Photo

SimulationCraft for Warlocks (Panda Edition)

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#541 purefury

purefury

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

All speccs, even destro, are close enough for your gear level, it will depend more on Your gameplay and encounter.

#542 Badahs

Badahs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

515 ilvl since I think gear might be an important factor for my question and I also don't have 2 piece tier 15 bonus

armory - nthrxcounsel - illidan

I noticed that on the sample sequence for simcraft at the pull and after using meta, the sequence goes through using 2 dooms (60*2=120 df), 10 touch of chaos (40*10=400 df) and 2 soul fire (80*2=160) for a total fury cost of 680. Since we only start out with 200 df, I can't seem to come anywhere close to maintaining a fury regen rate, even with imp swarm, that rivals that. Is it just a gear issue or is that sequence actually possible without insane rng?

#543 spoonman184

spoonman184

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

Deleted.

#544 purefury

purefury

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

i think its too simplistic.
shard regeneration changes, we lose KJC (because it is useless on ptr), we gain extra Dark Soul.
with full buffs on, fel flame might be better than MG, while MG will be for times after buffs fade but dots are strong up.
haste plateaus are made stronger, but haste overall loses value with MG nerf.

we might see extra fixes in next 2weeks.

#545 spoonman184

spoonman184

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

I calculated damage with Fel Flame, and its 1% better than not casting MG at all (6 casts). The extra dots ticking is still too strong of a mechanic to not use.

Won't lie its simplistic, but it does compare previous values to new values in the exact same manner, so it is at least a peak of what we will see.

#546 spoonman184

spoonman184

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

First and foremost, I encourage others to look over my model and make corrections so that we can summarize the changes properly.

https://docs.google....UEE&usp=sharing

Cells G1-G35 are damage calculations (Initial + Coefficient * Spell power). Dots are calculated for 7 casts of Agony, 12 casts of Agony, and 10 casts of Corruption (only 1/3 of the damage is included for the last cast). This leaves a window of 168 seconds to cast other spells before the GCD.
The GCD is calculated in Cell T1 and U1, respectively for each patch. The reason this is different is each patch has a different average number of Nightfalls. This is calculated on a single target fight. 4 casts of Haunt are added to the nightfall procs as I believe hard casting dots and using Soul Shard for Haunt is better DPS in my experience.
After calculating the GCDs, we can figure out how many casts of MG we are able to perform by dividing the remaining time after GCDs (168 – GCD times) by 4 as this is the duration of MG. We factor in Nightfall procs by the number of casts MG, multiplying by 4 as we get one tick of Corruption every second and MG lasts 4 seconds, calculating extra Nightfall procs with our new amount of Corruption ticks, and then subtracting subsequent casts of Haunt from the GCD. If we get a remainder from a cast of MG, we round to the lowest quarter-cast, because the extra value doesn’t affect the GCD due to no Corruption ticks and Nightfall Procs.
Then we calculate the damage from the extra ticks. We get the new number of MG’s cast and multiplying by 4. This new number is the number of ticks of every dot. We multiply this by the total damage of each DOT divided by half its duration (for a single tick of the dot) and add this to the total duration of every dot and add the total damage of channeling MG.
Afterwards, we calculate the average uptime of Haunt. This is done by adding all casts of haunt and multiplying by 7 for the total uptime. We divide that time into 168 for a percent uptime. We multiply this by previous damage dealt and add the previous damage dealt.
Finally we add the damage Haunt deals for every cast, and multiply the total by 1.1 for CoE.
For 60% uptime on MG, I scale the damage from the ticks and casts by .6 and also adjust for the number of corruption procs with Nightfall, and adjust the GCD appropriately.

It looks like affliction is getting a BIG damage buff if I am correct. The number of extra Soul Shards coupled with the extra damage on DOTs way overly-compensates for the nerfs to MG and DS.

#547 thetrueavatar

thetrueavatar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

EDIT: delete this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users