• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#161 Dieudeflèche

Dieudeflèche

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Also on the legendary cloak I don't know if the value is wrong, or just the tool tip on the procs per min.
As SV femaledwarf shows proc rate of aprox 1.62, and in game as SV it shows aprox 2.42 . Tooltip wrong? Or value wrong?

#162 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Also on the legendary cloak I don't know if the value is wrong, or just the tool tip on the procs per min.
As SV femaledwarf shows proc rate of aprox 1.62, and in game as SV it shows aprox 2.42 . Tooltip wrong? Or value wrong?

The tooltip you see comes from wowhead, not from the site. There is a base proc rate on the cloak, then there is a modifier to the proc rate which is spec specific. The base proc rate is 1.74 (I'm not sure where you saw 1.62) and then there is a multiplier, which for SV is 1.148. It is also modified by your haste so the proc rate you see in game is going to be higher.

With regards to the fervor issue, I'll take a look when things quiet down a bit with work and see if something's wrong.

The serpent sting regen is supported by the site, but it's not really displayed anywhere. The FPS displayed on abilities is generally based off of what the ability costs and generates directly (in the case of things like cobra shot) and does not generally include passive benefits which it might also cause.

#163 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

I see weird results for SV when enabling Fervor vs, say, ToTH or Dire Beast. It ends up delaying Glaive Toss, losing three casts over a fight. I see a similar thing with BM/ToTH vs BM/Dire Beast, too. The reduced cost AS shouldn't really make AS take priority over GT or other abilities, but my guess is that's what is happening.

Arison can you PM me a link to the saved settings you're seeing this in? I can't easily reproduce it with the profiles I've been using so it'd be helpful to see the exact profile you're using and what settings you have configured. The way the priority logic works is that it will go through the list of shots in priority and cast the first one in the list that it's allowed to, following whatever configuration options are set. It will delay for wait shots if they will be off CD and have enough focus to cast within the specified time period, but otherwise it just follows that priority.

There isn't special code that makes ToTH proc shots work differently from normal shots at the moment (although I have had some requests for that), their focus cost is just reduced, so when evaluating whether to fire the shot it looks at the current focus cost of the shot. There are some exceptions in place for handling of focus saving for certain shots, and there is an option to prevent arcane shot from firing unless you have over a certain threshold worth of focus (which I usually use as it prevents it from draining you when you need the focus for other abilites).

Dieudeflèche with regards to the proc rate on the cloak, that's very odd- I can see that too in the tooltip (which comes from wowhead), but if I actually click the link to view the item on wowhead it does show 1.74.

#164 esnar

esnar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

The normal tier 16 headpiece doesn't have any stats on it when I import it into femaledwarf.
see: Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer

#165 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

The normal tier 16 headpiece doesn't have any stats on it when I import it into femaledwarf.
see: Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer

The helm works fine, it's just that the tooltip is coming from wowhead and there seems to be a bug with the tooltip wowhead is showing for the item. If you want to see the stats actually stored in my database for the item you can click the item list button. I was just too lazy to make my own tooltips so I use the wowhead ones.

#166 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

I've updated the site to reflect the hotfixes that are going in tomorrow for Explosive Shot and Chimera Shot. In BIS gear the changes are simming at about 8k dps increase for SV and 12k for MM.

#167 Aesonn

Aesonn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

I've noticed on FD in 5.4 Powershot is often used in the Highest DPS setups. Is this simming correctly? Does it have to do with freeing up more Globals to use on other shots?

For example: Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer (Created by Jademcian) This Survival setup has Powershot being Approx 6k more DPS than GT.

My only thoughts would be that with the AoC trinket for BA uptime and therefor more LnL procs and the set bonuses atleast for Survival more globals would be spent using ES and so having less shots to use during the course of the fight would leave more time and focus for it?

Especially since they haven't buffed or nerfed either of those two talents lately it's just odd to see it simming as the highest T90 ability.

#168 Mericet

Mericet

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

That's a part of it, but it's also related to weapon damage. Glaive toss scales only with attack power but powershot (and barrage for that matter) do a % of weapon damage, and the really high-end weapons buff them considerably. This is also part of the reason marksmanship is creeping up on survival and BM, at least now with the chimera buff.

Additionally, since powershot is a 45 second cooldown, how strong it is will depend on how long a fight lasts. If the fight ends with powershot say 10 seconds away from being usable, that means you could have potentially gotten off another 2 glaive tosses. Of course it's true the other way as well, if the fight ends shortly after you're able to use powershot it will be better by comparison.

#169 Gorek

Gorek

Piston Honda

• Guild Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Also don't forget that Power Shot (and Barrage) scale with haste while Glaive Toss does not, and with the Assurance of Consequence trinket and Hunter T16 2pc Rapid Fire is more likely to be up when Power Shot/Barrage are coming off cooldown.

#170 hanamichi

hanamichi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

I keep getting some weird results with simcraft and FD , I don`t even know which one of them is more accurate , I used simcraft ,I chose (thrill of the hunt /a murder of crows) with a Crit>>haste build and it showed a 3k dps gain(with both survival and BM) .
I tried with FD but it showed a loss of 2k dps .
Could anybody tell us which website is more accurate ?

#171 Gorek

Gorek

Piston Honda

• Guild Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

This isn't really a fair question. Simulation results are only as good as the inputs. There are a multitude of factors that go into the calculation of that final number that everyone is obsessed with. If you just import your character from the armory, change a couple things and click go, you're not going to get the most accurate results. Also when you're talking about ~300K dps a 2-3K dps loss/gain is less than 1%. A Crit > Haste build with Thrill of the Hunt and A Murder of Crows is a 3K dps gain over what, a Spirit > Mastery build with the same talents? Are you sure you have both tools configured as close to the same as possible? Fight length, shot priority, buff/debuffs, etc, etc? When you say you're getting weird results, what is weird about them? Is 80% of your damage coming from arcane shot? How does that compare to what you see in actual logs?

Since this is the FemaleDwarf thread here is a vouch for its accuracy. Here is a log from our Thokk kill last night (pretty close to a patchwerk fight as far as damage profile for hunters), World of Logs, and a breakdown of my damage by ability: Posted Image

Here is the damage by ability breakdown of the simulator configured to the same fight length, same number of shaman/warriors, etc: Posted Image

I'm not the best Hunter in the world, and I haven't actually played Marksmanship for months (forgot glyph of Aimed Shot when changing specs), but the breakdown of damage% by ability and even the number of uses/ticks is incredibly close. I don't have time to do the same thing in SimCraft, but I don't doubt that the results would be extremely similar.

#172 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I've made 2 recent updates that will likely affect people's dps results. For MM users, I've modified the code for autoshot suppression when casting aimed shot to properly base it off the cast time of the aimed shot- it was mistakenly being affected by the GCD.

For all users of Dire Beast and Murder of Crows, previously those abilities were being cast even if there were only a few seconds left in the fight. I modified them to not cast in the last 7 seconds of the fight, and if they do not run their full duration they now will only get damage credit for partial duration (previously they were getting credit for the whole thing which was throwing off results). I also modified the code which determines whether to cast BA or explosive trap to not cast in the last 7 seconds of the fight (previously it was 5)- they were already only getting credit based on uptime.

• hanamichi likes this

#173 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

I've added support for Ask Mr. Robot import on my site. I haven't tested it fully yet (just ran some basic tests with my gear) so if anyone notices any issues, please let me know. One thing I did notice is they don't display engineering tinkers on their site, which means if you are an engineer and you import from their site to mine, you will have to manually select a tinker.

I'm going to look into turning the export option back on too now that I have new data from them on the format they accept links in, but that'll have to wait until I have a bit more free time.

• wilegenuis likes this

#174 Sul

Sul

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi

I ran some sims on FD the other day and got some interesting results .

Common to all were SV spec , cat as pet ,last two talents BS and Barrage all other settings ( except latency ) as default . my Toon is Sulakin ( nagrand us).

At latency 37 ( default ) I got the following results changing between fervor,TotH and DB and using fervor as the base talent.

fervor = 0
DB = -4371
TotH = - 3958
so fervor wins by quite a long way

BUT at 200 latency ( which is around what I play at )
fervor = 0
DB = + 1526
TotH -3114

from these results it appears that latency has a huge effect on this tier of talents ,weel at least on the effectiveness of DB --a massive 5.9k swing

Anyone have any idea on why this is the case ?

Edited by Sul, 06 December 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#175 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

Just an FYI, I updated the site to reflect the latest hunter buff- Aspect of the Hawk is now giving 35% RAP.

#176 pichuca

pichuca

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

Zeherah, Is there a way to implement an option to disable the set bonuses in your site ? I find that the set bonuses fluctuate a lot when changing stats, specially the 2 piece one, and it conditionates even more the stats valuation and fine tuning.

#177 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

Pichuca, I just added an option to disable set bonuses under the settings section.

#178 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

I've updated the site to support the item upgrades in 5.4.8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users