Photo

Enhance me [5.3] - Now with 100% more CDs and 232% more haste-love!

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#41 Xaoxinn

Xaoxinn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Why is earth elemental on the priority list yet fire elemental isn't? Surely, FE > EE+ST, Or am I not quite understanding something somewhere?

#42 Kagitaar

Kagitaar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Why is earth elemental on the priority list yet fire elemental isn't? Surely, FE > EE+ST, Or am I not quite understanding something somewhere?

FE isn't on the list for the same reason Ascendance isn't on the list; they are CDs, not rotational abilities. Since CDs need to be used at different times on different fights, and you plan when to pop them, they are left up to your discretion. SW on the other-hand should be used every time it comes up, same with EE, when applicable. They do not provide the same damage boost so lining up pots, trinkets, BL, etc isn't as critical, and oftentimes having them out more often is better than holding them for the perfect time.

#43 AxisOtaku

AxisOtaku

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Are these stats still the same for level 90 with heroic(or higher) gear?

==Stats at LvL85 with T13 BiS and EotE==
[TABLE="head"] Stat | Value
Agility | 3.81
Haste | 2.49
Mastery | 2.15
Crit | 1.95
[/TABLE]

Cause im at the gemming part and since the agi stats on gems are 1/2 of the secondary then red sokets would be the 320 expertise, the yellow would be 320haste/mastery and blue would be 320 hit (and you would reforge after gemming this way I think).

#44 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

They are probably not. Sim it yourself. I'll try to update the guide as soon as possible, but right now I'm a little bit concerned with my own raid preparations. But I think I'll find some time tomorrow.
You will probably want to gem the way you did in Cata, meaning AGi as the highest priority.

#45 Myranne

Myranne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

With the current changes to our elemental's in MoP, shouldn't we have our Fire Ele as the main priority as it gives us stacks.

#46 Cishir

Cishir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

With the current changes to our elemental's in MoP, shouldn't we have our Fire Ele as the main priority as it gives us stacks.

This was answered already. Like any other major damage CD it isn't rotational, some fights require certain places for such CDs to be used. Use it when you feel it is best, or if there is no such instance on a particular fight, then off of cooldown.

#47 Mileylól

Mileylól

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

When we're in Ascendance is it still worth hardcasting LB with MW3_UF?

#48 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

As the priority shows (at least I think it does): no. I'm sure I saw that somewhere...

#49 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Word of warning for fellow enhancers:
For Elegon HM your ST will not target Elegon while in the bubble. The best you can do is use FE for 2/3 P1s and magma the rest of P1. For P2 your totem will correctly target the pillars. This means that you will have ~3 minutes out of a 9 minute fight where you are not generating SF stacks.

If anyone wants to tag along, I've made a bug post here:
Searing Totem will not target Elegon on HM - Forums - World of Warcraft

#50 Cishir

Cishir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

So I am sitting at 487 item level right now and what I am discovering is that my stat priority is Mastery = Crit > Haste (1.43, 1.43, 1.35) which is basically telling me that my gear right now is going to be entirely on item level due to the extra agility and other stats that I gain. Is my gear just in a weird place or do you guys think I can expect that to continue? I am kind of new to simcraft (used enhsim forever) so I wasn't sure if I hit a wrong button or something, I have been surprised by my results once I got decked out a bit.

#51 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, that may happen. Sometimes I get similiar results, so I don't think Simc is broken nor do we hit wrong buttons.

Right now - for me - all three stats are even closer than you posted.

There are two things you could do now:
1. Try reforging some (maybe 300-400) haste into crit/mastery and run SimC again to find out, if its just a weird gear point or if you could indeed need some more crit. For e.g. crit favors Flurry uptime which again favors haste.
2. Try to use the "plot" function (found under options) or maybe even the "reforge plot". First on shows you the DPS gain and loss if you add the choosen stats while the second one provides you with a graph that shows you what happens, if you reforge for e.g. haste to mastery and vice versa.
Note: "plot" and "reforge plot" take a long time to sim (second one even longer). I usually run the later one on 4 threads for only haste and mastery and it takes 2h+ - just a warning.

#52 Vaxym

Vaxym

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

So if I understand the Guide :
1- I don't need to use Fire nova spell in my cycle ?
2- I can't understand how to open the fight exactly with my stuff and how to continue a right cycle .
3- Which stats do i need to UP : "Haste" or "Mastery", because the ratio still nearly the same .

#53 Methticål

Methticål

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

I use ascendance with fire ele on the pull almost always. High burst, big numbers. Its usually up again when needing to pop hero/lust.

#54 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hey Vaxym:
1. No, you don't use Fire Nova in your cycle for a single target. But the more targets you have, the more interesting it gets. For two targets, I would recommend using FN each time there is nothing else to do. But for 5 oder more targets, I would nearly hit it on cooldown for example.

2. Since you will be opening most fights from a distance, you are probably going to open with UE followed by buffed FS.
My pulls for e.g. are as followed:
[TABLE="head"] Time in relation to pull | Action
-5 | Spirit Walk
-3 | Feral Spirit
-1 | Fire Elemental / Prepot
0 | Start running to the boss
0.5 | Unleash Elements
2 | FS
2-3 | arrive at boss
3.5 | Stormstrike
5 | Pop Ascendance, trinkets etc with next Stormblast
6.5 | Usually have 5 stacks of Searing Flame, so LL / Otherwise use ES or Stormlash Totem

[/TABLE]

3. The ratio will stay nearly the same for a long time. So, either you try to balance them or stack one of them (which then again favors the other two stats and so on. Binkenstein just released a blog on Totemspot regarding exactly that topic).

#55 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

As of 5.1 it seems that Shamanistic Rage is off the GCD.

Also we can no longer kill totems with a macro. This has also broke mods like TotemTimers. The only way to kill totems now is either the use Totemic Recall or have the default totem bar somewhere on your screen and click the totem off.

#56 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'll try to confirm this and add this to the patch note section. Thank you for mentioning.

#57 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Important change! Not everyone might check the changes-notes regularly, but nearly everyone should know:
Glyph of FlameShock seems no longer to be a DPS increase but a DPS loss regarding SimCraft. Check the priority section in the guide to get more detailed information.
I'm not sure where this comes from or if we just overlooked it from the beginning. Purge mentioned that the last few changes in beta might have shifted the shock damage.

#58 sirtyface

sirtyface

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Important change! Not everyone might check the changes-notes regularly, but nearly everyone should know:
Glyph of FlameShock seems no longer to be a DPS increase but a DPS loss regarding SimCraft. Check the priority section in the guide to get more detailed information.
I'm not sure where this comes from or if we just overlooked it from the beginning. Purge mentioned that the last few changes in beta might have shifted the shock damage.

I noticed this in the SimulationCraft T14H profile a couple weeks ago. I simulated my own gear, and the glyph still came out as a DPS increase. I'm not sure if this has changed since, and I'm at work so I can't test it. It seems that the scaling of Flame Shock's up-front portion (combined with UE) out-damages ES at a certain gear point.

#59 TLOlol

TLOlol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Can't understand why FS glyphed could be a DPS loss. You're usually gaining 1 extra Earth Shock, which means more direct damage (despite of some direct FS damage can overpass ES) while FS is ticking thank to the DoT.

I would appreaciate an explanation as soon as you can check it 100% sure, thanks in advance.

#60 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Can't understand why FS glyphed could be a DPS loss. You're usually gaining 1 extra Earth Shock, which means more direct damage (despite of some direct FS damage can overpass ES) while FS is ticking thank to the DoT.

I would appreaciate an explanation as soon as you can check it 100% sure, thanks in advance.

Remember that SC assumes 0 movement, 0 AOE, 0 target switching, etc. So while it makes sense for stand still DPS encounters, think twice before you remove this glyph for every encounter just because SC told you to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users