Photo

SimulationCraft for Warlocks (Panda Edition)

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#41 Hellfury

Hellfury

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

For affliction.

Wouldn't be a DPS increase to refresh he UA/Corr with Fel Flame?

The 2 GBCs used to recast UA/Corr could be used at 2x Fel Flame adding 12sec total on each dot while also doing 12k~ hits with BIS gear with COE no Haunt

Its just a guess, maybe someone would like to test it, not savvy at changing priority lists at SC

#42 Karsteck

Karsteck

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

To get more shadowflame damage, is it worth spacing out HoG by one cast, e.g. shadow bolt? I've been doing that when practicing my keybinds / rotation on a target dummy. That way you get some ticks of a single stack of shadowflame, then get full ticks from a 2-stack of shadowflame. (or 3 stack if either HoG procs DTR, making DTR probably very powerful for aoe even once it's replaced for single target).

Also, is it maybe worth waiting for a molten core proc before entering meta above 500 fury? Although then you risk letting corruption drop if you don't autoattack (touch of chaos) in meta right away. Having corruption fall off just after you enter meta sucks, because you can't re-apply it without leaving meta. Molten core stacks and has a long duration, so maybe an action like

# untested, not sure if this does what I'm talking about above
actions+=/demonic_slash,buff.metamorphosiss.up,if=dot.corruption.remains<soulfire.cast_time
actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.molten_core.react|target.health.pct<25

Has anyone tried putting corruption ahead of meta in the action list, to make sure it's cast before entering meta? (maybe worth it even if fury capped, since you'll be in meta a long time without corruption ticking)

#43 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Wouldn't be a DPS increase to refresh he UA/Corr with Fel Flame?

Turns out it is - just barely though, less than a 200 DPS increase with the current gear profile.

To get more shadowflame damage, is it worth spacing out HoG by one cast, e.g. shadow bolt? I've been doing that when practicing my keybinds / rotation on a target dummy. That way you get some ticks of a single stack of shadowflame, then get full ticks from a 2-stack of shadowflame. (or 3 stack if either HoG procs DTR, making DTR probably very powerful for aoe even once it's replaced for single target).

Yep, this also turned out to be a small gain.

#44 zinnin

zinnin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Can Simcrafted be adjusted to show uptime % in the results for Haunt?

Also, idk if your priority list is keeping it at 100% uptime or not, but it should be put in the priority somehow that fel flames are done in between haunts since the good part about using fel flame is that it gives a far greater window of use then normal refreshing. Non-issue if your priority is maintaining a 100% uptime, but in game I just don't haunt when using fel flame \ life tapping and only haunt when I can MG for the full duration of it or if I might get shard capped. This also leads to not ever pressing drain soul above 20%.

#45 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm not sure what benefit you're expecting to see from deliberately reducing the uptime on a 40% damage buff.

#46 zinnin

zinnin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm not sure what benefit you're expecting to see from deliberately reducing the uptime on a 40% damage buff.

You gain uptime on 100% dot speed, you are basically trading some uptime of haunt, for uptime on MG, using less shards by using haunt less on the low damage part of your rotation, means having to drain soul less, which is a huge time sink away from maintaining MG.

Also in the sample sequence, there is a point where it does "G9GGGG" where G is fel flame, I don't think there is any point where using fel flame that many times in a row would be a dps increase.

And awesome, looking forward to messing around with the priority.

#47 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

I've tried a few different ways to do things and the current action list yields the best results. We're hoping to put out a release pretty soon which will allow you to try out whatever priority you'd like.

And I'm sorry for missing the question earlier - you can already see the haunt uptime in the report, you just need to look under the details for the target, Fluffy Pillow.

#48 Werst

Werst

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

I would think Zinnin's point or method of not using DS outside of execute range would be a more viable option for helter skelter or higher movement type sims. In those cases 4 sec channel ticks become far less realistic and the increased uptime on MG is more likely to offset the lower haunt uptime. Is the upcoming release going to be able to model helter skelter or strictly patchwerk at this point?

#49 NanoHaxial

NanoHaxial

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

For Destruction, wouldn't Grimoire of Sacrifice provide a larger damage increase than Grimoire of Service? Currently in beta it increases the damage of Immolate DD, Conflagrate, and Incinerate by 30% (60% for the first 15 seconds).

Conflagrate and Incinerate provide 18161 DPS according to the latest sim, and increasing that by 30% would provide 5448 additional DPS (well above the Service pet's 2272). Accounting for the 60% bonus at the start and Immolate's direct damage would increase the gain even further.

#50 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

Main thing You're missing(and current beta build is aswell) is the fact, that sacrifice will kill your main pet, so you're not only losing service's pet dps, but your main one aswell, and that's around 8.5k dps - which doesn't mean it won't be competitive in retail version(and one could hope it will), especially that it currently boosts Shadowburn aswell. Problem is we don't really know which one is wrong - the tooltip(s), ingame implementation, or both really. It certainly would be nice for it to be viable not only for *those* fights. ;)

On another note - is the mana time line in simulationcraft working as intended? It seems plausible for affli/demo, but for destro it's way out-of-whack, or is it an error due to it being average timeline of all the iterations aswell?

#51 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

On another note - is the mana time line in simulationcraft working as intended? It seems plausible for affli/demo, but for destro it's way out-of-whack, or is it an error due to it being average timeline of all the iterations aswell?

The timelines are averaged over iterations, yes. ( And they are also adjusted for the fact that not all iterations last equally long at the end, needs some trickery so that everything looks fine ).

I'm pretty confident that the generic resource timelines work completely correct, implying that it is a problem on the destruction mana initializtation or resource consumption. Could you be a bit more specific about what exactly is "out-of-whack" with it?

#52 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

I really can't see anything wrong with the mana timeline graph for destruction.

#53 zinnin

zinnin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

They changed soulfire to allow meta auto attacks to continue while casting it, and buffed the duration to 30s. I am curious if there is a noticeable difference between holding them for meta, or only using them out of meta.

#54 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

I really can't see anything wrong with the mana timeline graph for destruction.

Maybe I'm looking at the results of the 501 simulation wrong, but it looks like destruction never goes below ~80% mana - with two exceptions at the start and in 2/3, and even those are merely by 20%.

#55 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Why would it get low on mana? It's got 36k+ mp5.

#56 angaroth

angaroth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

I am intrigued by Affliction's jump to the top of the charts. The only change I saw was DS ticking every two seconds instead of four. How did they gain ~7kdps?

#57 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

If a channeled spell ticks twice as often it does twice as much damage. It turns out they also nerfed the spell power coefficient, so it's not quite a doubling of its efficacy, but it's still a major buff.

#58 whiskeydave

whiskeydave

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

The results for Affliction show ~12% of total dps is associated with the Dragonwrath Legendary as opposed to 1.5% and 0.5% contributions for Demonology and Destruction, respectively. Is this an independent error or a synergy between the "new" Drain Soul (Beta Build 15689) and the Legendary proc value?

#59 NanoHaxial

NanoHaxial

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Does the sim include mana regen from haste as well? I only see the 36250 MP5, which is the the amount of regen I have without any haste.

#60 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

It certainly doesn't sound/feel right to me, at least as far as I remember it working out at 85. Sadly I'm currently 89, so I can't double-check and could be wrong for sure.

Are the stats in ability details correct/final ones? They're named "base_cost" and seem to suggest that incinerate's mana cost is only 5100 mana which I'm sure can't be right, as incinerate costs 51k out of a 250k mana pool @ 89, so 20.4%, and I'm pretty sure all the spell costs are % based now. Same situation for immolate/conflagrate - sim suggests they're both 1/10 of their mana cost @ 89 aswell and mana pool doesn't grow that fast. ;) Rain of fire sounds about right though - 36k/100k in the sim, 85k/250k or 34% @ 89.

Edit:
I got a friend to confirm it for me - conflag 4k, immo 12k, inci 20.4k @ 85.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users