
[13:42:48.368] Hoptallus afflicted by Blackout Kick from Daecaran
[13:42:50.368] Daecaran Blackout Kick Hoptallus 3195
[13:42:51.318] Daecaran casts Blackout Kick on Hoptallus
[13:42:51.578] Daecaran Blackout Kick Hoptallus 17787
[13:42:51.578] Hoptallus's Blackout Kick is refreshed by Daecaran
[13:42:52.358] Daecaran Blackout Kick Hoptallus 4266

[13:48:33.098] Daecaran Blackout Kick Yan-Zhu the Uncasked 14358
[13:48:33.098] Yan-Zhu the Uncasked afflicted by Blackout Kick from Daecaran
[13:48:35.088] Daecaran Blackout Kick Yan-Zhu the Uncasked 2871
[13:48:37.028] Daecaran casts Blackout Kick on Yan-Zhu the Uncasked
[13:48:37.088] Daecaran Blackout Kick Yan-Zhu the Uncasked *32680*
[13:48:37.088] Yan-Zhu the Uncasked's Blackout Kick is refreshed by Daecaran
[13:48:37.088] Daecaran Blackout Kick Yan-Zhu the Uncasked *6338*
[13:48:39.088] Daecaran Blackout Kick Yan-Zhu the Uncasked *6338*
[13:48:41.068] Daecaran Blackout Kick Yan-Zhu the Uncasked 3169
[13:48:43.089] Daecaran Blackout Kick Yan-Zhu the Uncasked 3169

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#46 chriscain

chriscain
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Do we know as of yet, which 2 tradeskills will provide the highest dps boost? Or is beta still too early to tell? I was wanting to stockpile mats for whichever proves to be the highest dps gain.

#47 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

SimulationCraft is looking for new class developers, especially someone for Monks.

Besides the known user-specifing advantages of SimC, we can offer a potential developer a very easy plattform to develop things. I would go as far as saying SimC nowadays offers you libraries ( for buffs, procs, abilitys, resource management, action callbacks, etc. ) to do exactly what you want, and comine it however you want. There is a spell database which lets you use all available tooltip data in a dynamic manner, removing nearly all need for hardcoded values ( which usually results in class modules being auto-updated between normal patches ).
This also means you need only a very very basic understanding of any of the higher programming language, and no special C++ knowledge.

The basic code structure of the monk module is already set up, and just waiting to be filled out.
There are experienced developers on the SimC IRC channel who can help you with every problem that arises, or give you advice on how to solve a specific task.

If you're interested, check out simulationcraft - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting or directly send a PM to 'Althor' here on EJ.

#48 Alarron

Alarron

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

Since the thread's been dormant lately, here's a quick theoretical priority list (as of build 15752) to spur discussion.

1. Put/keep Rising Sun Kick debuff up via Rising Sun Kick on cooldown ( +10% damage, 15s duration)
2. Put/keep Tiger Power debuff up via Tiger Palm (ignore 5% of target armor, 20s duration, stacks 3x)
3. Use Combo Breaker procs for free TP/BOK.
4. Fists of Fury on CD
5. Energizing Brew on CD
6. Tigereye Brew (only at 10 stacks)
7. Tiger Palm
8. Jab/Expel Harm for Chi

Working on a full windwalker guide on my blog here. Thoughts?

#49 Alarron

Alarron

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

Annnd the new changes in latest build should make BOK a viable part of the rotation again.

Anyway, did a quick ten-minute test of Tiger Strikes, here's what I've determined-

1. TS currently procs 5 attacks, even though the tooltip says 4.
2. The extra attacks show up as "Tiger Strikes" and can be dodged, just like reguler attacks.
3. Extra attacks are independent; if TS is up, a dodged white swing can still have a proc'd TS swing.
4. There is no ICD on the proc. I've had TS proc once and the first TS'd attack proc it again. What I currently don't know is if TS can proc off itself; I'd guess not, but larger logs with statistical analysis would be required to say for sure.
5. A Tiger Strikes proc when TS is already up refreshes the melee attack speed buff and adds stacks (attacks).
6. At first blush, the proc rate looks to be lower that the 10% stated on the tooltip; more like 6-7% or so. Again, need more data.

#50 nextormento

nextormento

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

I believe the reason why the discussion has stalled is because ww development and changes have been notably straightforward. They've been messing with the logic behind the palm/blackout and seem to have abandoned the cycles in which you would burn chi with either finisher deppending on the 50%hp threshold for a more common design; other than that, most changes involve resource costs, formulae adjustments and icon changes.

Cycle description:
In the OP I'm trying to keep the way to define a cycle in the way we do in the rogue threads but, if people find it more convenient we could swich to a priority-list one. Usually this boils down to the tools or devices we use to analyze output, of which we don't have a complete one just yet. It is my intention to write a ShadowCraft-like (one of the tools we use for rogues) module in the future if I have time to spare, but for the time being, simulationcraft may be sufficient.

In any case, I think we need a way to figure out the dps value of a point of energy (and chi), so we can pin the priority of Jab where it should be. While it may be the lowest hitting ability, it's no way near the bottom of the priority (or, at least, it shouldn't be only there): if you are at about 90 energy, delaying a Jab to use a cooldown will usually be an opportunity loss; for that reason we need to investigate how much energy (and chi, theoreticaly) is aceptable to cap. Of course, in a simulationcraft-esque priority-list we would end up putting Jab in two places: one near the top (very likely after applying buffs/debuffs) with a conditional (energy above certain threshold, haste/regen dependant) and one near the bottom as a filler spell (the last filler is probably Flying Serpent Kick).

Blackout/Palm logic:
We need two metrics: damage per execute (or damage per gcd) and damage per resource. Chi and energy, as Hidden pointed out, are interchangeable since Jab/Expel have a fixed chi per energy ratio, so the damage per resource can be based on either of the two. I expect one of them will be more resource efficient (palm) whereas the other will hit harder (blackout), so the go-to finisher will be Palm except when energy-capping, in which case we could burn chi faster with Blackout. The other scenario is that they buff Blackout enough to surpass Palm in efficiency so Palm's usage is only to mantain the buff.

OP formatting:
I'm keeping it updated with every build as can beseen in the change log. I may include a race section at some point. I've changed the style of some sections quite a bit, but I'm trying to keep it as a very standad EJ guide; if you have suggestions to improve it or want me to append or modify a section I'm all ears.

Things to study closely:
I may include a section in the OP to have all these things we keep finding out in a more concise format. Once/if I (or someone else) start working heavily on a spreadsheet or the simultioncraft module we'll need to figure some stuff out. Off the top of my head, these are the ones I would start working on:
-Gear setups: it's always usefull to have a raid-entry set to have a firm grasp of what the stats will look like.
-Combat ratings at lvl 90 and target armor: this is already datamined and will feature in the OP at some point.
-Tiger strikes behaviour
-Energy regen: I still note it as 10/s but it got nerfed for ww at some point (there's a blue post about it). Most reports say that it regens at 8.5/s but I wouldn't mind some paperdoll screenies or jab-spam analysis.
-Blackout dot behaviour: it ticks 4 times instead of the previous iteration with two ticks; does it keep the ignite-esche design?
-Racials: I've seen some logs of the new undead Touch of the Grave already but I wouldn't mind some more checking; the pandaren's Epicurean racial is reported to give 5%stats over Well Fed instead of the (overpowered) double that the tooltip shows.
-Base stats per race: this is probably somewhere in the simulationcraft files.
-Strike formulae: with the talent revamp, formulae are a lot simpler than before; however, they're always worth checking against in-game output.
-New weapon enchants: they are very similar to those from cataclysm. Windwalk (MoP version of Hurricane) particulary may show some funky refresh mechanics; it won't be as hectic as Hurricane was since we don't have spell and melee mixed mechanics but it's worth some checks.
-New trinkets: mmo-champion's database shows proc rates and behaviours a lot better than wowhead; currently all procs seem to be very straightforward but it's always good to keep track of them all.

#51 Hothgor

Hothgor

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I seem to be stuck in Limbo on the Beta ATM, but I believe I can help fill in some of the 'gaps' so to speak:

1. It takes 400 hit or expertise to equal 1%. You need 3000 hit and expertise to become special hit and expertise capped.
2. I believe tt takes 700 crit/haste/mastery to add 1% to those values.
3. Energy regeneration on the character doll page was 8 per second.
4. The dot ticks four times, one per second. It seems to be 'bugged' in that occasionally it rolls like ignites, but more often than not it simply refreshes the dot or adds about half the expected rolling damage.
5. Breaking down the formulas, our attacks are as follows: TP, 1 DPC. BoK, 2.5-3.5 DPC. RSK, 3 DPC. Put another way, TP does 4x weapon damage, BoK does 10 to 14x weapon damage: 10 from the front, 12 from behind with no dot crits, and 14 with full dot crits, and RSK does 12x weapon damage.
6. Windsong weapon enchant is bugged on beta, no accurate testing can be done atm.
7. Tiger strikes seems to act as 'special' white attacks. They didn't seem to be affected by the RSK debuff, and they had zero glancing blows and presumably no dodges or parries. They are clones of regular white attacks after all.

The rotation priority I worked out was:

Jab if no Chi
RSK if no debuff
TP if no buff or buff has less than 5 seconds remaining
BoK

I felt you didn't need to constantly keep the RSK debuff up as it only affected our abilities and not our white attacks. A BoK or TP with 1 second left on the debuff still does the same damage as one with 15 seconds left on the debuff. There was some debate on incorporating FoF into the single target rotation. With the PvP gear on Beta, I was able to do ~70k DPS. FoF is able to do 74k with the RSK debuff up. Admittedly, I messed up on my parse with only a single cast of Xuen, and didn't use the clickie trinket, but the damage was close enough that it could be a wash.
Item Comparison 4.0.3c - For easy EnhSim item comparisons to determine if your next piece of loot is right for you!

#52 tastysnack

tastysnack

Kind of hates everything.

• • Guide Author
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

I seem to be stuck in Limbo on the Beta ATM, but I believe I can help fill in some of the 'gaps' so to speak:

1. It takes 400 hit or expertise to equal 1%. You need 3000 hit and expertise to become special hit and expertise capped.
2. I believe tt takes 700 crit/haste/mastery to add 1% to those values.

So, just some thoughts - you basically stated everything I've observed so far. I'm still 88 right now, so maybe my input won't really be as viable, but I've been spending some time playing with the gear sets as a PvE player.

If it takes 400 hit/expertise to get 1% hit, obviously (as you stated) that leads to requiring around 3200 total in order to reach melee hit cap (assuming hit cap is still 8%) and even more for expertise cap. Does this make the 175 (I think it's 175, could be 125 - I can't check right now) hit to boots essentially useless? Though, I'm not familiar with what other enchants would be available at this time, and 400 < 700 for the other stats so it could be fairly arguable.

I've also been going for more of a crit/mastery build. I'm not sure how regen works right now at 90, but from the numbers and using Energizing Wine and talents to increase Chi/Chi regen, it seems like I always have plenty of energy for 2 Jabs after I do anything that utilizes my Chi (regardless of whether it uses 1-3 Chi). In other words, I always feel like I'm doing something and haven't necessarily needed to stack any haste gear or enchants in order to comfortably always have "something" to do and be able to keep my buffs/debuffs up. I'd like to hear if this changes at all - after my experience with rogue/cat druid, I feel like it shouldn't.

I felt you didn't need to constantly keep the RSK debuff up as it only affected our abilities and not our white attacks. A BoK or TP with 1 second left on the debuff still does the same damage as one with 15 seconds left on the debuff. There was some debate on incorporating FoF into the single target rotation. With the PvP gear on Beta, I was able to do ~70k DPS. FoF is able to do 74k with the RSK debuff up. Admittedly, I messed up on my parse with only a single cast of Xuen, and didn't use the clickie trinket, but the damage was close enough that it could be a wash.

I've honestly never found myself sitting and using white attacks nearly as much as Jab or TP/BoK (and therefore, RSK). I guess I just haven't found myself needing to consciously pool energy like I did before. The feel I've been getting from this class (other than a feeling like it's still not quite done) is that it could very well be a priority one, but not nearly as "difficult" of priorities as what I'm used to as a cat.

Anyway, this thread is great. Thanks everyone for your input. I'm sorry if I come off a little bit dumb - I'm sitting in an airport wishing I were in Pandaland right now with a flight that's been delayed 2 hours, and I left my authenticator at home. I think I may go ahead and start a Docs spreadsheet to try to organize some of this, even though I know there have been a few of them.
[SMALL]Twitter - @CalliMonkEj
Watch me raid Sun-Thursday 8:30-11:30 PST at my stream

#53 Etz

Etz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

The rotation priority I worked out was:

Jab if no Chi
RSK if no debuff
TP if no buff or buff has less than 5 seconds remaining
BoK

Have you tested adding Zen Sphere into that? On napkin math it seems to have a decent dmg/chi rate, and the healing portion is a great bonus (especially since you can cast it on other people, such as the tank, as well).

#54 konaman

konaman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

Considering the addition of Zen sphere to the rotation would have to wait because it is currently broken and is hitting for a lot more the it should be.

In your rotation you don't have FoF included, with the buff to BOK I assume it's now a better use of chi in comparison to FoF.

#55 Stu

Stu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

One thing on your post Hothgor, RSK itself is effected by the RSK debuff, so therefore it should be refreshed before it falls off. Also i've found RSK is our highest DPC outside of FoF, so it should be used on cooldown and not simply to keep up the debuff.

Otherwise it's pretty sound and accurately reflects my observations as well.

In your rotation you don't have FoF included, with the buff to BOK I assume it's now a better use of chi in comparison to FoF.

FoF is our highest damage per chi ability, and should be used on, or as close to on, cooldown as possible. Obviously you need to make sure your RSK debuff and TP buffs won't run out during the channel as well as not over capping energy, but as long as each tick is effective on a single target boss, it should be utilized as much as possible.

#56 nextormento

nextormento

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

One thing on your post Hothgor, RSK itself is effected by the RSK debuff, so therefore it should be refreshed before it falls off. Also i've found RSK is our highest DPC outside of FoF, so it should be used on cooldown and not simply to keep up the debuff.

As it is now and as far as tooltip formulae are concerned, RSK hits for the same amount as a BOK(+dot): 14.4 * weapon_damage, that is. However, the BOK-dot may double dip on crits (testing needed here) so it has the potential to render a bit higher damage per chi.

EDIT: last build changes just about every strike factor; RSK now hits considerably harder than BOK(+dot).

On another -somewhat related- note: has anyone found out the deal with the new 'bundled weapon damage' formula?: for instance, the formula for Tiger Palm, when weilding a two hander, [5 * 1.2 * (weapon_dps + AP / 14)] is missing the normalization factor [norm_speed / weapon_speed] that a standard formula would have multiplying the [AP / 14] section. Also, is the 0.898882 factor in dual weilding formulas [tiger_palm_dmg = 5 * 1.2 * 0.898882* (mh_dps + oh_dps / 2 + AP / 14)] only there to balance dw against 2h? or is there some normalization in place that wowhead/wowdb are not picking up?

#57 Disargeria

Disargeria

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

I asked to clarify how Tiger Strikes was intended to work and got some critical information:

Beta Class Balance Analysis - Forums - World of Warcraft

Are Tiger Strikes supposed to be additional melee attacks for the purposes of enchant procs? They don't seem to be affected by dodge, parries, or glancing so I'm wondering if they're really just doubled autoattacks.

Tiger Strikes are intended to feel like additional auto attacks, but are built differently. Tiger Strikes (the buff) should be able to proc from regular auto attack swings (even misses). The buff charges should similarly be consumed by regular auto attack swings (even misses), and a Tiger Strikes attack should fire. This attack is displayed in white in the floating combat text, but as you should see via the combat log, is really a ‘yellow’ melee attack in terms of how it calculates its hit table. It can miss, be dodged, parried, blocked, etc. As it’s really a ‘yellow’ attack, it cannot glance, though, and does not suffer a reduced chance to hit due to dual wielding. Its proc rate is one of the knobs we have to help tune DW vs 2H monks, since it favors DW somewhat due to not suffering the DW hit penalty. They are currently considered procs for the purposes of not being able to proc additional procs. However, they are explicitly set to count as auto attacks for the purposes of Brewing: Elusive Brew and Eminence.

Monk stuff: www.disargeria.net

#58 Eeinx

Eeinx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hello, i'm the dev working on the monk module for SimulationCraft:

I'm just giving you an update on the status thus far.

Please excuse some of the minor details as I know tweaking needs to be made to both the action list and the spells themselves.

I'll give you some basic info I've put together, and move forward in a way that testable on beta using profiles from premades, up to 90 pvp gear etc. Stuff people can see and do so very easily.

Just to clarify, I only have a level 85 profile and obtainable abilities for now, as i'm still implementing the level 90 talents (soon tm). I also have not implemented chi wave or chi burst yet, but can get them done quicker if required. (I don't really see them as single target talents, so i'll pass on them for now.)

I don't want to start posting ACTUAL weights yet, as I dont have the optimal profiles necessary and they may be pretty weird.
I'm basically asking what you guys would like to see or have me plug in, so we can move forward with windwalker discussion.

Before posting numbers, basically the profile is made up of druid gear, reforged for druids, and some no'kaleds.

Damage Breakdown:
blackout_kick        Count= 68.4| 6.51sec  DPE= 45750|14%  DPET= 44139 
    blackout_kick_dot    Count= 68.4| 6.51sec  DPE=  7120| 2%  DPET=     0  
    energizing_brew      Count=  7.8|60.46sec  DPE=     0| 0%  DPET=     0 
    fists_of_fury        Count=  2.2|129.39sec  DPE=119305| 1%  DPET= 95879  
    jab                  Count=120.6| 3.77sec  DPE=  7237| 4%  DPET=  6982  
    melee_main_hand      Count=227.8| 1.98sec  DPE= 11476|12%  DPET=  5803  DPR=   0.0  pDPS=5799  Miss=19.88%  Hit=9804|9185|10170  Crit=20197|18922|20949|40.5%  Glance=7353|24.0%
    melee_off_hand       Count=227.6| 1.98sec  DPE=  5746| 6%  DPET=  2906  DPR=   0.0  pDPS=2900  Miss=19.87%  Hit=4908|4593|5085  Crit=10111| 9461|10475|40.5%  Glance=3681|24.0%
    nokaled_fireblast    Count= 16.1|26.99sec  DPE= 14836| 1%  DPET=     0  
    nokaled_iceblast     Count= 16.1|26.98sec  DPE= 14848| 1%  DPET=     0  
    nokaled_shadowblast  Count= 16.1|27.01sec  DPE= 14854| 1%  DPET=     0  
    rising_sun_kick      Count= 50.7| 8.99sec  DPE= 76227|17%  DPET= 73542  
    tiger_palm           Count= 48.9| 9.13sec  DPE= 14476| 3%  DPET= 13966  
    tiger_strikes_melee  Count=329.7| 2.62sec  DPE= 10419|15%  DPET=     0  
    tigereye_brew_use    Count=  5.5|77.53sec  DPE=     0| 0%  DPET=     0  
    vial_of_shadows      Count= 44.9|10.15sec  DPE= 19109| 4%  DPET=     0 
    zen_sphere           Count= 25.0|18.30sec  DPE= 14203|100%  DPET= 13703  
    zen_sphere_damage    Count=250.7| 1.78sec  DPE= 18467|21%  DPET=     0 -> (est roughly 136000 since its not automatically calculated)

Weights in current profile gear. Dont count on the accuracy.
Weights :  Str=1.4829(0.0794)  Agi=4.0110(0.0802)  Int=0.2000(0.0793)  Spi=0.0000(0.0796)  SP=0.5851(0.0795)  AP=1.4078(0.0798)  Exp=4.7888(0.1270)  Hit=4.4367(0.0799)  Crit=2.3852(0.0801)  Haste=2.8755(0.0797)  Mastery=1.3268(0.0797)  Wdps=8.7224(0.2411)

bloodlust         : start=1.0  refresh=0.0   interval=  0.0 trigger=0.0   uptime= 9%  benefit= 9%
    combo_breaker_bok : start=34.5 refresh=0.0   interval= 13.0 trigger=13.0  uptime=13%
    combo_breaker_tp  : start=34.5 refresh=0.0   interval= 12.9 trigger=13.0  uptime=16%
    energizing_brew   : start=7.8  refresh=0.0   interval= 60.5 trigger=60.5  uptime=10%  benefit=10%
    landslide_mh      : start=10.3 refresh=4.6   interval= 42.1 trigger=28.3  uptime=32%  benefit=34%
    landslide_oh      : start=10.4 refresh=4.7   interval= 41.8 trigger=27.9  uptime=33%  benefit=34%
    tiger_strikes     : start=10.9 refresh=25.5  interval= 41.7 trigger=12.1  uptime=71%  benefit=72%
    tigereye_brew     : start=6.4  refresh=53.5  interval= 75.2 trigger=7.5   uptime=91%
    tigereye_brew_use : start=5.5  refresh=0.0   interval= 77.5 trigger=77.5  uptime=18%
    zen_sphere        : start=25.0 refresh=0.0   interval= 18.3 trigger=18.3  uptime=87%

Waiting:
    24.4% : monk_test

action_list_str += "/auto_attack";
      action_list_str += "/energizing_brew,if=energy<=40";
      action_list_str += "/tigereye_brew_use,if=buff.tigereye_brew.react=10";
      action_list_str += "/rising_sun_kick";
      action_list_str += "/fists_of_fury";
      action_list_str += "/zen_sphere";
      action_list_str += "/blackout_kick,if=buff.combo_breaker_bok.remains";
      action_list_str += "/tiger_palm,if=buff.combo_breaker_tp.remains";
      action_list_str += "/blackout_kick,if=debuff.tiger_power.stack=3";
      action_list_str += "/tiger_palm,if=debuff.tiger_power.stack<3";
      action_list_str += "/jab";
EDIT:
Damage breakdown
Posted Image

EDIT:
DPET for premade DW windwalker (take it with a grain of salt on damage, but the weight still holds true in other profiles)
Posted Image

Side Notes:
The Blackout Kick dot is still acting as it is on the current beta build, not the intended 20% damage always version, but the clipping, double armor reduction version.

With that out there, let the hazing begin. I'll be working diligently to finish this module up as quickly as possible and i'll need your help with the hidden DPS. Whatever I can do to help you guys out or if you have any question how something is implemented, let me know on here, or on simulationcraft IRC. Thanks!

-------------------------
UPDATE
2H WW Profile - 8% hit, 8% expertise, fairly even stats
chardev 9

29187 DPS

Scale Factors:
Agi=3.3907(0.0502) AP=1.3571(0.0496) Exp=5.4926(0.1827) Hit=2.3421(0.0496) Crit=1.5400(0.0497) Haste=1.7421(0.0494) Mastery=0.8396(0.0493) Wdps=8.2339(0.1497)

AGI > exp to 8% > hit to 8% > haste > crit > mastery

DW WW Profile - 8% hit, 8% expertise, fairly even stats (are the new hit/exp caps 7.5% or is that a tooltip bug?)
chardev 9

30365 DPS

Scale Factors:
Agi=3.3807(0.0499) AP=1.3006(0.0495) Exp=5.5801(0.1829) Hit=2.3901(0.0497) Crit=1.5023(0.0497) Haste=1.7100(0.0495) Mastery=0.8062(0.0493) Wdps=8.2034(0.1501)

I'll likely do a better update later once I get the GUI playing nice with the monk module. This is all assuming we should be using zen sphere. I do more runs to see if its needed. I'm also using a shaman profile in chardev which i'm importing and only using the gear from. There is no direct tie to in my profile.

it looks like Agi > Exp > Hit to 8%ish > haste > crit > mastery is pretty consistent. I'll likely have more detailed information on how the stats scale once I get the gui running. Command line simc gives me headache :(

Once they make level 90 premades, i'll spend more time working on those profiles. (and hopefully have Xuen modeled and functioning accurately.)

#59 Stu

Stu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

As it stands right now, Eeinx, it may be best to outright ignore Zen Sphere. There's absolutely no way its current damage is intended, and will be changed. As well, considering they're not meant as rotational abilities, prob best to skip over them? I'm not a devvy type person so if i'm wrong, slap me.

Also, i do believe it is intended that the hit/exp caps are 7.5%.

I would also be interested in seeing if there's a point where Haste becomes much less beneficial and as such is bumped way down below crit or even mastery.

#60 Eeinx

Eeinx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

As it stands right now, Eeinx, it may be best to outright ignore Zen Sphere. There's absolutely no way its current damage is intended, and will be changed. As well, considering they're not meant as rotational abilities, prob best to skip over them? I'm not a devvy type person so if i'm wrong, slap me.

Also, i do believe it is intended that the hit/exp caps are 7.5%.

I would also be interested in seeing if there's a point where Haste becomes much less beneficial and as such is bumped way down below crit or even mastery.

Even when zen sphere gets sorted out, I still feel like it might be a rotational ability (depending on how bad it gets nerfed obviously)

I don't think haste will lose its benefit until the wait time on the damage table is pretty much non-existent. There will likely be 'breakpoints' at which you can squeeze in an extra jab after a certain ability which will make the feel of the 'priority rotation' constantly vary from one haste point to the next.

Statistically it might be better, but on a level of comfort, it may not be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users