#1 Rosvall

Rosvall

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Just keeping this helpful topic alive.

For 5.2 mechanics, check this thread: http://elitistjerks....raid_mechanics/

Please post your findings here regarding any use of rogue mechanics that you discover during the course of an encounter. This can include both offense and defensive cooldowns, as well as, specing ideas for certain mechanics, clever uses of game mechanics, individual strategies used, or any other mechanical information found during the process of a fight which may enable other rogues to perform better.

I would appreciate all information discovered the be tested and validated. This means that if you have a theory, clearly state that it's a theory in your post so it is not taken as a fact. If you find that one of the stated mechanics is either correct or incorrect, please post to let me know so that I can update the thread.

I will update the information as regularly as possible.

Thanks go out to everyone providing feedback.

Mogu'Shan Vaults:

The Stone Guard
-Blade Flurry is a strong candidate on this boss. You will almost always be able to use Blade Flurry on this fight.
-Overload damage (from any of the guardians) can be feint to reduce damage or cloaked to immune damage.
-Feint does NOT reduce the damage of Amethyst Pool or Jasper Chains.
-Cloak of Shadows removes Amethyst Pool debuff (and prevents the damage).
-Cloak of Shadows immune Jasper Chains damage.
-You can use cloak and "trigger" cobalt traps to make life easier on you and the raid. Be careful not to trigger it on anyone.
Heroic
-Feint and Cloak work to reduce/prevent damage from Jade Shards and Cobalt Mine Blast.

Feng the Accursed:
-Feint works for Epicenter
-Cloak of Shadows works for Epicenter, removing the debuff and preventing damage, how ever it does not cover the whole duration.
-Cloak does NOT remove Wildfire Spark debuff. Ensure that you are away from melee when the timer expires.
-Feint and Cloak reduce/immune damage from: Wildfire Infusion, Arcane Velocity, Arcane Resonance.
-May want to consider taking the ranged attack, as you are most likely forced out of the middle during epicenter or if you get Arcane Resonance for some reason (Shouldn't target melee with enough ranged).
Heroic
-Glyph of Deadly Momentum does not appear to work on Soul Fragments.

Gara'jal
-Cross Over does not seem to be mitigated by damage reduction, but remains a static 30% regardless of CD use.
-Cloak of Shadows will NOT save you from Soul Sever.
-Glyph of Deadly Momentum works on adds.
-You can redirect from adds to boss.
-Smoke bomb works to prevent adds from targeting players.
Heroic

The Spirit Kings
-Cowardice damage return is cloakable and will not be applied for full cloak duration.
-Maddening Shout is cloakable.
Heroic
-There is a lot of Blade Flurry opportunity on this fight (between boss changes and Pinning Arrow).
-Fan of Knives works well to break Maddening Should, but poisons will persists on players.
-Mind Numbing Poison does not work on bosses.
-Only use glyph of kick if you are SURE you can land the kick every time (when attempting to use less than 3 interrupters).
-Shiv works to remove Delirious.
-Feint and Combat readiness work for Massive attacks (which hits ~220 degrees around the boss, a bit skewed to the side he's facing).
-Sleight of Hand doesn't apply the debuff when the boss is stunned. Consider saving up a 5cp Kidney Shot + Revealing strike to allow everyone to continue dpsing. Cheap shot when Kidney Shot falls to keep the boss stunned for the entire duration. Be sure to stop attack boss until a stun has gone through so you don't get the debuff.
-Pray on the week and Nerve strike works while Subetai is stunned.
-Shadow Blades and Blade Flurry will trigger all shields.
-Auto attacks do not trigger shields..
-You can Shadowstep through Flanking Orders.
-Rupture/RvS/debuffs are removed on shield cast.

Elegon:
-Feint works for Discharge and Unstable Energy.
-Cloak of Shadows does NOT work for Total Annihilation unless you immune it (0.5 first second of CoS), but feint does work to reduce damage.
-Versatility may be a good talent choice due to target swapping however most likely not worth it.
-Glyph of deadly momentum works on Energy Sparks.
-Some players recommend using shadowstep on other raid members to quickly reset stack.
-Do not shadowstep/killing spree to an Empyreal Focus, it will cause you to take damage.
-Be careful using killing spree on sparks as it may port you to boss (assuming intention is single target on sparks).
-Cloak does not remove healing debuff.
-Empyreal Focus Damage is not cloakable.
-Blade Flurry will briefly hit sparks if you are using Elegon as your target.
Heroic
You can soak Total Annihilation by using cloak of shadows. However the timing of when to use it hasn't been determined yet.

Will of the Emperor
-Crippling Poison and Shiv seem very good for Emperor's Courage mobs
-Vanish will cause Focused Assault to drop aggro and target someone else
-Opportunistic Strike cannot be modified by any in-game buff/debuff (i.e. Vendetta)
-Opportunistic strike does not benefit from any applied damage modifier (i.e Vendetta, BG, Find Weakness, Expose Armor, etc.) However, it does appear that 4% physical may play a role in the damage. The mode normal mode value was 520,000, but we experienced some hits of 500k. These appeared to happen to all players at the same time. I am not sure how it would have dropped, but that jump from 500k to 520k is exactly 4%.
-Be careful not to Killing Spree right after you gain Opportunistic Strike, you will lose the buff before you finish.
-Feint appears to reduce the damage of Devastating Arc
Heroic
-Feint reduced damage of the following: Energy of Creation, Energizing Smash, Titan Gas, Devastating Arc
-Cloak of Shadows prevents damage taken from Energy of Creation
-Titan Sparks: if you are going to soak them, elusiveness/feint combo is enough to survive 1 (reduces the damage to 262,500), but if you are hitting more than one, you should cloak of shadows to immune the damage.
-Recommended talents (if you are not focusing on the boss): Shadowstep if on adds, otherwise Prep, Elusiveness, Versatility.
-When soaking sparks you can pop a spark and shadow step away to totally ignore the damage. (Damage hits a second after it pops).

Heart of Fear:

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok:
-Sonic ring is Feintable.
-Force and Verve is Feintable.
-Has a very large hitbox, you can continue attacking while moving to avoid sonic rings. Sonic Rings come out in a spiral form. Find and opening and run in a circle around the boss, staying in the voids. You can back away from the boss a good distance and still hit him.
-Another fight were Blade Flurry seems to have a place. You can use BF as an effective way to break MC's.
Heroic
-As a melee, moving during Sonic rings is similar in heroic as in normal. Just stay as far ahead of the curve as you can.
-If you're more players than protective shells during force and verve, you can use feint with elusiveness to take 65% less damage and be a candidate for being outside.

Blade Lord Ta'yak:
-Feint and Combat Readiness both reduce damage taken by Unseen Strike.
-Feint works for Tempest Slash.
-Feint works for Storm Unleashed but must be active before hitting tornado.
-I highly recommend looking at Burst of Speed as a talent for this boss. There are a lot of periods of running around in this fight (during phase 2). You will energy cap during these periods, as they can last for awhile (phase 2 running back can take awhile, especially if you hit a tornado). Shadowstep works to get you to the boss when close, but overall, burst of speed may be the better option.
-Cloak of Shadows does not prevent tornadoes from grabbing you.
-Room wide aoe in phase 2 is feintable.
-When entering phase 2 of Blade Lord Ta'yak, if you use Killing Spree just before he teleports everyone to the center of the room (right when he hits 20%) you can immune yourself from being put into a tornado. This puts you in the middle of the room instead of on either side at the start of the phase.

Garalon
-Feint reduces damage of basically all boss skills (Furious Swipe, Crush, Pheromones, and Pheromone Trail).
-Boss does not appear to auto attack in normal and can be "Tanked" with 2 rogues or a normal tank&rogue, at least in 10 man.
-You can cleave from leg to body, however due fixes you'll only do 200% damage on the leg and 100% damage on the body.
-You can killing spree only the legs if you use killing spree while being more than 10 yards from the body's max hitbox. This might be a bit risky however if done incorrectly since it will trigger crush if you jump to the body.

Wind Lord Mel'jarak:
-Blade Flurry is amazing for this fight. Mutilate AoE works well also depending on your strategy.
-Ring of Blades is Feintable as well as dodge'able. Using evasion during this when all adds are down reduces damage considerably.
-Fok and Mind Numbing Poison were recommended to help slow cast to ensure interrupts on Zar'thik Battle-Menders.
-Glyph of Sap does work on adds (increasing duration to 3 minutes).
-Feint works to reduce the damage on Amber Pools.
-Rogue stuns (and therefore stuns in general) will force the boss to cc wipe if maximum amount of targets are already cc'ed. Be careful not to use stun abilities/gouge to interrupt by accident.
- You can cloak immune amber prison and prevent yourself from getting imprisoned if it is cast on you. DBM alerts you approximately 3 seconds before the prison hits you and if you time the immune portion correctly you can prevent the prison.
- Killing spree seems to work in the same way as the above for amber prison.

Amber-Shaper Un'sok:
-Versatility has been recommended as a result of a large amount of target swapping. Personally, I would not take this talent as I spent most of my time testing staying on the boss and using Blade Flurry to cleave adds down. Specs other than combat might benefit a lot more from this if they are switching to adds
-Parasitic Growth can be cloaked.
-Leeching poison adds to the Parasitic Growth counter causing it to deal more damage.
-Feint works for Amber Explosion and Massive Stomp.
-Feint works for Amber Scalpel and Burning Amber.
-Consider taking Shadowstep to instantly return to boss after a Massive Stomp, it can also be dodged.
-Living Amber cannot be stunned/slowed, but the detonation damage after ooze dies can be feinted.

Grand Empress Shek'zeer
-Feint works for Cry of Terror, Sonic Discharge, Dread Screech Waves, Sha Energy, and Visions of Demise.
-Vanish will not remove Fixate debuff. However, it will cause the adds to aggro on someone else. This may be a bug. You want to be careful about using vanish, as it could cause someone else to end up getting hit.
-Feint works for Dispatch.
-Sonic Blade can be dodged. Consider using Evasion if you have to "tank" one.
-Sticky Resin does not appear to have a way to reduce/ignore damage. Feint does not work to reduce damage taken and Cloak of Shadows cannot prevent damage nor can it prevent getting debuff.
-Hive Bomb can be feinted to reduce damage or Cloaked to immune damage.
-Poison Fumes does not scale with assassination mastery.
-Feint works for Calamity in the last phase.

Terrace of Endless Spring:

Protectors of Endless:
-Mind-numbing poisons does NOT apply on the bosses.
-Use shadowstep during Corrupted Water and hold Vendetta/Shadowdance until after switch (if it comes off CD when you know a switch is coming).
-Feint works with Expelled Corruption.
-Cloak of Shadows works for Overwhelming Corruption. It both removes stack and immune damage. Feint also works to reduce damage.
-Cloak of Shadows and Feint both work for Lightning Storm.
-Cloak of Shadows works for removing Lightning Prison, if used during the first debuff and before you get stunned.

Tsulong:
-Ustable Sha's can be stunned and interrupted.
-Cloak of Shadows works on Fright.
-Cloak of Shadows does NOT clear debuff or prevent damage, but feint does work.
-Feint does not work for Nightmares.

Lei Shi
-Cloak of Shadows does NOT prevent Spray damage.
-Feint works on "Get Away!".
-Feint works on Spray.
-Poisons are wiped when she hides, but FoK works to find her.
-Feint works during her Hide phase to reduce spray damage. Consider keeping feint up in case the boss targets you.
-Vendetta does not reveal her when she hides.
-Shadow Step is good to get back to the boss during Get Away!.

Sha of Fear:
-Get in the Wall of Light when the boss is around 90 energy.
-If you are behind the boss, you can begin moving around 85 energy and make it in time. If you are on the adds, I suggest you being moving around 75-80 if you have a movement speed off cd. If you do not have a movement speed off cd, you should consider moving a little earlier.
-Feint "MAY" work on Breath of Fear (thought it worked for me, but other testing claims otherwise). You can survive staying on an add with just Feint, but it will hurt. If you are not very good at dodging the Penetrating Bolts, you may want to move in anyway.
-The breath only applies the debuff at the start of cast. So if you're inside the light, you can move out ASAP he has started casting.
-Cloak of Shadows prevents all damage and fear effect of Breath of Fear, but needs to be used before boss begins to cast (at 100 energy he casts). Try to keep cloak for when you are on adds
-Cloak of Shadows does NOT work for Ominous Cackle.
-Cloak of Shadows works to immune damage of Penetrating Bolt, as well as remove stacks. Feint also works. I recommend that you save Cloak for Breath of Fear and only use it for bolts if you are about to die.
-On the adds platform, the add will not engage until you step in the purple liquid. Orbs will return you to 100 energy
Crossbowmen:
-Feint appears to work for Dread Spray. The spray can also be dodged, so evasion will be useful here. Cloak of Shadows will reset your stack, but does not prevent damage.
-Feint and Evasion work for Death Blossom as well as physical damage reduction such as Glyph of Cloak of Shadows.
-Shoot can be dodged, but it is better to hold cooldowns for Dread Spray.
-Sha Globe damage cannot be reduced/immune, do not waste cooldowns on these.
-Sha Globe buff doesn't stack.

#2 sinnaa

sinnaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Update: All comments through 10/23/12 have been added to the list.

Hey everyone! I suppose it is about that time again. Now that testing is well under way, we can start reporting on rogue mechanics and tips and tricks for each encounter.

Please post your findings here regarding any use of rogue mechanics that you discover during the course of an encounter. This can include both offense and defensive cooldowns, as well as, specing ideas for certain mechanics, clever uses of game mechanics, individual strategies used, or any other mechanical information found during the process of a fight which may enable other rogues to perform better.

I would appreciate all information discovered the be tested and validated. If you find that one of the stated mechanics is either correct or incorrect, please post to let me know so that I can update the thread.

I will update the information as regularly as possible.

Thanks go out to everyone providing feedback.

Heart of Fear:

Amber-Shaper Un'sok:
-Versatility has been recommended as a result of a large amount of target swapping. Personally, I would not take this talent as I spent most of my time testing staying on the boss and using Blade Flurry to cleave adds down. Specs other than combat might benefit a lot more from this if they are switching to adds
-Parasitic Growth can be cloaked
-Feint works for Amber Explosion and Massive Stomp
-Feint works for Amber Scalpel and Burning Amber
-Consider taking Shadowstep to instantly return to boss after a Massive Stomp
-Living Amber cannot be stunned/slowed, but the detonation damage after ooze dies can be feint

Blade Lord Ta'yak:
-Feint and Combat Readiness both reduce damage taken by Unseen Strike
-Feint works for Tempest Slash
-Feint works for Storm Unleashed but must be active before hitting tornado
-I highly recommend looking at Burst of Speed as a talent for this boss. There are a lot of periods of running around in this fight (during phase 2). You will energy cap during these periods, as they can last for awhile (phase 2 running back can take awhile, especially if you hit a tornado). Shadowstep works to get you to the boss when close, but overall, burst of speed may be the better option
-Cloak of Shadows does not prevent tornados from grabbing you
-Room wide aoe in phase 2 is feintable

Grand Empress Shek'zeer
-Feint works for Cry of Terror, Sonic Discharge, Dread Screech Waves, Sha Energy, and Visions of Demise
-Vanish will not remove Fixate debuff. However, it will cause the adds to aggro on someone else. This may be a bug. You want to be careful about using vanish, as it could cause someone else to end up getting hit
-Feint works for Dispatch
-Sonic Blade can be dodged. Consider using Evasion if you have to "tank" one
-Sticky Resin does not appear to have a way to reduce/ignore damage. Feint does not work to reduce damage taken and Cloak of Shadows cannot prevent damage nor can it prevent getting debuff
-Hive Bomb can be feint to reduce damage or Cloak'ed to immune damage
-Poison Fumes does not scale with assassination mastery

Garalon
-Feint reduces damage of basically all boss skills (Furious Swipe, Frush, Pheromones, and Pheronome Trail)
-Boss does not appear to auto attack in normal and can be "Tanked" with 2 rogues or a normal tank&rogue, at least in 10 man

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok:
-This seems like another fight where I think Burst of Speed will be really helpful. During the first 60%, the boss moves platforms and you have to run to them. Sprint should be back up for every move, but the extra speed may not be a bad choice for this
-Sonic ring is Feintable
-Force and Verve is Feintable
-Has a very large hitbox, you can continue attacking while moving to avoid sonic rings. Sonic Rings come out in a spiral form. Find and opening and run in a circle around the boss, staying in the voids. You can back away from the boss a good distance and still hit him.
-Another fight were Blade Flurry seems to have a place. You can use BF as an effect way to break MC's

Wind Lord Mel'jarak:
-Blade Flurry is amazing for this fight, absolutely amazing. Enough said...
-Ring of Blades is Feintable
-Fok and Mind Numbing Poison were recommended to help slow cast to ensure interrupts on Zar'thik Battle-Menders
-Glyph of Sap does work on adds (increasing duration to 3 minutes)
-Feint works to reduce the damage on Amber Pools
-Rogue stuns (and therefore stuns in general) will force the boss to cc wipe. Be careful not to use stun abilites/gouge to interrupt by accident

Mogu'Shan Vaults:

Elegon:
-Feint works for Discharge and appears to work for Unstable Energy, but the second needs more testing
-Cloak of Shadows does NOT work for Total Annihilation, but feint does work to reduce damage
-Versatility may be a good talent choice due to target swapping
-Glyph of deadly momentum works on Energy Sparks
-Some players recommend using shadowstep on other raid members to quickly reset stack
-Do not shadowstep/killing spree to an Empyreal Focus, it will cause you to take damage
-Be careful using killing spree on sparks as it may port you to boss (assuming intention is single target on sparks)
-Cloak does not remove healing debuff
-Empyreal Focus Damage is not cloakable
-Blade Flurry will briefly hit sparks if you are using Elegon as your target

Heroic

Feng the Accursed:
-Feint works for Epicenter
-Cloak of Shadows works for Epicenter, removing the debuff and preventing damage
-Cloak does NOT remove Wildfire Spark debuff. Ensure that you are away from melee when the timer expires
-Feint and Cloak reduce/immune damage from: Wildfire Infusion, Arcane Velocity, Arcane Resonance
-May want to consider taking the ranged attack, as you are most likely forced out of the middle during epicenter if you get Arcane Resonance
Heroic
-Glyph of Deadly Momentum does not appear to work on Soul Fragments

Gara'jal
-Cross Over does not seem to be mitigated by damage reduction, but remains a static 30% regardless of CD use
-Cloak of Shadows will NOT save you from Soul Sever
-Glyph of Deadly Momentum works on adds
-You can redirect from adds to boss
-Smoke bomb works to prevent adds from targeting players

Heroic

The Spirit Kings
-You can stun sleight of hands. If you stun around .1 second, he will be stunned until the buff fades
-Cowardice is cloakable and will not be applied for full cloak duration
-Maddening Shout is cloakable

Heroic
-There is a lot of Blade Flurry opportunity on this fight (between boss changes and Pinning Arrow)
-Fan of Knives works well to break Maddening Should, but poisons will persists on players
-Mind Numbing Poison does not work
-Only use glyph of kick if you are SURE you can land the kick every time (when attempting to use less than 3 interrupters)
-Shiv works to remove Delirious
-Feint and Combat readiness work for Massive attacks (which hits 360 degress around the boss)
-Sleight of Hand doesn't apply the debuff when the boss is stunned. Consider saving up a 5cp Kidney Shot + Revealing strike to allow everyone to continue dpsing. Cheap shot when Kidney Shot falls to keep the boss stunned for the entire duration. Be sure to stop attack boss until a stun has gone through so you don't get the debuff
-Shadow Blades and Blade Flurry will trigger all shields
-You can Shadowstep through Flanking Orders
-Rupture/RvS/debuffs are removed on shield cast

The Stone Guard
-Blade Flurry, oh how I love thee.... You will almost always be able to use Blade Flurry on this fight
-Overload damage (from any of the guardians) can be feint to reduce damage or cloak'ed to immune damage
-Feint does NOT reduce the damage of Amethyst Pool or Jasper Chains
-Cloak of Shadows removes Amethyst Pool debuff (and prevents the damage)
-Cloak of Shadows immunes Jasper Chains damage
-You can use cloak and "trigger" cobalt traps to make life easier on you and the raid. Be careful not to trigger it on anyone
Heroic
-Feint and Cloak work to reduce/prevent damage from Jade Shards and Cobalt Mine Blast

Will of the Emperor
-Crippling Poison and Shiv seem very good for Emperor's Courage mobs
-Vanish will cause Focused Assault to drop aggro and target someone else
-Opportunistic Strike cannot be modified by any in-game buff/debuff (i.e. Vendetta)
-Opportunistic strike does not benefit from any applied damage modifier (i.e Vendetta, BG, Find Weakness, Expose Armor, etc.) However, it does appear that 4% physical may play a role in the damage. The mode normal mode value was 520,000, but we experienced some hits of 500k. These appeared to happen to all players at the same time. I am not sure how it would have dropped, but that jump from 500k to 520k is exactly 4%.
-Be careful not to Killing Spree right after you gain Opportunistic Strike, you will lose the buff before you finish.
-Feint appears to reduce the damage of Devistating Arc

Heroic
-Feint reduced damage of the following: Energy of Creation, Energizing Smash, Titan Gas, Devastating Arc
-Cloak of Shadows prevents damage taken from Energy of Creation
-Titan Sparks: if you are going to soak them, elusiveness/feint combo is enough to survive 1 (reduces the damage to 262,500), but if you are hitting more than one, you should cloak of shadows to immune the damage.
-Recommended talents (if you are not focusing on the boss): Shadowstep if on adds, otherwise Prep, Elusiveness, Versatility

Protectors of Endless:
-Mind-numbing poisons does NOT apply on the bosses
-Boss may be bugged. When interrupted during testing, they started hitting melee and the hits were usually hard than the casts that were interrupted. You may want to hold off on interrupting the boss.
-Use shadowstop during Corrpupted Water and hold Vendetta/Shadowdance until after switch (if it comes off CD when you know a switch is coming).
Feint works with Expelled Corruption
-Cloak of Shadows works for Overwhelming Corruption. It both removes stack and immunes damage. Feint also works to reduce damage.
-Cloak of Shadows and Feint both work for Lightning Storm

Lei Shi
-Cloak of Shadows does NOT prevent Spray damage.
-Feint works on "Get Away!"
-Feint works on Spray
-Poisons are wiped when she hides, but FoK works to find her
-Feint works during her Hide phase to reduce spray damage. Consider keeping feint up in case the boss targets you
-Vendetta does not reveal her when she hides

Tsulong:
-Ustable Sha's can be stunned and interrupted
-Cloak of Shadows works on Fright
-Cloak of Shadows does NOT clear debuff or prevent damage, but feint does work
-Feint does not work for Nightmares

Sha of Fear:
-Consider taking Burst of Speed for this boss. It will help with moving to Beam of Light and for collecting orbs.
-Get in the Wall of Light when the boss is around 90 energy.
-If you are behind the boss, you can begin moving around 85 energy and make it in time. If you are on the adds, I suggest you being moving around 75-80 if you have a movement speed off cd. If you do not have a movement speed off cd, you should consider moving a little earlier.
-Feint "MAY" work on Breath of Fear (thought it worked for me, but other testing claims otherwise). You can survive staying on an add with just Feint, but it will hurt. If you are not very good at doding the Penetrating Bolts, you may want to move in anyway.
-Cloak of Shadows prevents all damage and fear effect of Breath of Fear, but needs to be used before boss begins to cast (at 100 energy he casts). Try to keep cloak for when you are on adds
-Cloak of Shadows does NOT work for Ominous Cackle
-Cloak of Shadows works to immune damage of Penetrating Bolt, as well as remove stacks. Feint also works. I recommend that you save Cloak for Breath of Fear and only use it for bolts if you are about to die.
-On the adds platform, the add will not engage until you step in the purple liquid. Orbs will return you to 100 energy
Crossbowmen:
-Feint appears to work for Dread Spray. The spray can also be dodged, so evasion will be useful here. Cloak of Shadows will reset your stack, but does not prevent damage.
-Feint and Evasion work for Death Blossum
-Shoot can be dodged, but it is better to hold cooldowns for Dread Spray
-Sha Globe damage cannot be reduced/immuned, do not waste cooldowns on these

World Bosses:

Sha of Anger:

Galleon: (This is listed in Heart of Fear?? lol, I know it is a world boss, so it goes here!)

#3 NetRollTUZ

NetRollTUZ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

Common:
In every fight Glyph of Feint and Elusiveness is very recommended. Also Elusiveness reduce total AoE damage taken with Feint by 65% (1-(1-0.3)*(1-0.5)=0.65).

Heart of Fear:

Amber-Shaper Un'sok:
Versatility recommended - too much target swaps on this boss.
Parasitic Growth - can be cloacked.
Amber Explosion - Feint'ing helps a lot.
Massive Stomp - Feint'ing reduce damage taken and Shadowstep help come back immediatly.
Living Amber - can not be stunned/slowed, but detonation damage after ooze dying can be Feint'ed.

Blade Lord Ta'yak:
Unseen Strike - Feint and Combat Readiness reduces damage taken.
Tempest Slash - Damage Feint'able.
Storm Unleashed - Damage can be reduced by Feint, but... you must use Feint and only then jump into tornado :)

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok:
Sonic Ring - Feint'able.
Force and Verve - Feint'able.

Wind Lord Mel'jarak:
Rain of Blades - Feint'able.
Whirling Blade - not tested.
Corrosive Resin - not tested.
Kor'thik Strike - Elusiveness + Combat Readiness combo reduce damage taken fine.
Zar'thik Battle-Mender - FoK with Mind-numbing Poison very helpful for interrupts.

Mogu'Shan Vaults:

Elegon (I skipped this boss, just checked guild combat-log):
Discharge - Feint reduce damage taken.
Total Annihilation - Cloak of Shadows do NOT help. But Feint reduce damage (need more logs for sure).
Unstable Energy - Looks like Feint reduce damage taken, but need more logs for sure.
Stability Flux - not tested.

Gara'jal
Cross Over - "Feint (Elusiveness)" and "Cloak of Shadows" do NOT reduce/prevent damage taken. Still 30% from current HP.
Voodoo Dolls - Feint with Elusiveness very helpful for healers.
Soul Sever - "Cloak of Shadows" do NOT saves your life. You must be healed to 100%.

Will of the Emperor - need more tests.
Emperor's Courage - Crippling Poison + Shiv very helpful on this mob.

Protectors of Endless:
Mind-numbing Poison - does NOT apply on these bosses.
In test, if you interrupt Lightning Bolt or Water Bolt - interrupted boss will start hitting melee and harder than casts (BUG?). So we do not interrupt them currently =\
Corrupted Waters - use Shadowstep on every switch. Do not waste Vendetta/Shadowdance if you switch soon and get buff.
Expelled Corruption - Feint reduces damage.
Overwhelming Corruption - "Cloak of Shadows" removes debuff stacks and prevents damage. Feint reduce damage taken.
Lightning Storm - "Cloak of Shadows" prevents damage taken. Feint reduce it.

Tsulong:
Unstable Sha - can be stunned and cast Unstable Bolt must be interrupted.
Fright - can be cloacked and interrupted.
Dread Shadows - "Cloak of Shadows" does NOT clear debuff stacks and does NOT prevent damage taken. But Feint still reduce damage taken.
Nightmares - Looks like Feint does NOT reduce damage taken (not AoE).

Most of the skills in reality inflict damage to a completely different than indicated on wowhead. But the description of the game has not changed - only the numbers.
And some skills popup tooltip does not match the contents of the link. With the obvious absurdity tooltip (outdated description) - just click on the link on the site description is correct.

#4 NetRollTUZ

NetRollTUZ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

Lei Shi:
Very undertuned boss. Was mindlessly killed, after trash-mobs, so some abilities not tested yet.
Spray - "Cloak of Shadows" doesn't prevents damage taken, but clears debuff stacks.
Get Away! - "Feint" reduces damage taken. "Cloak of Shadows" does not tested.

Sha of Fear:
Wall of Light - you must be in it on ~90 boss energy... When I try run in on 94+ energy - I was feared. At start of the fight, you will attack boss from behind, so need start running into Wall of Ligh at 80 energy.
Breath of Fear - "Cloak of Shadows" prevents all damage and fear effect. Just use it before 100 boss energy (~at 95+). Usually will be used when you killing second add, if you still on boss platform. "Feint" does not reduces damage taken (not AoE), only "Elusiveness" part works.
Eerie Skull - "Feint" reduces damage taken and "Cloak of Shadows" prevents damage taken.
Ominous Cackle - "Cloak of Shadows" do not prevents that, so don't care.
Penetrating Bolt - "Feint" reduces damage taken. "Cloak of Shadows" clears debuff and prevents damage taken.

Crossbowmens - can be "Dismantled", but only visual. Nothing changes, he still shooting. (BUG?)
Dread Spray - "Feint" reduces damage taken. "Cloak of Shadows" clears debuff stacks, but don't prevents damage taken. Can be "Dodged", so "Evasion" can helps.
Death Blossom - "Feint" reduces damage taken. Can be "Dodged", so use "Evasion" !
Shoot - Can be dodged. If your tank dies and crossbowman switches on you - use "Evasion" + "Battle Readiness" + "Feint (Elusiveness)" before somebody ressurect him. Average Shoot damage taken (for you) without cooldows ~100k/sec.
Sha Globe - "Feint" does not reduces damage taken (25k). "Cloak of Shadows" does not interfere to collect the balls.

Most of the skills in reality inflict damage to a completely different than indicated on wowhead. But the description of the game has not changed - only the numbers.

#5 NetRollTUZ

NetRollTUZ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Heart of Fear:

Garalon:
"Feint" reduces damage of all boss skills: Furious Swipe, Crush, Pheromones and Pheromone Trail.
This boss has not auto attacks in normal difficulty and can be "tanked" with 2 rogues or normal tank + rogue, but only in 10 ppl.

#6 Nerio

Nerio

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok:

Hitbox is very large. When sonic rings come out, they come out in the form of a spiral. You can back away from him and rotate with the spiral while still being able to dps safely.

Blade Flurry is a very effective way to break mind controlled targets, provided they are in melee range.

#7 sinnaa

sinnaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

In the process of adding these updates and should have them added within a day or two.

I have personally tested ~ 1/2 the bosses and will add anything I can think of to the list as I go, but more updates are always welcome :-)

We end up killing most bosses before I really get to test much :-\

#8 Brunix

Brunix

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

Heart of Fear

Blade Lord Ta'yak
The damage in Phase two is a room wide aoe and is feintable.
Cloak does not prevent being picked up by a tornado.
With a sprint up I was able to jump through tornadoes without being picked up.
Once in range shadowstep will allow you to get on the boss faster but Burst of Speed will likely be the best option.

Wind Lord Mel'jarak
Glyph of Sap increases the duration to 3 minutes and is a MUCH better option for the initial CC than Impale. During our attempts I was sapping the target that we would leave un-cc'd after the first pack fell. The initial sap lasted more than long enough for our raid to kill the first pack.
Amber pool damage can be feinted (didn't test cloak).
The CC wipe ability from the boss can be activated by Gouge, Kidney Shot, Blind, and Cheap Shot. Be careful not to trigger it accidentally.

Mogu'shan Vaults

Feng The Accursed
Epicenter is feintable.
Initially I was thinking we could pull a Morchok and just soak Epicenter with Feint but it reduces our chance to hit as well. Shurikens may even be viable because of epicenter and the fact that you will probably be forced out of melee range if you get Arcane Resonance.
Arcane Velocity is feintable.
Arcane Resonance is feintable (didn't test if cloak wiped debuff).

Elegon
Versatility makes the constant target switching on this fight much easier to deal with (especially the orb killing phase).

Terrace of Endless Spring

Lei Shi
Poisons get wiped when she hides so FoK is the only way we can do any damage to find her.
During Hide she will target random raid members with Spray so try to keep feint up to reduce the damage.
Vendetta does not reveal her when she hides.

Sha of Fear
Burst of Speed is a great choice here because:
1.It helps for getting in and out of the Beam of Light.
2.It helps for collecting orbs during the crossbowmen phase because you have infinite energy.

#9 sinnaa

sinnaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

I believe all comments to this point have been added to the list. If I overlooked your comment, please send me a PM with the information and I will update accordingly.

#10 NetRollTUZ

NetRollTUZ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Mogu'Shan Vaults

Will of the Emperor:
Feint reduces damage taken from: Energy of Creation, Energizing Smash, Titan Gas, Devastating Arc.
Cloak of Shadows prevents damage taken from Energy of Creation.

Due to the fact that the mobs die too quickly recommend playing Combat. For killing small mobs extremely useful Blade Flurry, and the relatively small cooldown for Killing Spree and Adrenaline Rush greatly simplifies killing of "Emreror's Courage".

Most of the "Titan Sparks" is much more profitable to detonate, rather than killing by DPS. Use Feint (+Elusiveness) to blow up single spark, and the Cloak for the detonation of twin sparks.

Required talents (if you're not DPS any boss):
Shadowstep - in the battle too frequent change of targets and extra mobility is extremely useful.
Elusiveness - allows to reduce damage taken during detonation "Titan Spark" to 262500.
Versatility - is vital to save a large amount of damage with frequent changes of target. Mobs die too fast =\

#11 Brunix

Brunix

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

The Spirit Kings

-The fight has a lot of Blade Flurry opportunity from new bosses coming out (every last 10% of the previous boss) and Pinning Arrow.
-Fan of Knives works well to break people out of Maddening Shout but poisons and bleeds persist on friendly players.
-Mind numbing didn't work on any of the bosses.
-Glyph of Kick is viable if you are confident that you will land every interrupt. Otherwise a 3 player interrupt rotation works well.
-Delirious can be shived off of the boss.
-Massive Attacks hits 360 degrees around the boss, can be feinted, and activates Combat Readiness.
-Sleight of Hand doesn't apply the debuff when the boss is stunned so saving up a 5pt Kidney + Revealing Strike will allow everyone to continue dpsing. Adding cheap shot will let you stun the boss for the entire duration. If cheap shot is not available, coordinate with any other player with a 3 second stun. Be sure to stop attacking the boss until a stun has gone through so you don't get the debuff.

#12 13a5ti

13a5ti

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok:

Feint works for Exhale.
Cloak and Feint work for Pheromones of Zeal.

#13 NetRollTUZ

NetRollTUZ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Heart of Fear:

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok:
Sonic Pulse - Feintable.

Blade Lord Ta'yak:
Wind Step and Unseen Strike deals physical damage so Glyph of Cloak of Shadows recommended.
Because you must waste on boss Blind and Dismantle before Convert, I recommend to choose talent Dirty Tricks, this is saves a bit of energy.
Confirm 13a5ti post.

Amber-Shaper Un'sok:
Feint also works on Amber Scalpel and Burning Amber. Useful only if you lagged hard.

Grand Empress Shek'zeer:
Feint works on: Cry of Terror, Sonic Discharge, Dread Screech Waves, Sha Energy, Visions of Demise.

Set'thik Windblade:
Fixate - Vanish does not remove debuff, but mob leaves you and goes on aggro table. (BUG?)
Dispatch - Feint reduce damage taken.
Sonic Blade - you can dodge it, so Evasion can helps.
Sticky Resin - Feint does not reduce damage taken. Cloak cannot prevent damage taken and prevent getting debuff.

Kor'thik Reaver:
Toxic Hivebomb - Feint reduce damage taken and Cloak prevents it.
Toxic Slime - not tested.
Poison Fumes - does not scale with assasination mastery.

Mogu'Shan Vaults:

The Stone Guard:
Feint reduce and Cloak prevents damage taken from: Any Overload (Jasper/Cobalt/Jade/Ametyst), Jade Shards, Cobalt Mine Blast.
Amethyst Pool - Feint does NOT reduce damage taken, but Cloak removes bebuff (prevents damage).
Jasper Chains - Feint does NOT reduce damage taken, but Cloak prevents damage taken.
Combat is without a rival, because all the time you can DPS two dogs.

Feng The Accursed:
Epicenter - Cloak removes debuff and prevents damage taken.
Wildfire Spark - Cloak does NOT removes debuff.
Feint reduce and Cloak prevents damage taken from: Wildfire Infusion, Arcane Velocity, Arcane Resonance.

Will of the Emperor:
Focused Assault - after Vanish mob leaves you and goes on aggro table.
Opportunistic Strike - damage does not benefit from Vendetta or any other ingame buffs/debuffs.

#14 sinnaa

sinnaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks as always, updated.

#15 Lumen222

Lumen222

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

The Spirit Kings
-Massive Attacks hits 360 degrees around the boss, can be feinted, and activates Combat Readiness.

My experience with this fight was this was not the case. If you are directly behind the boss you will not be hit by the ability and will not share the damage. However the attack is very wide and could be more in the 270 degree range, which would account for the discrepancy in what we are observing. This may also be the result of the fight changing on beta between tests and tuning, of course.

#16 kindath

kindath

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Any tips on killing sparks on Elegon as each spec? I find I'm running out of cooldowns as combat to kill them.

Assassination looks ideal for this fight, between the high damage execute phase and low rampup time on the sparks, but I don't have a good dagger to mutilate with.

#17 blubderapo

blubderapo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hey kindath,

Assassination isn't just looking good for this fight, it is!
I'm running with 2x and did well on the sparks and on Elegon.
Because the Boss is lacking the ability to move, we melees have a longer way to reset the debuff. I made a quick macro to Shadowstep behind one of my healers, who stands on the edge of the inner circle (last phase). I simply step to him and reach the stack resetting zone.
just try to /target <healer>, /cast Shadowstep, /target Elegon

And of course, don't use dots on sparks ;)

Edit: Tell this Healer he has to stand perfectly on the edge

#18 Fae

Fae

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Killed him as Combat (I think it has the least ramp-up). Generally, this worked pretty well. But of course, every attempt was slightly different - lucky procs, help from a friend, going with less stacks, etc.
  • Nothing, just hit it.
  • Pooling energy before swap.
  • Pooling energy before swap, making sure SnD is up.
  • Redirect few CPs from the boss.
  • Killing Spree.
  • Adrenaline Rush - to use remaining duration back on the boss.

#19 Hamsda

Hamsda

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

You should maybe ask a DPS instead. Speaking from personal experience, we healers may need to move slightly into the ring to reach a tank, but DPS will always stand right at the edge :)

/cast [@<Playername>,nodead][@<Playername2>] Shadowstep
will give you a backup player to step to and let you keep your target. Not that it matters that much since you can't attack when you reset your debuffs anyways, I just don't really like /target macros because they sometimes can screw things up.
There are only 10 types of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.

#20 Guest_Abadawn_*

Guest_Abadawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm finding around 10k dps on the Charges by doing the following as mutilate:

• During transition, get a 5CP Rupture up on Elegon, so that it applies as soon as he transitions and spawns the first Energy Charge
  • On charge spawn, I'd mutilate and if I had 2 CP I'd rupture, if I had 3 CP I'd go for another Muti and Envenom.
  • I used no cooldowns on charges
  • I would only feint if I killed my charge earlier than the others, and then I'd swap right back to the Elegon after clearing stacks
  • I'd try and keep a rupture going on Elegon if I was above 60% energy between phases, but I wasn't usually able to get a 5 CP rupture up after the initial two sparks without gimping my energy for the charge spawns
  • I'd save any blindside procs on Elegon to use on the charges. Usually you can get a quick 1 CP rupture up on the charges if you hold a Blindside.
  • I used redirect from Elegon -> Charge on our 3rd wave as I usually didn't have time to use it on a 4th or 5th.

Additionally, while this is kinda separate, if your raid has any DKs and your damage on charges seems low, make sure they are glyphing pestilence as they can spread their diseases to all charges as soon as they spawn - if one of them is frost you'll get the additional physical damage taken on these which helps, and a vengeance stacked blood DK can do some pretty crazy damage to Charges.

Also glyph of Vendetta is a DPS increase on Elegon. I was holding my Shadow Blades to line up with it, and I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not, but I think getting the two cooldowns to lineup for the final burn is worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users