• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#41 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

If you are the only one it hits and you immune it, do you trigger Catastrophic Anomaly?

No, he doesn't. Otherwise he wouldn't be used as a soaker, obviously.

#42 Paelli

Paelli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Prey on the weak and Nerve strike both work for subetai.

#43 Nerio

Nerio

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

For heroic elegon, rogues can be a soaker for total annihilation. Total annihilation is cloak immunable but not resistable. What I do is pop feint before hand just in case I mistime it.

[23:14:51.424] Kinetics gains Cloak of Shadows from Kinetics
[23:14:51.424] Kinetics casts Cloak of Shadows
[23:14:51.616] Celestial Protector Total Annihilation Kinetics Immune

Edit: After doing the boss more, cloak will not immune the stun. If you are below 80% health after immuning the Total Annihilation you will get stunned no matter what.

Based on experience, I can confirm this. You don't take any damage, and the raid wipe mechanic won't trigger. I'm not sure if you get stunned if you are below 80% to start off with though; I was always above 80% when I tried.

#44 Zujamar

Zujamar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Symbiosis-Growl taunt component doesn't seem to work in raids (for whatever sinister purposes you had in mind).

#45 Isebel

Isebel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Just as a minor thing, Blade Flurry could potentially be very good for Garalon pending your raid's strat and DPS.

#46 Schmoopy

Schmoopy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Symbiosis-Growl taunt component doesn't seem to work in raids (for whatever sinister purposes you had in mind).

I have used this to tank the Strength of the Emperor. I cannot verify if this works for other encounters.

#47 Hagge

Hagge

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Heart of Fear: Garalon

Cleave from legs to body is awsome, since there is a damage increase buff on the legs. The boss himself has a huge hitbox so you can BF almost from anywhere.

We had the problem that the boss was even too slow, so after killing 3 legs at the start, it's nice to have only one or two meele DPS doint the legs and cleaving on the body, while all the range damaging only the body.

#48 rayanne

rayanne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Also for Garalon:

Don't use Killing Spree at any point during this fight. It triggers a crush when you hop to the boss, even if glyphed.

#49 jAsOs

jAsOs

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I'm wondering for Garalon, if you KS when the people are swapping the pheromone debuff, would it trigger an extra crush?

#50 Guaicow

Guaicow

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Blade flurry on Garalon is indeed awesome if you position yourself well (betwen leg and boss, inside blue circle)

On Blade Lord Ta'yak, you can solotank unseen strikes with cheat death (despite things such iceblock and pally bubble not working).

#51 Orises

Orises

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

re: Garalon

I ended up soaking the swipes so the other tank could go DPS. Feint works for the swipes of course, but where rogues really shine is mitigating the pheromone damage. The swipes come about 8-10 seconds apart. With the glyph (and Elusiveness) I had a roughly 75% feint uptime and took less than half the pheromone damage than the next closest person. You can also dodge the swipes. Evasion is a nice CD for them as is CoS with the 40% physical damage reduction Glyph. The armor buff from growling via Symbiosis is also helpful. Combat Readiness didn't seem to trigger off of the swipes.

Also, BF doesn't seem to be parry-able so you can cleave a front leg to his body while backpedaling without any issues. I believe the legs to be similar to the tendons on Spine; they certainly can't parry and may not be able to dodge. Attacking the boss from the front I also got many fewer parries that I expected. I'm .1% below the dodge cap. I never saw a dodge on the body and saw sub 1% parry and blocks for auto attacks/SS/RvS. I got parried on one Eviscerate but the relatively low number of them skewed that percentage of parries higher for that specific attack.

Versatility is probably the talent to go with here as you switch back and forth between legs and the body pretty frequently unless your guild is leaving you a leg all to yourself to cleave with.

#52 rayanne

rayanne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

AMBER SHAPER:

Leeching Poison will increase your stacks during the Parasitic Growth Debuff.

The ratio of healing done to damage increase is ~8:1 (So if you get healed for 8,000 between ticks, your damage goes up by 1,000)

In the section of logs shown below, I increased my dot damage by an avg. of 931/tick. (quick and dirty spreadsheet can be found here )

The debuff can be cloaked, but I included this for completeness' sake.

Posted Image

#53 Naemesis

Naemesis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

On Blade Lord Ta'yak, you can solotank unseen strikes with cheat death (despite things such iceblock and pally bubble not working).

Even with the recent nerf to Cheat Death and similar abilities?

#54 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Heart of Fear: Blade Lord Ta'yak

Cheat Death does NOT work on Unseen Strike, you're NOT able to take one solo, it will kill you no matter what.

#55 Guaicow

Guaicow

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Heart of Fear: Blade Lord Ta'yak

Cheat Death does NOT work on Unseen Strike, you're NOT able to take one solo, it will kill you no matter what.

well... it might have been a situational bug at the time but it did work for me.

#56 rayanne

rayanne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

GRAND EMPRESS:

Feint (unglyphed) also works for Calamity!

#57 Zujamar

Zujamar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Zar'thik Battle-Mender - FoK with Mind-numbing Poison very helpful for interrupts.

The Battle-Menders appear to be immune to MNP on live (like this), though the cast time is quite manageable if your dispels keep up.

#58 Ireath

Ireath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

We had some weird and huge Blade Flurry hits last night on Amber-Shaper Un'sok. I've tried to find out what caused it, but no luck so far. At first I thought it had something to do with the Vulnerable debuff, but it seems it ran out just before the huge hit below landed.

[19:11:42.818] Minaccia's Vulnerable fades from Minaccia
[19:11:42.938] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 40335
[19:11:43.338] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 9539
[19:11:43.338] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 8159
[19:11:43.753] Minaccia Smash Amber-Shaper Un'sok 55384
[19:11:44.154] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 7536
[19:11:44.541] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 8321659
[19:11:45.388] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 11774
[19:11:45.455] Minaccia casts Amber Strike on Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Scavenging through logs still. It happened to me as well a few times, but this was the highest hit I could find.

#59 Fastfingaz

Fastfingaz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

We had some weird and huge Blade Flurry hits last night on Amber-Shaper Un'sok. I've tried to find out what caused it, but no luck so far. At first I thought it had something to do with the Vulnerable debuff, but it seems it ran out just before the huge hit below landed.

[19:11:42.818] Minaccia's Vulnerable fades from Minaccia
[19:11:42.938] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 40335
[19:11:43.338] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 9539
[19:11:43.338] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 8159
[19:11:43.753] Minaccia Smash Amber-Shaper Un'sok 55384
[19:11:44.154] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 7536
[19:11:44.541] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 8321659
[19:11:45.388] Achillees Blade Flurry Minaccia 11774
[19:11:45.455] Minaccia casts Amber Strike on Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Scavenging through logs still. It happened to me as well a few times, but this was the highest hit I could find.

Ran into this same issue last night, it seems to be caused when he's transitioning into his shield phase or when the Mutated Construct falls below 20.00% HP.

#60 EastonS

EastonS

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

I have been finding bladeflurry a little awkward during the amber shaper encounter. Cleaving from the boss to the construct in phase 1 seems to require the construct to be placed super near, but even then felt non-responsive/inconsistent.

However, cleaving from the construct to the boss seemed to work as normal. This really doesnt feel ideal though as the boss may have up to 14 stacks of the vulnerable debuff.

In phase 2 the problem felt less pronounced overall, i think because the monstrosity's larger hit box allows you to stand pretty much directly ontop of constructs once they enter melee range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users