[Hunter] BM Shot Rotation and Haste

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kamikasi_*

Guest_Kamikasi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:38 AM

Hi, I'm a first time poster with a question about haste as BM spec.

I've been playing as BM spec for awhile and realized that haste effects, such as Rapid Fire, Berserking and the Thundering Skyfire effect, severely interfere with my shot rotation (Auto,steady, with multi and arcane weaved in).

In order to remedy this, when I just switch to a pure auto/steady rotation with no specials when haste is up. Does this result in lower overall dps or take advantage of the situation and boosts dps slightly?

I'm not sure whether to skip haste effects altogether or continue what I've been doing.

#2 khel

khel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

As BM you should not be using more than a single shot between each auto anyway (and Kill Command), or you are destroying your dps.

When stacked hastes bring your weapon speed down so fast that the GCD doesn't allow for a single shot to be used between each autoshot, then start using a shot between every other autoshot instead.

#3 orsraunia

orsraunia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:37 AM

Hi, I'm a first time poster with a question about haste as BM spec.

I've been playing as BM spec for awhile and realized that haste effects, such as Rapid Fire, Berserking and the Thundering Skyfire effect, severely interfere with my shot rotation (Auto,steady, with multi and arcane weaved in).

In order to remedy this, when I just switch to a pure auto/steady rotation with no specials when haste is up. Does this result in lower overall dps or take advantage of the situation and boosts dps slightly?

I'm not sure whether to skip haste effects altogether or continue what I've been doing.

i get pretty good results by using: <steady, arcane, auto, steady, auto, steady, auto> and KC when available.

I tried to remove arcane from the rotation, but it gave me less damage output.

But i am not using any haste effects, except rapid fire and Iaoth when it procs.
Don't know what would happen with dragonspine trophy... looking forward to test it.

#4 Guest_Kamikasi_*

Guest_Kamikasi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

I think you misunderstood my rotation, Khel. I place a special in between auto shots and kill command is used whenever its up. I'm sorry but your answer didn't address my question.

In order to fix haste clipping an auto shot, just use a special after every other? I don't see how that helps dps,

When all my hastes procs, an auto/steady shot rotation is still possilbe, but does that hurt dps or boost it. I'm debating whether to skip haste altogether, since it doesn't allow for a full shot rotation.

My Full shot rotation <No haste> is (auto>steady>multi>auto>steady>auto>steady>arcane) with KC whenever its up
Shot rotation <all Haste procs> (auto>steady>auto>steady) KC whenever

An arcane shot could be placed in the full haste rotation? without any problems?

Thanks for the input, orsraunia.

#5 vorda

vorda

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

Maybe this would be better asked/answered here http://elitistjerks....ead.php?t=11420 ?

edit: just to clarify, you might want to read http://elitistjerks....ead.php?t=12983 first.

#6 Greybone

Greybone

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

This topic is a bit too specific I think, and covered better elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users