• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#41 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

I've tried to reach a point were the pet could use its basic attack on cooldown (3s) but it seems like it's impossible, even with absurd amounts of haste (1315%) your tool only go down to 3.28s.

Is it due to a possible bug or is it because pets have a slight delay before they use an ability?

With the BM profile linked above, the frequency of basic attack is 3.41. Does it mean that Frenzy/Focus Fire and Invigoration won't scale (much) with gear?

There is a known issue in game with pets where they won't send the request to use their next basic attack until after they've gotten confirmation from the server that it's off CD. So even when full on focus it won't happen more often than every 3.3 sec on average (this actually varies a bit depending on latency and stuff in game, but based on log analysis, 3.3 sec seemed a reasonable average to use for simulation).

If you wish to turn off this behavior you can check the "Don't Emulate Known Bugs" option in the settings- currently this is the only bug I support via this setting.

Well having more regen will mean you will have less basic attack delays, it'll also mean you can perform more wild hunt attacks. But there's definitely a practical limit on how much you can increase your Frenzy/Focus Fire and Invigoration. Keep in mind that when we hit 90 our regen will go down as our gear won't be as good relative to level (which means we'll need more haste rating for the same amount of haste) so it'll be harder to maintain minimum basic attack delays.

#42 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

After having mulled it over for a while, I actually think its a good thing that the pet is focus starved on damage at the beginning, that means that BM wills cale a lot better with gear upgrades than previously, as roughly half our damage will also scale and get to "do more". It also means that crit doesn't hit s cap where its value bottoms out due to GftT not being worth anything anymore, and that haste actually scales better for us that it did pre 5.0.4. While it is (urrently) still the worst of the three stats, its not as bad as it was previously due to pet scaling. (It remains the worst because apart from the passive benefit there isn't really any actual benefit aprt from a few breakpoints that reduce dead time or allow 1 more AS while delaying KC for 0.3 secons or less).

#43 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

FD seems to not be modeling AI hardcasts correctly.

In using the MM Max DPS case with a Troll, it allows 3 consecutive AI hardcasts in a row in the situation where under RF, BL, Zerk, and DBx2 since you are regening basically just over 25 focus over the about 1.1s AI cast time. It appears that FD is deducting the cost of the AI cast at the start of the cast instead of at the end allowing for part of the focus cost of the shot to be regened during the cast.

Hence, FD shows the starting focus at the 2nd and third casts to be higher than it should as shown below:

AI cast #|Start focus FD|Start focus game
1|100|100
2|75|50
3|50|25

In game in this situation, you can actually start the first AI cast at about 75 focus and be almost exactly at 100 at cast end for the first AI to result with you having 50 focus upon completion of the first AI to be able to cast the second.

Just need to update AI to not deduct its focus cost until after the cast. It seems that it has its focus cost deduct at the start of the cast like for instants. The implementation seems fine for SS and CoS though since the focus "cost" of the shots and the regens are in the same direction and in cases of focus capping, you are capped either way.

#44 Lilbitters

Lilbitters

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

FD seems to not be modeling AI hardcasts correctly.

Nice catch, you're definitely correct on this and I updated my post accordingly, taking into consideration actual focus values at the start of Aimed Shot casts during the 30ish GCD shot sequences I was examining (also happened to find an issue around the 25th GCD after the MMM AiS, AiS, AiS, SS, which would leave you short attempting to cast the next AiS as it lists).
Bitterst of <Void> on US-Mug'thol, <Ascent> on US-Thrall, and <Shadow Remains> on US-Earthen Ring
BittersUI (updated for MoP) - http://www.wowinterf...I1920x1080.html

#45 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Just need to update AI to not deduct its focus cost until after the cast. It seems that it has its focus cost deduct at the start of the cast like for instants. The implementation seems fine for SS and CoS though since the focus "cost" of the shots and the regens are in the same direction and in cases of focus capping, you are capped either way.

I see what you mean. This unfortunately will not be easy to fix as the way shots are modeled right now does not actually process the start and end casts separately. I'll have to put in a special exception to handle this issue in how the focus regen is calculated in cases where hard cast aimed is being used. I should have time this weekend to address it.

#46 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

I've made an adjustment to work around the problem Whitefyst reported with cast time shots and regen being applied at the wrong time. This should affect sims using hardcast aimed shots and any that were using powershot (which I assume also applies the charge at the end of the cast). Hopefully it should be simulating more correctly now, but please let me know if you notice any more issues. I always appreciate the detailed debugging you guys have been providing!

#47 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

I've made an adjustment to work around the problem Whitefyst reported with cast time shots and regen being applied at the wrong time. This should affect sims using hardcast aimed shots and any that were using powershot (which I assume also applies the charge at the end of the cast). Hopefully it should be simulating more correctly now, but please let me know if you notice any more issues. I always appreciate the detailed debugging you guys have been providing!

Thanks for the fix!

Unfortunately, it reduces MM numbers by about 400 to 500. I am really not liking AI for MMs now.

#48 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Just an update- I've switched over the beta version of the site to the production URL. If you still have any links or bookmarks pointing to beta.femaledwarf.com please update them to www.femaledwarf.com- the beta URL will go away in the near future.

Also, a lot of the text on the site has changed and it may be a bit before the translated versions are up to date (beyond the item names which I can grab automatically). Some of my volunteer translators for previous versions may no longer available, so if you're interested in helping to maintain one of the translations please let me know. If you're an existing translator and would like to help out again please contact me so I can get you setup.

Update: I also changed the defaults on my site for latency to 37 (which is the default setting in simulationcraft) and for Careful Aim to 7% of the fight, which probably more closely reflects reality on most fights. Existing saved settings will not be affected but new profiles will be, so be aware when comparing results.

#49 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I've been getting a lot of emails about my site missing the Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket, so I thought I should post and explain. Adding support for the trinket is rather messy because cogwheels require specialized support on my site (my current support for them only works in the helm socket). During beta I did tests on the trinket and determined it wasn't very strong relative to the other pre-raid trinkets (the blues, not the greens) so I didn't think it'd be a big problem to leave it out. However because it's so easy to get right now a lot of people are using it.

I don't know when I'll have time to add support for it, but in the meantime you can simulate the trinket by filling in the stats for your cogwheels in the custom stats section.

If you're curious about the damage the proc pet does, here's what I learned from my tests on beta (note this may have changed since I tested it):
- The pet attack does not scale with attack power
- The pet can crit but the chance is very low, so I think it has some base crit chance that doesn't scale with gear
- The pet has a melee attack on a 2 sec cast time (doesn't seem to scale with our haste) which does roughly 1338.5 dmg per hit before armor is applied
- The pet has a lightning attack on a 10 sec cooldown which seems to do on average 4996 dmg per hit
- The pet seems to proc about once a minute
- Based on the my test data it looks like on average you can expect about 17109 total damage per pet proc

#50 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Since I've gotten a few emails about it, another thing to note- currently the site is also not supporting the blue random stat items (like the ones you get from completing scenarios). I may add these in later but I'd need to figure out a good list of all the possible options and it may be a lot of work supporting them. So currently if you are wearing one of these items you can use the custom stats fields to simulate it.

#51 Draco Draco

Draco Draco

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Out of interest, after GC confirmed the bug I've been seeing since MOP went live (that explosive shot does not in any way proc toth), I was wondering if your simulator has been assuming procs off of Explosive shot with toth, or if it has been accounting for the bug and not assuming any procs? If it's the latter, then surv should see a nice bump up with toth, probably making it alot closer to dire beast in terms of output (currently I sim a 1561 dps difference)?

#52 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

My site has not been simulating the bug- so it won't affect the results.

#53 NoGoal

NoGoal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

I've just found a minor error, you use 100% hunter hit/expertise == 100% pet hit/expertise while it should be 50% hunter hit + 50% hunter expertise for pet hit/expertise.

#54 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

I've updated my site to reflect the changes to rabid in the latest hotfix. Interestingly this actually increases dps in the simulation, but I should note that my site was never able to fully calculate the value of the old rabid since the AP buff was averaged over the course of the fight, so in reality dps may not have changed or may have gone down. One thing to note is the change to Rabid makes Lynx Rush far less attractive, as part of the benefit was the stacking of the cooldowns. Lynx Rush sees no benefit from the attack speed bonus as the same amount of attacks are performed regardless.

I also added in the new Aimed Shot formula, although I'm not sure I have the exact base damage correct as I couldn't find the number, just the percentage it was changed.

I've just found a minor error, you use 100% hunter hit/expertise == 100% pet hit/expertise while it should be 50% hunter hit + 50% hunter expertise for pet hit/expertise.

This is something I've been meaning to fix- originally it was bugged and wasn't working properly in beta so when I first added in the hit/expertise support I left it at 100% because it required less effort to support and I wasn't sure how it'd turn out. Now that it's resolved it's on my list of things to address.

Update: I just fixed this.

#55 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

As part of adding support for the Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket I did some cleanup on the gem menus and moved the cogwheels into the standard gem socket section. I merged the perfect gems with the rares, so if you have saved settings using perfect gems, you will need to update them (armory imports will correctly use the rare gems). Also, since I moved the cogwheels into the normal socket slot, anyone using cogwheels in their engineering helm in a saved setting will need to update. My apologies for anyone who needs to update their saved settings.

#56 NoGoal

NoGoal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Even though the FAQ says Readiness is delayed for Rapid Fire. Putting 99s maximum delay doesn't make you gain 1 more RF cast. It stays at 4; using setting 349, DPS doesn't vary from 8s to 99s, lower than 8s is a 172 DPS loss.

2nd Readiness should appear around 300s into the fight, 4th RF should be around 380s; unless Readiness was used before.

With delaying the 2nd Readiness, you'd gain a 5th RF.

--

Even though you can type a 2nd digit (i.e. 1.55) after the dot in the Fight Length field, it doesn't work (it sets the default value of 450s). It seems to only accept 1 digit.

#57 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Readiness is a 3 minute cooldown, you use it a few seconds into the fight (firing off all your CDs) and then everything should line up at about 3 minutes + the time used to enable things (times 2, as you do it once before readiness, and once after) again, so at about 190 seconds it should appear again as second readiness. It should appear a third time at about 380 seconds (going with about 5 seconds to use stuff).
Remember, for maximum use of readiness you need to use your stuff before and after you use readiness, so if it takes 5 seconds, it delays the second readiness use by 15 seconds - 5 for the first use, then 180 seconds before readiness is off CD, another 5 seconds to use the abilities you pushed out of sync with readiness due to firing them off afterwards (mainly BW/RF), pushing the second readiness to 190, you then use another 5 seconds to reuse the reset cooldowns, and thereby push the use of those for a third readiness by another 5 seconds there, and an additional 5 seconds before using it for the third time at 380 seconds.

#58 NoGoal

NoGoal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Readiness is on a 5 mins CD.

Something I didn't think of, in my previous post, is that FD might delay RF to stack it with BW?

#59 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

You are indeed correct, I don't know why I remembered it as a 3 minute cooldown. RF should not be delayed to stack with BW though; BW is a 1 minute CD and RF is a 3 minute CD, so every third BW willl have RF included, so no delay of RF is needed for BW, unless you have the "do not stack RF with BW" option checked.

#60 NoGoal

NoGoal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

It was 3 mins for MM in cataclysm with the talent.

You are right about timings so the only thing I can think of is that using a 99s setting doesn't work. Maybe it's capped at some value?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users