• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 Omanko

Omanko

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Bug or not, does it change our current rotation? Blowing CT with 5 CP + 2 Anticipation would make it generate FOUR combo points - would that be enough to make it a part of our standard single-target rotation?

#62 Jiigeri

Jiigeri

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Tried to look for info about Garalon in Heart of Fear but couldn't find any.

Anyways, blade flurry does hit the boss when killing the legs and killing spree will get you killed.

edit: BF seems to only hit when you position yourself to the side closer to boss

#63 Naggert

Naggert

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Heya guys. Poisons have changed in MOP. Earlier on each weapon would trigger an individual poison and have it stack.

Quote:
Has a 30% (increased by assassination spec to 50%) to apply a DoT effect (unaffected by haste, but affected by your melee crit chance) to the target that deals nature damage to the target over 12 seconds. No longer stacks. Only applies one DoT. Subsequent applications will refresh the duration of the DoT and deal nature damage.

This 30% to apply poisons, is it calculated from both weapon speeds or just one? Which? Does it mean it's still viable for combat rogues to have a fast OH to refresh the duration and deal nature damage?
Or could we in theory be using two 2.6 speed weapons?

There is no doubt about having a slow weapon in MH. Due to KS, SS and MHG.

EDIT:
I found this on combat potency:
Combat Potency
Gives your successful off-hand melee attacks and Main Gauche attacks a chance to generate 15 Energy. Slower off-hand weapons have a proportionally higher chance to trigger Combat Potency.

Do we have any calculations on whats best in OH? Fast or slow

#64 snowman2050

snowman2050

Franky says Relax!

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationHarrogate, UK

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Do we have any calculations on whats best in OH? Fast or slow

The below is taken from the first page of the combat guide.

OFFHAND ONLY: 1.8s daggers, and 2.6s axe/fist/sword/mace are exceptionally close in performance. However, 2.6s weapons appear to have a fraction of a % of an advantage. Try to keep a 1.8s dagger around for when you can't use Killing Spree optimally.

No Longer playing WoW - But feel free to find and join me over at http://www.talkgeek.net/

US & EU gaming community.

//Niknaks

#65 Naggert

Naggert

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

The below is taken from the first page of the combat guide.

Duh. I'm not as bright as I wanted to be... Yeah of course. I actually read this on several occasions. Sorry for reading stuff several times and then forgetting it 2 mins later.

Still, do you know how poisons are applied? Is it just a 30% chance as long as autoattacks are running? Or is it like 30% of hits landing on the target?

#66 snowman2050

snowman2050

Franky says Relax!

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationHarrogate, UK

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

As far as I am aware it is only Wound Poison that is still on a PPM mechanic, all others have a fixed chance to hit, special attacks can also deliver your poison applications along with auto attacks.

No Longer playing WoW - But feel free to find and join me over at http://www.talkgeek.net/

US & EU gaming community.

//Niknaks

#67 bural

bural

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Recently got back to the game after calling it quits on Lich King, so excuse me if I'm a bit rusty.
I figured I might as well break out the trusty old battle chicken and see what's what. Considering I originally put it in the bank during progression in icc as the Battle Squawk provided by the chicken was hotfixed to not stack with Icy Talons/WF, the results shown in the pictures below were somewhat surprising to me. Specifically, I seem to recall the buff was removed when more powerfull effects were present. Moreover, I browsed through the old thread and noticed a couple of reports stating the chicken would nolonger attach boss level mobs. As you can see from the pictures below (naked troll with 10% haste from Swiftblade's Cunning, naked troll with Battle Squawk 5% attack speed+10% Swiftblade's Cunning = 15.5% haste), Battle Squawk very much stacks with Swiftblade's Cunning (and it does so in a non-additive way?). I've used it in raids, seen it attack bosses and the buff stays up for the full duration. Additionally, it seems as though the chicken will now always cast Battle Squawk assuming you can keep it alive, whereas previously it was only once in every 4 uses or so.

Now, given my rusty-ness I figured I'd ask if there's something obvious I'm missing or if this little beauty just became the single most important thing to do pre-pull.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 metzli

metzli

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Can you test to see if it's still effective once SnD and Heroism are up? If it's still working at that point then I'd call it completely viable until blizz hotfixes it.

Based on those numbers though it seems to be calculated as a seperate buff than the 10% from rogue passive is multiplicative to the chicken buff (explains the extra 0.5% haste).

It's also entirely possible that this is another effect that just doesn't work in a raid zone.

#69 shadowboy813

shadowboy813

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Out of curiosity I just tested how the realPPM model of dancing steel interacts with healing events. I've seen dancing steel proc off recuperate heals.

To test this, I built 5 combo points on a dummy. Let all buffs & debuffs fall off. then used my combo points on recuperate. With only the recuperate HoT up I had gotten a dancing steel proc on more than one occasion.

Based on this, I can only assume that leeching poison heals (harder to verify, and I have not tested for that--I could test that at another point in time), can also proc dancing steel.

#70 bromli

bromli

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I just did some quick testing on dancing steel. Results are far from conclusive, but at least it's data. I cast 200 mutilates on a lv90 dummy, standing 90 degrees to it, once with no poisons, once with leeching.

No poisons:

Details for Beatrixkiddö - 28-11 13:12 - bromli's bitches - World of Logs

Leeching:

Details for Beatrixkiddö - 28-11 13:29 - bromli's bitches - World of Logs

DS procced more with LP, but windsong procced less, and these are supposed to follow the same mechanic. Clearly, the sample size is too small to say anything conclusive at all. I figured I'd throw the data up in case anyone else wants to add it to their pool.

#71 shadowboy813

shadowboy813

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

200 mutilates indeed may not be a large enough sample size. It may be better to test until you get 100 or 200 DS/WS procs and compare the number of mutilates it took. It would take longer indeed. You'd also need to test whether or not the heal of leeching poison is what is causing increased procs (if any) and not just the poison application. For that try repeating the same test using a utility poison that only puts up a debuff but doesn't create additional healing or damage events (crippling or mind numbing).

#72 Malraxxis

Malraxxis

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

I have noticed that Elemental Force is triggering off Recuperate ticks. I assume this is the same thing happening as the Dancing Steel procs mentioned.

I noticed this while doing dailies for Shieldwall. Moving from target to target while in stealth, I noticed occasionally when selecting a new target I would enter combat while still out of melee range. I tracked this down to having Recuperate up from the previous target. When I retargeted a new mob, even while out of combat, the recuperate tick would trigger Elemental Force and blast my new target from range and pull me into combat (and out of stealth).

#73 Aldriana

Aldriana

Mike Tyson

• Moderators
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Yes; all real PPM procs will exhibit this behavior; oddly, though, it doesn't appreciably increase the average number of procs you get in a real combat situation.

#74 Shougeki

Shougeki

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have noticed that Elemental Force is triggering off Recuperate ticks. I assume this is the same thing happening as the Dancing Steel procs mentioned.

Fixed last night:

Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - December 5

Item Enhancements

The Enchant Weapon: Elemental Force will no longer incorrectly activate from healing effects, and can only be triggered by damaging melee attacks or spells.

#75 Haileaus

Haileaus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

40g. Shadow Blades behaves like a strike: it can be parried/dodged but it doens't glance. Credit: Isebel 1, 2

Does this mean it uses the yellow hit table?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users