Photo

Shaman: Simple Questions thread, a rule-7-free zone (Mists edition)

shamy shaman macro

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 n2dabyss

n2dabyss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

"
/castsequence Feral Spirit, Spirit Walk, Twin Howl
"
how about this, bro?

#82 Lunaps

Lunaps

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

The reset is the time (5 seconds) or key (shift) you use to reset the macro so it starts from the beginning.  The static popup button is the part that bypasses having to click on the  "OK" button when overwriting imbues.  I've had this macro for quite some time and you may be able to leave off the staticpopup line.  Not sure if it asks for the confirmation any longer.

#83 Lunaps

Lunaps

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Not sure what you're asking.  What do you want the macro to do?  You no longer need to summon the Feral Spirits to gain access to Spirit Walk. And Twin Howl was removed from the game.

#84 Vondem

Vondem

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:07 AM

Hey dudes,

I just changed up my talents after realizing that Echo of the Elements and Unleashed Fury are not the most effective talents (can't believe it took me so long to notice this!). I did some research and discovered that most (if not, all) enhancement shamans take Elemental Mastery and Primal Elementalist. I do understand the benefits of taking these talents over my previous choices, but I am unsure how to properly utilize Primal Elementalist.

That being said, is it more beneficial to channel Empower for the duration of the Fire Elemental or allow it to attack the boss? I'm under the assumption that allowing it to attack the boss is more beneficial, as the damage buff provided is only 5%.

Also I assume that you pop Earth Elemental on cooldown, as any additional damage would clearly enhance (no pun intended) damage output. The Reinforce spell should only be cast to provide a strong survival cooldown if needed.

Please point out anything wrong with my logic! Additionally, if you find anything wrong with my itemization, please feel free to let me know. I appreciate the input :D

Armory: http://us.battle.net...Aruman/advanced

#85 Vondem

Vondem

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

(This post was moved, so it may be out of context. I hope whoever was asking for help finds this!)

I'm not exactly a professional at enhancement shaman this expansion, as my main has always been my warlock or restoration shaman, but I recently ended up having to play my shaman as enhancement due to the composition of our raid. As for your itemization I believe many of your pieces aren't ideal. Your necklace, shoulders, chestpiece, bracers, boots, and your first ring (reality ripper) have an excess amount of crit on them. I do understand that these pieces may be what's available to you, as I've had some bad luck with drops too, but you primarily want to reach for the pieces with mastery and haste on them. The necklace from immersius, shoulders from norushen, tier chestpiece (also to maintain the 4 piece set bonus), bracers from galakras (bracers from siegecrafter are technically BiS, but you'd probably need the hit from the galakras bracers to maintain your hit cap), boots from iron juggernaut, and the ring from malkorak (being that you haven't killed paragons yet, otherwise the ring from paragons would be BiS) are all definite upgrades for the ideal itemization of enhancement shamans this patch.

From my understanding, crit is the least useful secondary stat and most of your pieces have a standard amount of crit. If you look at my itemization (Armory: http://us.battle.net...Aruman/advanced) the pieces I've listed above are what I aimed for. Although your overall gear is much better than mine (I'm only 3/14 heroic) my mastery is about 7% higher. As a gauge, I usually pull anywhere around 320k-350k DPS, depending on the fight. With your ability to pick up much better heroic pieces you should be able to maintain your ~54.8k attack power and substitute a lot of that excess crit for mastery, which should prove to be better a damage output than current.

However, this is just my opinion based on what I've learned and researched over the past few months. Like I said previously, I'm kind of new to enhancement (~4/5 months). Hope this was somewhat helpful!

Edited by Vondem, 16 February 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#86 Vondem

Vondem

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

(This post was moved, so it may be out of context. I hope whoever was asking for help finds this!)

It also looks like you are casting flame shock on cooldown. You should only be refreshing flame shock when it has very little time left on the DoT and you can unleash elements to increase it's damage (from to the flametongue buff). For the duration of the debuff, you should be casting earth shock on cooldown. By casting flame shock on every cooldown you are only allowing the enhanced flame shock (from unleashed elements) to tick for a few seconds before replacing it with a weaker one. Also, maintaining the earth shock debuff by using this rotation should help your tanks out slightly, as it should provide the "weakened blows" debuff to the boss, reducing damage done by 10%.

On another note, I'm not 100% sure why your DPS readings are relatively low... I'm at about the same item level as you (Armory: http://us.battle.net...Aruman/advanced) and I usually pull about 280k DPS (self buffed) on a dummy after the same amount of time. I'm also under the impression that this video was taken before you had the gear listed on your armory (based on context), so that could be it!

Edited by Vondem, 16 February 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#87 Aelan

Aelan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Hi. My armory http://eu.battle.net.../Аэлан/advanced

My dps on hc garrosh little low than expected. Enchancements, which trinkets and talents u chose fpr this fight? Seems like PE + EM not panacea on this encaunter. For example, i should use ascendance + racial + em (i can kill it without EM) to solo kill 1 pack in Temple of the Jade Serpent. So, i can't use my bursts together. Detonator or Talisman of haromn? EM+PE, EB+echo of elements. UF + echo, or which talents/trinkets i should choose? Thx for help, sry for bad english. With pleasure, Andrew.

Edited by Aelan, 15 February 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#88 Iiswin

Iiswin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:12 AM

Fast question: I main restoration shaman with an elemental offspec, My item level is getting closer to 570 (568 atm) and I was wondering if my dps has plateaued. I use Echo of the Elements with Elemental Blast but I've heard that once my gear get's high enough I should switch over to using Unleash Fury. If this is true, when exactly should I make the switch?

PS: I'm prioritizing my stats as Hit Cap > Mastery > Int > Haste > Crit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shamy, shaman, macro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users