Photo

Shaman: Simple Questions thread, a rule-7-free zone (Mists edition)

shamy shaman macro

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

No, you should not. Especially as Enhancement.
One could say: use Immolate if your Elemental can't reach and attack it's target - but than again you won't be able either since you're melee.

#62 delphenus

delphenus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

One could say: use Immolate if your Elemental can't reach and attack it's target - but than again you won't be able either since you're melee.

As a follow up to that question, I've got a question about the ins and outs of using the Primal Fire Elemental. I've checked out its damaging abilities on certain fights, and it seems like Fire Blast, it's instant ability, does way less damage than Immolate, it's 2 second cast ability. Should I be turning off the auto cast of immolate in favour of the instant ones regardless? Or should I just leave it be? Is the Pure melee damage that it puts out better than anything else?

#63 Ryethe

Ryethe

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

I don't think this is correct. Looking at the BIS simcraft profile:
Fire Ele Attack: 189 attacks on average @ ~1.04 APS with an average of each attack accounting for 755 DPS.
Fire Ele Immolate: 5.9 uses @ ~1.04cast time with each cast accounting for 4300 dps per cast

So each immolate loses the ele 1 attack but immolate does nearly 6 times as much damage as auto attack.

I can't verify 100% but if the fire ele works like every other melee in the game, instants will not reset its swing timer so there is no reason to turn off fire blast.

#64 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Uh, my bad, I miss-thought the question to be about Empower or what ever the buff to the Shaman was called. Kinda ill right now, didn't read properly, sorry about all the confusion =/

#65 shats

shats

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

For shits and giggles I included hit in a simc scaling factor simulation. With my stats I was at or over the yellow melee and spell hit caps. What I got surprised me:

Agi - 1.00
Hit - 0.78
Crit - 0.42
Haste - 0.45
Mastery - 0.48

So what's the deal with hit being weighted so high? I couldn't find any mention of reforging to hit other than meeting the yellow and spell caps. Increasing hit over cap will increase melee white damage - simmed at 10.5% of dmg, increase windfury procs (assuming you're not always on ICD. ICD still exists right?) - simmed at 5% of dmg, and increase stormlash damage. Hard to say how much stormlash will be increased because there are other sources causing stormlash and its only 1.6% of my simmed damage anyway.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does simc handle hit scaling in a weird way that invalidates the result or has this never been examined before?

#66 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

This is due to fact that the scaling in standard settings takes a positive and negative amount to calculate.
Meaning, it subtracts a certain set amount of your hit and sees the dps loss from that. And since being hit undercapped greatly reduces your dps, hit is valued higher (because you would loose a lot if you had less hit)

But you can tell SimC to "only use positive deltas" for scaling, meaning it only adds the certain set amount and looking at "how much does my dps increase if this stat is increased".

#67 Belechannas

Belechannas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Grounding totem doesn't work as well for raids as it does for PvP simply because it will only absorb spells and not abilities. Since most of bosses attacks fall into the ability category Grounding Totem will not react to them.

That (partially) answers something I've often wondered about; but is there any way to distinguish NPC abilities from NPC spells?

For instance, with an addon, by querying the API? (To be clear, I'm not asking for an addon that does this, but whether an addon *could* do this...)

#68 shats

shats

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

This is due to fact that the scaling in standard settings takes a positive and negative amount to calculate.
Meaning, it subtracts a certain set amount of your hit and sees the dps loss from that. And since being hit undercapped greatly reduces your dps, hit is valued higher (because you would loose a lot if you had less hit)

But you can tell SimC to "only use positive deltas" for scaling, meaning it only adds the certain set amount and looking at "how much does my dps increase if this stat is increased".

Ah, thanks for that clarification. I set the positive deltas option and hit weighting dropped to about half the value of the next highest secondary stat. That's more in line with what I would expect due to the small amount of abilities affected by hit after the cap.

#69 Therya

Therya

Fudge Muffin Addict

• Moderators
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

That (partially) answers something I've often wondered about; but is there any way to distinguish NPC abilities from NPC spells?

For instance, with an addon, by querying the API? (To be clear, I'm not asking for an addon that does this, but whether an addon *could* do this...)

The best way to try this is by experimenting when you are wiping (if you can afford it). I am not aware of any addon that would help you with that.

#70 shunuro

shunuro

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

was reading tier 15 enhance set bonus" (2) set your storm strike also grants you 2 additional charges of maelstrom weapon."

and decided to test "Unleashed Fury" against "Primal Elemental" to see which is better . to do an honest test used a test dummy full rotation for 5 min . at the end of test noticed that "Primal Elemental" out performed "unleashed Fury" by about 5000 damage per second. then just to see how well the tier 15 (2) set bonus worked tried "Elemental Blast" for 5 min full rotation . and was happy to see it out performed "primal elemental by 5000+ damage per second .

reviewing buff uptime (Skada Summary) maelstrom weapon up on boss 77.25% of the time and had a full 5 stacks about every 4.78 sec allowing you to alternate elemental blast and lighting bolt and still have enough 5 stacks to get extra lighting bolts , in my test I had 24 elemental blasts and 36 lighting bolts . "Elemental Blast" buff uptime on my test was 55.6% out of the possible 75% if done perfectly which just shows that the potential could be even better. based off the 12 second cool down and the 8 sec buff.

if you could check this using the tier15 2pc set bonus and let me know if you get the same conclusion would really like to hear your findings .

my shaman is currently wearing 2 pc set bonus from tier 14 and the 2 pc set bonus from 15. it might be a combination of the 2 sets bonuses that led to my findings . my shaman is Beyancai on US server Silvermoon.

#71 Zemill

Zemill

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

So, ive seen my burst dps top out around 530k, and avg burst in the 400ks. But, for an entire fight my dps might average out somewhere in the 150s range or lower depending on the fight etc. (Just did Gall with 430k burst and 167 for entire fight)

So, my question is this; is this something we normally see as enhancement, or am I just not using my CDs effectively?

At the beginning I am using all of them. Pot-Ele Mas-Fire elemental-Wolves-ascendance and stormlash...pair that with heroism. But for the rest of the fight I am just hitting CDs as they come up. Any dps increase in waiting for pairs to come together? I know a few will by themselves anyway

Feel free to look at my char/build Zemill of whisperwind.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

#72 Pyrdon

Pyrdon

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

That's pretty much the same I experience. I have a pretty high burst and then slowly drop down, have a slightly increase when Asc, EM and SynapseSprings (and maybe gylphed FE) come back up and so on.

#73 Faerion

Faerion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hi folks,

Got a question about the PTR information.
With the change to FE glyph and the cd going down to 2.5mn, would that mean we would be able to reset it with Call of the Elements ?

#74 eldemar

eldemar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hey guys, our guild started doing Heroic ToT a few weeks ago and I have a few questions.

1. I recently received a few pieces of heroic gear, but it would require me to break my 4pc. The pieces are much higher in mastery which I am not beginning to value much more as we are progressing through heroics. I feel like the added mastery would benefit me in the many oh crap this person is about to die scenarios on many of the different fights.

2. Does our mastery work on the shell buff on Tortos? So will someone with a lower shield get a bigger heal and thus a bigger shield than someone who has a shield almost at full? So does the game consider the shield bonus to work the same as lower health?

thanks for any help.

#75 dante`afk

dante`afk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hi,

so I started with WoW 2.5 months ago, I am fairly new to the game but have other MMO experience.

This is my current profile: http://eu.battle.net...us/Yngvi/simple

My DPS on raid encounters is low compared to other enhancement shamans. How do I know this? I am still grinding tokens for the epic cloak on the raid finder, so sometimes there are other enhancement shamans with worse/slightly worse gear than mine that have a lot higher burst dmg and also higher sustain dps. Up to 100k higher. So my burst might to up to 500-600 while theirs is 800k. My sustained over the time dps could be 190-230 while theirs is 300-360k.

My rotation is OK I guess (?), I have followed the Icy Veins guide and also double checked with shock awe addon that I am not missing anything rotation wise.

So I got to the point where I have no idea what I am doing wrong and what to do to improve it. Any suggestions?

Here is a Video to better visualize and point out my mistakes. (yes I missed to cast a couple of times searing totem on time due to tunnel vision :P )

Thanks!

#76 draghkar

draghkar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Crit is not a stat you have to go for. And you have a few bad pieces there. Also your offpiece is not the head but the shoulders.

Look at my profile to see the items you have to aim for.

http://eu.battle.net...r/Kalman/simple

#77 Ehren

Ehren

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Hi there,

first off...I am a mediocre player and not much about complex theorycrafting (my english is mediocre too, but I guess you'll get my point). My guild and me are currently raiding hc and killed Thok last ID. Since I know all the encounters now until Blackfuse I am trying to really push my dps to the max. Which also is mandatory for our Blackfuse progress right now. :P

My beliefs were that:
EM/PE : for strong burst
AS/UF : more sustained dps

Now some enhancers claimed that AS/UF is outtdated and if going for UF you should get EotE, which I thought was only a considerable choice for aoe heavier fights like spoils or galakras.
So I played around, but since some bosses are still not really on farm depending on our setups, the fights are not steady enough that I can really get an opinion on what spec I should use.
F.e. I thought since I have to do belt on blackfuse that I should go for EM/PE burst-wise, but after 40 tries I realized I always pull more dps with AS/UF, especially on the weapons on the belt. The ele seems to bug sometimes though, that may be a reason too.

btw, I also ran some sims and on patchwerk and light movement fights AS/UF always won. But I guess I messed something up since the scale factors ended up in haste>crit>mastery

So, sorry for the little wall of text. I am just looking for some advice. ;)
You can check my gear under: http://eu.battle.net...hrenfeld/simple

Edited by Ehren, 22 January 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#78 n2dabyss

n2dabyss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

"
/cast Earthbind Totem
/stopcasting
/cast Spiritwalker's Grace
/stopcasting
/target Noobshamy
/castsequence Healing Surge, Healing Surge, Healing Surge
"
how do i make this work.?

==========
and this
"
/cast Windfury Weapon
/stopcasting
/cast Flametongue Weapon
"
only windfury will buff, and both of my weapons. i want flame in my off-hand, and wind in my main hand.
so how do i do this?

==========

oh, i more thing.
does meta gem runspeed + boots enchant runspeed, stack?

Edited by n2dabyss, 25 January 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#79 Lunaps

Lunaps

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

This is the macro I use for my weapon imbues:

/castsequence reset=5/shift Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon;
/castsequence reset=5/shift 16, 17;
/click StaticPopup1Button1

2 clicks and done.

• n2dabyss likes this

#80 n2dabyss

n2dabyss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

This is the macro I use for my weapon imbues:

/castsequence reset=5/shift Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon;
/castsequence reset=5/shift 16, 17;
/click StaticPopup1Button1

2 clicks and done.

yoh man, thank you for this. i just copy/paste'd it, it totally worked.

can you explain to me what the "reset=5/shift" is?

and also the "staticpopup1button1"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shamy, shaman, macro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users