Photo

Shaman: Simple Questions thread, a rule-7-free zone (Mists edition)

shamy shaman macro

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hi guys, I'm trying to get a greater understanding of the stat weighs for Enhancement.

In a hypothetical situation, let's say I have two rings, one that is 489, and another that is 483.
The 489 has some undesirable secondary stats, (excess hit, crit), whereas the 483 has expertise and mastery.

I know that this might change depending on the proximity to hit/expertise caps, but my question is: would the loss of about 1 ilevel's worth of agility be worth the gain in desirable secondary stats? Or is this a very specific question that can only be really answered by simming?

In a nutshell, no you would not take the lower ilvl item. A most gear levels / talents our weights are incredibly close, enough so that you will generally take the higher ilvl item.

With that said you still want to sim your stat weights for reforging purposes. So far through the tier I've seen all 3 secondaries as our best stat at different times.

#42 jonlol

jonlol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hey guys, thanks for writing this amazing guide on enhancement shaman mop.

I have a couple quick questions on the current priority list given to me via SimCraft:

# count action,conditions
U 0.00 elemental_mastery,if=talent.elemental_mastery.enabled
V 2.00 fire_elemental_totem,if=!active&(buff.bloodlust.up|buff.elemental_mastery.up|target.time_to_die<=totem.fire_elemental_totem.duration+10|(talent.elemental_mastery.enabled&(cooldown.elemental_mastery.remains=0|cooldown.elemental_mastery.remains>80)|time>=60))
W 2.95 ascendance,if=cooldown.strike.remains>=3
X 6.89 searing_totem,if=!totem.fire.active
Y 29.23 unleash_elements,if=talent.unleashed_fury.enabled
Z 0.00 elemental_blast,if=talent.elemental_blast.enabled
a 23.40 lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react=5
b 5.82 stormblast
c 48.51 stormstrike
d 10.46 flame_shock,if=buff.unleash_flame.up&!ticking
e 40.67 lava_lash
f 0.00 unleash_elements
g 31.74 lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up
h 0.00 ancestral_swiftness,if=talent.ancestral_swiftness.enabled&buff.maelstrom_weapon.react<2
i 0.00 lightning_bolt,if=buff.ancestral_swiftness.up
j 3.27 flame_shock,if=buff.unleash_flame.up&dot.flame_shock.remains<=3
k 41.34 earth_shock
l 4.10 feral_spirit
m 1.88 earth_elemental_totem,if=!active&cooldown.fire_elemental_totem.remains>=50
n 0.00 spiritwalkers_grace,moving=1
o 30.73 lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>1&!buff.ascendance.up

For section "e", we should use lava lash no matter what number of stacks of searing totem we have correct?

Should we use our CDS (Potion, Engin Gloves, Ascendance) immediately before or immediately after bloodlust is popped?

For the "o" section, we should only use LB if the MW is at 2 or higher correct?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

#43 B Ferret

B Ferret

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

As Elemental I finally picked up a Relic of Yu'lon so that has occupied one of my slots, now I need to choose between Light of the Cosmos (Raid Finder) or the Zen Alchemist Stone. Which is better?

#44 Mudrac

Mudrac

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Also question about Elemental trinkets, Essence of Terror - Item - World of Warcraft vs ?

#45 Youneskaboul

Youneskaboul

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

As Elemental I finally picked up a Relic of Yu'lon so that has occupied one of my slots, now I need to choose between Light of the Cosmos (Raid Finder) or the Zen Alchemist Stone. Which is better?

Zen alchemist is better, especially if you upgrade its ilevel due to having a superior amount of intellect.

#46 Oogachaka

Oogachaka

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

I'm having no luck finding stats for the upgraded new Dominance Offensive trinkets (for enhancement).

Could someone please share the Stats for Deadeye Badge at 466 and Woundripper Medallion at 500 and 504?

#47 beetlejuice

beetlejuice

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

before making this post i searched the whole thread with the keywords

:lfr tier set bonus" and nothing came up. So i guess i will ask you guys about something i am wondering.

I have a 2 set bonus 14tier from 496 ilvl raid, and i also have another 2 tier14 pieces from the LFR,
However if i use the LFR ones too, i will replace 2 non-set 496 item level gear.
The 4set bonus that i will acquire by that, will just boost stormstrike critical chance of certain spells.

Lighning bolt, lightning shield and earthshock will get +15% chance to crit. added on the already
25%crit chance from stormstrike and about 28-30% crit chance at 25man raids /gear i have, going about 70% crit.

Is it worth it ?

2x 496 item level or a boost from 55% to 70% crit chance for bolt/shock/shield.
(I do remember that critical chance over a certain percent has something like diminishing returns?)

#48 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Looking closely at http://elitistjerks....ds/#Set_Bonuses (link to the Set bonus part) might have gotten you the answer on your own =) anyway:
I'm guessing, for math's sake, you would exchange chest and head for the tier-parts, assuming a loss of maybe 300 agility and 400 secondary rating. Which makes up for about 2% of your total agility and secondary rating (comparing to my own gear at around iLvL 492), thus assuming a loss of 2% dps. Following Purge's results, which indicates a win of 2-3.5% DPS gaining the bonus, you can only win. (I also read somewhere, the bonus might give something about 4% or even more, but I didn't confirm that yet or see anyone do that)

Thats for the long and 'maybe incorrect', but lazy answer.

For the short and correct answer:
Sim it! (I love to say that)

Greets, Pyr.

/edit I should add that to the guide, as this is a fairly frequent question everywhere.

#49 jonlol

jonlol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Quick question, when is the best possible time to pop stormlash totem assuming we're popping lust at beginning, nobody else can stormlash, and it's a patchwerk fight.

#50 Dostula

Dostula

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Quick question, when is the best possible time to pop stormlash totem assuming we're popping lust at beginning, nobody else can stormlash, and it's a patchwerk fight.

Depending on the amount of shamans in the raid, it should always be ready for Bl, I tend to use it right after pull, when everybody uses their CD's and then towards the end of the fight when we use Bl. If you have more shamans in your raid you should time it with them, since the effect does not stack

#51 jonlol

jonlol

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Also, on the priority it states to use MW >1 lightning bolt and ends there.
What about Fire nova / refresh searing totem?
Shouldn't we fire nova if we have nothing up then refresh searing totem when fire nova on cd?

#52 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Fire Nova doesn't deal damage to the target from which it explodes, so no need to cast it in the single target rotation.
ST is point number 13 in the shortened priority.
So what's your question?

#53 Royalite

Royalite

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Resto druid here trying to figure out some issues with a resto shaman raid member.

I am trying understand the state of resto shaman healing in a 25 man raid environment. Raidbot numbers are not reliable but maybe someone can shed some light. My resto shaman pulls 32k raid healing on 25m normal wind lord, which is about the average on raidbots for resto shamans on that fight. Seems off as the resto shaman is doing half the healing of our other healers.

The resto shaman has performance, reforging, gearing issues and those I understand and can work with him on, but it would be helpful to know what his numbers should be looking like in a normal 25 man raid environment.

#54 Therya

Therya

Fudge Muffin Addict

• Moderators
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

First of all it depends on what other healers are you healing with. If there are disc priests and or paladins that can shield their targets and or resto druids that can HoT everything there is little a resto shaman can do with his long casting direct heals in a fight where the only damage taken is instant and healed instantly from every other class or shielded already. Also remember resto shamans only have one instant spell on a 1.5min CD and that is if they take the AS talent. As for raidbots you need to consult again the instances in which top restos are rating. How many healers where there in the fight, which classes etc. I am not achieving more numbers myself but then again we run with 5 to 6 healers since we have no DPS issues and we are just carrying on from Garalon and don't want to respec.

#55 damagedone

damagedone

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Resto Shaman heals get squished by other healers. Particularly Disc.

I run with a Disc and Druid (which is the worst of both worlds--absorbs preventing dmg and HoTs constantly ticking people up). I generally push to go Elemental on any fight where my Healing drops below 25k HPS. My healing is well over 100k HPS on fights like Tsulong (and I mean the night phase, not the gimmick Day phase, but that's fun too).

The healing thresholds this Tier seem to be a lot lower than the DPS ones. And seeing as a bunch of tanks now contribute a sizable amount of effective healing (whether it be self-heals or raid healing) -- a raid is able to do 200k+ HPS (10 mans) 2 healing.

In 25s (I don't have much experience as a healer here), I'd imagine it's more or less, drop Healing Rain and just Chain Heal spam as needed.

There's some gearing mistakes I see some lower ilvl Shaman making. DON'T STACK MASTERY! There's really no point. A lot of our gear already has a huge chunk of it, we bring the 3k Mastery buff, and we start with a sizable chunk as well. Stack Spirit to a comfortable level, get Haste to a level where you don't feel slow (ie your heals missing cause someone dies), and then stack Crit.

In 5.2 it might be advantageous to go up to the next Haste Tier, particularly as a 25 man raid healer.

Really, I think more than any other healer, it depends on the other healers in your comp (especially in 10 mans). Find myself acting more as makeshift tank healer, while our Disc nuke/heals or PoH shields the raid, and the Druid tosses out HoTs everywhere. What seems to be missing in that setup are the single target big heals, which Shaman do well.

#56 Glayde

Glayde

King Hippo

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Due to a couple of retirements I've had to swap over to shaman heal our last few progression fights. I was curious what effect spirit link totem has on Tsulong during the day phase if you have bathed in light or light of the day up.

#57 Therya

Therya

Fudge Muffin Addict

• Moderators
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

The nature of spirit link totem is to create an equilibrium of heath between the targets within its range. This is based on health percentage, and because Tsulong has a huge amount of health for an equilibrium to be successful all the rest of your raid and a couple more raids should die in the course of SLT duration. For that reason either he is immune to the effects of SLT or he either looses an insignificant amount of health or gains an insignificant amount of health when you drop SLT when your raid is also in range. I haven't paid attention which of those happens but my logs didn't show any significant change.

#58 Rahucun

Rahucun

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Is there someone that have a list of spells that can be absorbed in raid by the grounding totem?
I am trying to optimize my use of grounding totem and yet so far I know it works on poison bomb during p2 of shek'zeer.

Also, if we can get few spells to absorb for 5.2 raid it would be neat.

#59 Therya

Therya

Fudge Muffin Addict

• Moderators
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Grounding totem doesn't work as well for raids as it does for PvP simply because it will only absorb spells and not abilities. Since most of bosses attacks fall into the ability category Grounding Totem will not react to them.

#60 xereva

xereva

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

I have a question about the Primal Fire Elemental (I'm an Enhancement shaman with the Primal Elementalist talent). Is it a DPS improvement to use the Immolate ability of the Primal Fire Elemental? Wondering since it also has a cast time, so i guess it won't be dps-ing during that time?

So the question is: Should i use the Immolate ability?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shamy, shaman, macro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users