• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#21 yuzna

yuzna

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

When using the Glyph of Demon Training is the Felhunter/Observer still the best pet for Destruction? Only been doing some dummy testing, but it seems that the Imp is slightly ahead so far.

#22 Elmi

Elmi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

When using the Glyph of Demon Training is the Felhunter/Observer still the best pet for Destruction? Only been doing some dummy testing, but it seems that the Imp is slightly ahead so far.

Glyph of Demon Training should give you no dps gain at all.
It causes the Imp to cast faster but as the Imp is now limited by energy and not by cast time, this makes no difference in sustained dps.
The best pet choice for all three specs is in the SimC thread. The Destruction one is in this image.

#23 wobb

wobb

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Does a Havoc'd Shadowburn also grant mana back?

And

As I don't have a 90 lock on beta, does unbound will clear maddening shout?

#24 Elmi

Elmi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

How does Curse of Enfeeblement actually works on bosses? I it reducing physicall damage done by 10 or 20%?

edit: nevermind, it's 10%.

#25 Xayide

Xayide

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Why do the Destruction profiles use the Glyph of Conflagrate? Since it´s a pure utility glyph unless I'm mistaken...

#26 Madmoos

Madmoos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Can you use the overrides feature in simcraft to have adds that are not stacked.
I am using :

enemy=Fluffy_Pillow
target_health=27000000
enemy=Fluffy_Pillow2
target_health=27000000
enemy=Fluffy_Pillow3
target_health=27000000

Adding more when needed; but my guess is that these are stacked. If so, can you add range to these adds ?

#27 Unknowndiv

Unknowndiv

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

What spell has higher DPET in Meta (BIS T13 and BIS T14): Chaos Touch or Soul Fire (with Molten Core)?
That is helpfull information for burst phases such as H Spine.

#28 netsach

netsach

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

As per the graphs on simulationcraft.org for any version, soulfire (meta) has a higher dpet than touch of chaos.

#29 Holeyfield

Holeyfield

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm wondering about the Glyph of Shadow bolt...

Do the three hits actually increase proc rates, as I tend to think they wouldn't since I read on these forums that only the second bolt actually gives demonic fury; but I have no way of being sure as I don't currently had any trinkets with stacking affects to test it.

Since it's a minor glyph I assume it's just a graphical change and doesn't actually increase anything, but I don't mind being wrong.

#30 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

It does not increase proc rates. In fact, there appears to be a bug causing the glyphed shadow bolt not to cause any "on spell cast" procs at all. This is easy to test if you have something like the - glyphed shadow bolt will cause zero stacks, non-glyphed shadow bolt will cause one. For "on spell hit" procs, such as , they both cause one stack, you don't get three from the glyphed version like you might expect.

#31 Xayide

Xayide

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

It does not increase proc rates. In fact, there appears to be a bug causing the glyphed shadow bolt not to cause any "on spell cast" procs at all. This is easy to test if you have something like the - glyphed shadow bolt will cause zero stacks, non-glyphed shadow bolt will cause one. For "on spell hit" procs, such as , they both cause one stack, you don't get three from the glyphed version like you might expect.

I'm confused. Is the glyph a DPS increase, decrease or neither? Or does it only depend if you are using a on spell cast trinket?

#32 jvchequer

jvchequer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'm confused. Is the glyph a DPS increase, decrease or neither? Or does it only depend if you are using a on spell cast trinket?

Same doubt here, but looks like it is neither.

#33 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Will never be a DPS increase, may be a very minor DPS decrease if you have on spell cast trinkets or enchants.

#34 sharkee

sharkee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

When you're in Metamorphosis is it worth to use Chaos Wave on single targets? If not, should you go out of meta everytime to keep Hand of Gul'dan up or just blow all your fury and go back to hand of Gul'dan after that?

Also should you wait till the 2 charges are back up or just use it off cooldown?

#35 Dastey

Dastey

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hey guys.

Back after almost a year of absence and I see the whole racial aspect has changed. I can't really find any satisfying numbers regarding the racial trait I do however know I am going to play horde but I am unsure regarding the race. I am looking for the race that grants the highest dps and with GoSaC I see that 1 part of the orc racial has been eliminated. Now my question is what would be the best? Bloody Fury, 20% haste from troll or the new procc damage from undeads? Strictly PvE

#36 Icharispally

Icharispally

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hi all,
I have a pretty simple question. What does $SP stand for. I would have thought it was spell power, but Seed of corruption description says "When the target takes (1346 ( + 126% of SpellPower) + $SP * 1.8) total damage from the caster or dies, the seed will inflict 900 to 1044 (+ 91% of SpellPower)" indicating that $SP and SpellPower are 2 different things

#37 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

The Chairmaker

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

It's not two different things. The SpellPower stuff is added by Wowhead using the spell data field indicating spell power scaling, while the rest of what you're reading (including the $SP) is the actual tooltip. If they don't match up, it's because Blizzard isn't keeping its tooltips up to date. You should trust the SpellPower (126%) coefficient over the $SP one (180%), though even that is not guaranteed to be correct.

#38 Blacksen

Blacksen

Executor

•  Patrons
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

How does the Brewfest trinket stack up against others in pre-raid gear? I doubt it's better than the standard caster two, but is it better than stuff like Ghost Iron Dragonling?

Mithril Wristwatch - Item - World of Warcraft

#39 randa

randa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

I am interested to know what are the lowest durations of this function if=ticks_remain<add_ticks%2 for our dots. Am I correct if I assume these numbers

Agony 11,5 seconds
Corruption 8,5 seconds
Unstable Affliction 6,5 seconds

So we will generally be safe to refresh our dots if time left on them is bellow these numbers?

#40 nehcnhoj

nehcnhoj

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Not sure if I should ask this here or in the simulcraft thread.

I read in Icy Veins that the stat priority of affliction is int > mast > haste > hit (to 15) > crit.

Affliction Warlock DPS Statistics Priority and Reforging (WoW MoP 5.0.5) - Icy Veins

I was always under the impression that it was int > hit (to 15) > mast > haste > crit.
If anyone could enlighten me, please!

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users