• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#161 Warasha

Warasha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I`m currently growling on HC Spirit Kings transition on Subetai. We usually wait for the 3rd flanking orders and then bring the 1st down to 30%. I growl, redirect 5 CP and evisc right of the bat. Then I spam hemo with evasion and combat readiness up. I`ve been able to hold the boss for more than 15 seconds on few attempts.

The spell gives you a high amount of threat but it is not a real taunt. I try to keep the boss away from the raid for the first few seconds, after I apply rupture I move closer, there seems to be a problem with people holding off their AoE, which to me as a rogue is stupid since we do aoe when we only want to.

#162 rayanne

rayanne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I`m currently growling on HC Spirit Kings transition on Subetai. We usually wait for the 3rd flanking orders and then bring the 1st down to 30%. I growl, redirect 5 CP and evisc right of the bat. Then I spam hemo with evasion and combat readiness up. I`ve been able to hold the boss for more than 15 seconds on few attempts.

The spell gives you a high amount of threat but it is not a real taunt. I try to keep the boss away from the raid for the first few seconds, after I apply rupture I move closer, there seems to be a problem with people holding off their AoE, which to me as a rogue is stupid since we do aoe when we only want to.

I tried to use the "taunt" on HC Tsulong--was hoping it would pop me up to second in threat, and MT pally would drop his threat and I could take the third breath. I blew the CD while watching Omen a few times and noticed no threat gain whatsoever. I'm a little disappointed with this ability--it would have been very useful in a handful of fights. The health boost is cool, but rarely ever needed. Hopefully our symbiosis gets redesigned at some time, because I have it on me for a good number of fights since my boomkin has discovered the usefulness of CoS.

#163 The_Rhian

The_Rhian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

Quick question in regards to Sonic discharge and im not sure if this has been said/ answered so if so i am sorry for repost but do we know if Smoke Bomb will negate the effects?

#164 Valadar

Valadar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Quick question in regards to Sonic discharge and im not sure if this has been said/ answered so if so i am sorry for repost but do we know if Smoke Bomb will negate the effects?

Sonic Discharge is aoe damage, so smoke bomb would not have an effect.

#165 The_Rhian

The_Rhian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

oh duh, ty i kinda forgot about that

#166 Enzo90910

Enzo90910

Von Kaiser

• • Guide Author
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Juste learnt that while browsing forums, it seems worth mentioning: on Zor'Lok, keep Smoke Bomb on Cooldown on plateform 3 and P2, otherwise the mind-control will blow the smoke and may prevent many heals (I never had this happen to me personally, because our guild decided to switch out all melee on Heroic Zor'Lok anyway).

#167 tito149

tito149

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

I know 5.2 is on our doorstep, so this is probably a concern of the past for most, but it seems like it would be ideal to reforge out of expertise for Heroic Lei Shi because the boss is just casting the whole fight... I am not seeing dodges in the the parses out there, or am I missing something?

#168 Keorics

Keorics

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

On Lei Shen, the thunderstrike in phase one can be cloaked.

Also, the lightning puddles on the ground that spawn adds can also be cloaked, which will prevent an add from spawning. (Phase 2/transition phase)

And, Static shock can be cloaked too, which will once again negate the ability.

#169 Keorics

Keorics

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

I know 5.2 is on our doorstep, so this is probably a concern of the past for most, but it seems like it would be ideal to reforge out of expertise for Heroic Lei Shi because the boss is just casting the whole fight... I am not seeing dodges in the the parses out there, or am I missing something?

Not true. He melees, not casts. There are only a few abilities he ever casts.

#170 Mechakisc

Mechakisc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFallon NV

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Not true. He melees, not casts. There are only a few abilities he ever casts.

From Icy Veins ...

Lei Shi does not perform melee attacks. Instead, she constantly spams Spray at her current target. This deals a large amount of Frost damage to that player and all players within 2.5 yards, and adds a stacking debuff to all affected players, which increases Frost damage taken by 16% per stack, for 10 seconds.

You are perhaps thinking of someone else? Maybe Lei Shen?

#171 bromli

bromli

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Lei Shen is a 5.2 boss. Lei Shi (current tier) never melees, but the adds do. None of which even matters for reforging, as expertise effects our own melee swings, not the boss's. Parry haste went away a few years back.

#172 Hamsda

Hamsda

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

The current discussion has nothing to do with parry haste but with the fact that a casting enemy can't dodge your attacks, therefor one could reforge out of every bit of expertise and still hit every attack on Lei Shi. There have been some bosses in previous tiers where this is also true, but I can't remember them off the top of my hat.
There are only 10 types of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.

#173 tito149

tito149

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

The current discussion has nothing to do with parry haste but with the fact that a casting enemy can't dodge your attacks, therefor one could reforge out of every bit of expertise and still hit every attack on Lei Shi. There have been some bosses in previous tiers where this is also true, but I can't remember them off the top of my hat.

Yes, this is what I was after. For example, back when my guild did heroic Spine of Deathwing progression, myself and our other melee reforged out of expertise because the tendons couldn't dodge, so hey, why not reforge into other secondary stats.

#174 Rosvall

Rosvall

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I do not play the game anymore, but can still keep this updated. However, it would be really useful if you could post the 5.2 information in the correct thread. (http://elitistjerks....raid_mechanics/)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users