• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 Vestion

Vestion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Im wondering how people feel about reaching 14k haste as demonology? Obviously this hard to do and would require high ilevs to achieve without losing huge amounts of mastery, however it gives an extra tick of doom with the EA, meaning if its buffed by the lei shen trinket, thats an extra wild imp, which are always fun. Though atm this is probably a bad idea, with 5.3 in a few days and item upgrades coming back, could this be a viable thing to reach for? Or should demo locks stick with 8100-ish and stack mastery?

#162 Unknowndiv

Unknowndiv

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

Why does simulationcraft use GoSac as top spec for patchwerk-style fight for demonology?
Demo+GoService=227732 dps
Demo+GoSac=224467 dps

#163 Vestion

Vestion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

GoSac is really only useful when used with the lei shen trinket and in multi-target situations. Otherwise, the burst GoService offers is the better option.

#164 angaroth

angaroth

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

UVLS dropped so I'm exploring Demonology. Two quick questions:

1) What would you do if you were in Meta and MC popped? Ignore it? Drop out of Meta?

2) What rules of thumb do you use for going into and out of Meta?

#165 Klavarnae

Klavarnae

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

UVLS dropped so I'm exploring Demonology. Two quick questions:

1) What would you do if you were in Meta and MC popped? Ignore it? Drop out of Meta?

2) What rules of thumb do you use for going into and out of Meta?

1) If you have demon soul active or large int procs PLUS You have enough demonic fury to stay in meta for duration of demon soul; Then go ahead and soulfire in meta, otherwise just spam ToC and use molten core procs outside of meta.

2) NEVER leave yourself with a time where your UVLS can proc but you can't pop meta. The general consensus is to stay between 70% and 90% of demonic fury while waiting for demon soul to become active, but it's really up to you, as long as you have enough fury to be in meta for all of demon soul, then you're good to go.

#166 jsrfuture

jsrfuture

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

i was wondering if someone found a way to deal with the wild imps in demonology and the invisibility potion for the challenge mode gold. they dont seem to despawn after 24 or 30 sec while in the dongeon if they didnt have any target to attack. I tried to have the glyph and even if it is under cooldown and cant spawm more wild imps from the passive effect, doom still can... i saw many video with warlock in demo spec so i know there must be a way to deal with this.

p.s. : sorry for my bad english

#167 spoonman184

spoonman184

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

I don't quite understand the comparison in this part of the APL:
(cooldown.dark_soul.remains>(120%(1%spell_haste)))

I am also not 100% sure on this part of the APL; is this the modulus operator?:
buff.dark_soul.up&demonic_fury%32>buff.dark_soul.remains

#168 Draeghar

Draeghar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Does anyone have simc files to simulate warlock specs and/or gimories and pets?

#169 myrdev

myrdev

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

% is the divide operator in simcraft (don't ask why).
ie, you have over 32 fury per second for the remainder of darksoul, to be worth going into meta.

(cooldown.dark_soul.remains>(120%(1%spell_haste)))
Means that imp glyph will be off cd by the time darksoul comes off cd, so you may as well use it now. Imp glyph cd scaled by 120sec * (1 / spellhaste) - ie, 120 * (1 / 1.3) if you were naked and had lust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users