• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Abadawn_*

Guest_Abadawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

Some other talent/ability useage info I was using on some bosses:

Feng the Accursed:

During his lightning phase, I'd stay for the first epicenter that we were not using the Immune Bubble for, and cloak after the first tick of damage.
My raid stacks on a ranged spot for Epicenter, I tried using Shuriken throw here, which raised my DPS during epicenter, but I felt like I was missing out on more CPs than I was generating over the rest of the fight.
During epicenters where I didn't have cloak, I'd be stacked on range and make sure I had tricks line up for this time and was using it on our highest DPS range, and I would throw daggers for pretty minimal damage and shadowstep back to the boss as soon as his cast stopped.

Will of the Emperor:
I started this fight on Courage/Strength/Rage/Boss priority before being moved to the boss fulltime, but on the Rages/Strengths unless there was 6+ targets in FoK range, I found that I did more damage getting a few low CP ruptures on three targets and single targeting them down.

Also probably worth noting that if you're late and running to a courage, you can shadowstep to them even if their shield is facing you.

#22 EastonS

EastonS

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Will of the emperor
A system we used for this guy was to have me tank the Strengths as much as possible. People that were kiting a rage would run in a circle around me and allow me to cleave whilst DPSing the strength. The ranged guys found they liked doing this most and it suited me just fine...

#23 blubderapo

blubderapo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Will of the emperor
A system we used for this guy was to have me tank the Strengths as much as possible. People that were kiting a rage would run in a circle around me and allow me to cleave whilst DPSing the strength. The ranged guys found they liked doing this most and it suited me just fine...

Jeah we did this too. I am the Raidlead and I found myself in a very good position for tanking the Strenght Mobs.
Actually we just played this encounter with just 1 melee in a 10 man group.

#24 káyl

káyl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Gara'jal: Smoke bomb works on shadowbolts from adds in shadow realm. Anyone not in it will be destroyed though. Glyph it to make it 7 seconds and a powerful defensive cooldown for once

Spirit Kings: Cowardice (damage reflection) can be cloaked and won't reapply until cloak runs out. Maddening Shout can be cloaked (immune only?). 5cp RvS kidney gives you an 8 second stun, Sleight of Hand is 9 seconds. Talent Prey on the Weak for extra deeps.

Come on guys, keep the heroic tips and tricks flowing!

#25 bi0bi0

bi0bi0

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Gara'jal: Smoke bomb works on shadowbolts from adds in shadow realm. Anyone not in it will be destroyed though. Glyph it to make it 7 seconds and a powerful defensive cooldown for once

Spirit Kings: Cowardice (damage reflection) can be cloaked and won't reapply until cloak runs out. Maddening Shout can be cloaked (immune only?). 5cp RvS kidney gives you an 8 second stun, Sleight of Hand is 9 seconds. Talent Prey on the Weak for extra deeps.

Come on guys, keep the heroic tips and tricks flowing!

Will of the Emporer Heroic
No Idea why so many Rogues specced into Cheat Death for this Fight, i realy recommend Elusiveness. You can easily soak the Titan Sparks (sidenote: you can play the Encounter with only 2 Tanks and if you have enough Melees Sticking at the Boss, a Rogue will perform better on the Strength than a Tank), keep the Titan Gas Dmg very low (5k ticks instead of 15k, remind its perma up in Heroic) and it also lowers the Damage if you fail @ the Devastating Combo that you wont die if you fail again.

Elegon
-Feint+Elusiveness is great against the Total Annilation (?) from the Celestial Protector, with some external Support (Shield etc.) you wont get stunned.
-Blade Flurry hits the Energy Charges when they spawn

Spirit Kings
-Sleight of Hand is only 8 seconds, you can stun @ 0.1 left from the cast and he will be stunned until the Buff fades
-Shadow Blades and Blade Flurry count both as Special Ability and will trigger all Shields
-They remove all Debuffs when they cast their Shield so Rupture/Rvs should be applied right
- You can Shadowstep through the Flanking Orders

#26 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Any tips on killing sparks on Elegon as each spec? I find I'm running out of cooldowns as combat to kill them.

Assassination looks ideal for this fight, between the high damage execute phase and low rampup time on the sparks, but I don't have a good dagger to mutilate with.

It's possible to Blade Flurry them. If you mange to get 5 CP up on Elegon, position yourself (nearly) perfectly it's possible to Eviscerate your Spark as soon as it spawns. After that you should be able to kill it with auto attacks.

You can also try it with Versatility instead of Anticipation. Should be cake with Versatility but it's obviously a DPS loss once you hit the last phase.

Now onto the topic:

The Stone Guard:

Cobalt Guardian:

- If you're extremely unlucky with his Phase you can just use Cloak and trigger some traps to make life for your raid easier.

Elegon:

- It's not possible to cloak the healing debuff.

- The damage from the Empyreal Focus is not cloakable but you can get lucky and walk trough between the "ticks" of damage they deal.

#27 Omanko

Omanko

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

Also Elegon: Shadowstepping to an Empyreal Focus puts you in fire, meaning you will likely die. Haven't tested Killing Spree, but it's likely equally dangerous.

#28 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Haven't tested Killing Spree, but it's likely equally dangerous.

I can confirm that it will kill you most of the time.

#29 diodiablo

diodiablo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

It's better to use KS on the last spark or on Elegon itself, the empyreal foci aren't good cd targets anyway. On the other hand, ShS could be useful to move across the fire walls, if you need to do it simply target a raid member, as ShS can be used also on friendly targets.

#30 Orises

Orises

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Heroic Feng: Glyph of Deadly Momentum does not seem to work on the "soul fragments" which spawn during his Essence of the Shield phase. Maybe I got really unlucky with getting KB's on them during all the wipes, but I doubt it.

Gara'jal: Glyph of Deadly Momentum works on the adds in the spirit realm on Gara'jal. You can also re-direct from these adds (dead or still alive) back to the boss once you use your special action button to exit the spirit realm.

Elegon: Glypg of Deadly Momentum works on Energy Sparks. Shadow stepping to an Empyreal Focus can (always will?) put you on top if of it and cause you to take damage. I don't advise using Killing Spree on the Energy Sparks if your intention is to use it as a single target dps CD - you will teleport all over, hitting many of them. For Sub, I pool CPs until right before they spawn then pop a CT on them all and get SV going on the one I am assigned to chase down. For Assassination, I make sure I will be leaving a rupture on Elegon when I switch to a newly spawned Spark so I have some energy regen. For all specs, you want to pool energy while waiting for Spark spawns; chasing them with 0 energy makes it hard to kill them.

Will of the Emperor: Opportunistic strike does not seem to scale with Bandit's Guile or be affected by Find Weakness/Weakened Armor. I have yet to test Vendetta, but I suspect this also will not stack. It does seem to be affected by the "Physical Vulnerability" debuff brought by DKs and Warriors, among others, and I saw several 520000 (500k * 1.04) damage hits from it.

#31 jsz

jsz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Opportunistic Strikes do not benefit from Vendetta. I initially thought they might somehow based on also seeing them hit for 520k but the 4% physical vulnerability makes up for that.

#32 sinnaa

sinnaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Should be mostly updated through this post. Major updated noted in blue.

#33 Schmoopy

Schmoopy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

For Gara'jal, I tested using feint with elusiveness tonight and it does not work to reduce damage from Voodoo Dolls.

Posted Image

This was in heroic mode granted, but I doubt that has any effect.

#34 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Voodoo Doll just transfers the damage the main target takes.

As far as I know only Absorb and Immunity effects work on the spreading damage.

#35 Schmoopy

Schmoopy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Voodoo Doll just transfers the damage the main target takes.

As far as I know only Absorb and Immunity effects work on the spreading damage.

That was what I thought as well, but then I read this on Sinnaa's first post of thread:

Gara'jal
-Feint and Elusiveness work well with Voodoo Dolls

So I decided to test it in raid last night, and verified that elusiveness + feint has no effect on voodoo doll damage.

#36 rayanne

rayanne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Elusiveness + Feint will reduce YOUR incoming damage, which would reduce the voodoo doll damage that you inflict onto other players. However, the majority of the deaths from voodoo dolls are going to be due to damage taken by the tank.

I think Cheat Death is a useful talent to have for this particular fight, especially when in the "learning stages" of heroic. There are moments (in 10m anyway) where you might get targeted by multiple shadowy minions, and subsequently nuked with damage. Cheat Death helps reduce deaths from that.

#37 sinnaa

sinnaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

That was what I thought as well, but then I read this on Sinnaa's first post of thread:

So I decided to test it in raid last night, and verified that elusiveness + feint has no effect on voodoo doll damage.

Updating and removing that portion of the post

#38 Mohzee

Mohzee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

For heroic elegon, rogues can be a soaker for total annihilation. Total annihilation is cloak immunable but not resistable. What I do is pop feint before hand just in case I mistime it.

[23:14:51.424] Kinetics gains Cloak of Shadows from Kinetics
[23:14:51.424] Kinetics casts Cloak of Shadows
[23:14:51.616] Celestial Protector Total Annihilation Kinetics Immune

Edit: After doing the boss more, cloak will not immune the stun. If you are below 80% health after immuning the Total Annihilation you will get stunned no matter what.

#39 Schmoopy

Schmoopy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Elusiveness + Feint will reduce YOUR incoming damage, which would reduce the voodoo doll damage that you inflict onto other players. However, the majority of the deaths from voodoo dolls are going to be due to damage taken by the tank.

I think Cheat Death is a useful talent to have for this particular fight, especially when in the "learning stages" of heroic. There are moments (in 10m anyway) where you might get targeted by multiple shadowy minions, and subsequently nuked with damage. Cheat Death helps reduce deaths from that.

I am still a fan of leeching poison for the shiv 5% heal on 10 (or 8 if glyphed) sec CD. Plus the persistant heal is nothing to scoff at. I guess the problem with Cheat Death (in 25 man at least) is that though it may save you from a bad gib, the other 2 voodoo dolled targets do not have this talent and will most likely die (I guess, unless you get 3 rogues voodoo'ed).

#40 Orises

Orises

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

For heroic elegon, rogues can be a soaker for total annihilation. Total annihilation and the subsequent stun is cloak immunable but not resistable. What I do is pop feint before hand just in case I mistime it.

[23:14:51.424] Kinetics gains Cloak of Shadows from Kinetics
[23:14:51.424] Kinetics casts Cloak of Shadows
[23:14:51.616] Celestial Protector Total Annihilation Kinetics Immune

If you are the only one it hits and you immune it, do you trigger Catastrophic Anomaly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users