Photo

Shaman: Simple Questions thread, a rule-7-free zone (Mists edition)

shamy shaman macro

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 tuurgan

tuurgan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Does anyone know whether or not enhance has some sort of spreadsheet going for them?

I looked around and was unable to find anything via the net
Master Head Smasher of the brick.

#22 Anonymus

Anonymus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Would it be recommended for Elemental to dot up additional targets with Flame Shock in hopes of getting more Lava Burst procs? Imagine a scenario with a boss and 1 or 2 adds which you know will live long enough for a full (almost full) duration of Flame Shock. I know it would be hard to determine if it is a dps gain or loss because of rng, just wondering if anyone is doing it also and what are his/her comments?

I got another question: Is it smart to use a stopcasting macro on Lava Burst procs while casting Lightning Bolt; if you could do it let's say before reaching the middle of the cast?

#23 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

The second question also came uo over at Totem Spot and Bink and Haarne answered as followed:
Always Be Casting! Not using procs because of a second proc while LvB is already off CD may feel like you lost something, but if you tried to stopcast, you will at least loose a whole GCD and whatever time you were already casting. Thats even worse than not using one LavaSurge proc.

Here's the thread over at TotemSpot
Lava Burst

Regarding your first questions, I can only assume it might be a DPS gain for one or two adds, if you are not able to cast CL. If you would do that, you might lose to many Lightning Shield stacks by not using Eart Shock, but I'm by no means sure about that.

#24 Mudrac

Mudrac

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Got answer.

#25 SeraphisDH

SeraphisDH

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Greetings

I have a question about the fire elemental.
I took the talent Prime Elementalist. Should we control the spells of the fire elemental on bosses or just let the spells be on auto-cast?

Which is recommended?

Ty in advance

#26 Ronark

Ronark

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

For the most part (as a DPS) you can let it auto cast, but you can direct to to attack specific targets. If for whatever reason the Elemental cannot reach the boss (Say, Nef Phase 2), have it channel Empower on you.

As Restoration, the only benefit for the Elementals is to have them channel on you to increase your heal and reduce damage taken (with Earth).

#27 Cronoz

Cronoz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Would it be recommended for Elemental to dot up additional targets with Flame Shock in hopes of getting more Lava Burst procs? Imagine a scenario with a boss and 1 or 2 adds which you know will live long enough for a full (almost full) duration of Flame Shock. I know it would be hard to determine if it is a dps gain or loss because of rng, just wondering if anyone is doing it also and what are his/her comments?

I got another question: Is it smart to use a stopcasting macro on Lava Burst procs while casting Lightning Bolt; if you could do it let's say before reaching the middle of the cast?

Are you referring to the Mogu'shan vault bosses?
Because I find the new raids perfect for multi dotting a.k.a. spreading multiple flameshocks. I've tested it several times and yes it does increase your LB proc. The max targets I tried it on was about 5 individual ones and LB kept proccing one after another. The only conclusion I can make is that it does increase overall dmg although Im not sure by how much %.
You do however have to practise your rotations if you want to keep earth shock or elemental blast in your rotation.

@ Obeliske:
In theory Enhancement Shamans deal more dmg then Elemental Shamans in top tier raids. However if you play elemental class perfectly it's not that big of a difference, I believe it was 7k dps on max gear/setup.

LB = LvB (Lavaburst), sorry if people get confused with Lightning Bolt

#28 Catparty

Catparty

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Does each jump of Chain Lightning or Lava Beam have a chance to proc Echo of the Elements? Essentially, does the proc rate of CL and LBeam range from 12%-30% in cleave situations?

#29 Ronark

Ronark

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

If Lava Beam/CL procs like it does for Overload then yes, each jump has a chance to proc Echo. However I believe that Echo acted on a PPM factor making additional proc chances redundant.

#30 Dostula

Dostula

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

CL has in total the same chance to proc echo as LB which means that each hit (no matter if you use the glyph or not) has a lower chance than LB eg. lets say LB has a chance of 30% then each Cl hit wihout glyph has a chance of 10% with the glyph only 6%

#31 Chrizz

Chrizz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Has anyone doing Wind Lord Mel'jarak tried using Earthquake to see if knockdowns count a cc that triggers the other cc's to break?

#32 Hamsda

Hamsda

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

We didn't test earthquake yesterday but things like Remorseless Winter just had no effect on the adds (though they could be stunned by our warrior tank with Shockwave iirc). Earthquake should therefor be no problem on the CC cap, I guess it's just about long term disables like Poly, Ice Trap, etc.
There are only 10 types of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.

#33 Catparty

Catparty

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

It is not just long term CC's. I have not tested earthquake, but using Frag Belt (3 second gouge effect) in your rotation will push you over the CC limit. The mechanic may be based on CC that is affected by damage.

#34 xNotta

xNotta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hi, I have a question that I cant find answers to.

Resto Shaman:
  • What is the exact number for the 11% we need to gain to reach 50% mastery?

#35 swift_

swift_

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

You need 2200 Mastery. You start with 24%. The mastery raid buff grants 3000 mastery or 15%. Every additional 200 mastery rating grant 1%.

#36 Moshne

Moshne

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone doing Wind Lord Mel'jarak tried using Earthquake to see if knockdowns count a cc that triggers the other cc's to break?

I've used Earthquake and it did not break the other CCs. Whether the knockdown worked at all, I don't know.

- 13/13 HM -25m - W/Th/Sun 8-12 CST LF Mistweaver
www.somethingwickedguild.com

#37 xNotta

xNotta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

You need 2200 Mastery. You start with 24%. The mastery raid buff grants 3000 mastery or 15%. Every additional 200 mastery rating grant 1%.

Thanks for the answer.
What I am looking for is the number for 50% so that I can set it as a reforge cap.

Am I right to assume that the number for 50% is 3000+2200=5200?

Thanks again.

#38 swift_

swift_

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

If you're using a web calculator that does not take buffs into account (say wowreforge.com), the number will be 2200, because that's the actual rating you need from gear. In-Game and on your armory page, you'd want it to say 5200, as you gain 3000 mastery from Grace of Air.

#39 Therya

Therya

Fudge Muffin Addict

• Moderators
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for the answer.
What I am looking for is the number for 50% so that I can set it as a reforge cap.

Thanks again.

You don't "need" to have exactly 50% of mastery.49% will work just as well,51% also. And while we are on the subject 55% would also work. The reason I suggested in my Secondary Stats Priority and Reforging that you should reach around 50% of mastery ( around being the imperative word ) is because crit has become more important in this expansion so much so that in lower health raid levels than in cataclysm it will result to more throughput than stacking mastery would. There are still shamans out there stacking mastery however, hard core progression resto shamans, that pay attention to how low their raids health drops and reforge accordingly. Point being there is no mastery magical number to which you can ever reforge to. Logging your fights and comparing your wipes is what will guide you towards the reforges you need to follow always taking into consideration the delicate balance between mastery and crit.

#40 delphenus

delphenus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hi guys, I'm trying to get a greater understanding of the stat weighs for Enhancement.

In a hypothetical situation, let's say I have two rings, one that is 489, and another that is 483.
The 489 has some undesirable secondary stats, (excess hit, crit), whereas the 483 has expertise and mastery.

I know that this might change depending on the proximity to hit/expertise caps, but my question is: would the loss of about 1 ilevel's worth of agility be worth the gain in desirable secondary stats? Or is this a very specific question that can only be really answered by simming?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shamy, shaman, macro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users