• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#21 solid77

solid77

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I have some questions about DRW and what it can copy... I know that it will copy your diseases so you end up with 2 applications of each, but does this only work with FS/PS? or will it also copy outbreak? I'm assuming only if DRW has applied its own diseases on a target can you use pestilence to spread the DRW applied diseases to others? Also, will DRW copy unholy blight? If it does, do you get double applications of each disease?

thanks.

#22 Thepiegod

Thepiegod

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

DRW will not copy Unholy Blight, but it will copy an outbreak cast which puts up a double set of dots and yes, you do have to have DRW set up its own set with either an out cast our PS/IT to get a double spread since it will copy pestilence but since if does not have a set of diseases tied to itself to copy with its pestilence it wont. As far as I am aware it then copies just about every other attack that you can utilize, BB, Soul Reaper, HS, DS, RS yadda yadda.

#23 Debby

Debby

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hey all,

Anyone can help with this?

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

These are Feng HC tries (none ended up to a kill) and the DK in question is obviously Mollywhomp (me) (the other is Blood). Can you find the reason of such low damage done or is it normal for the gear? I would like some suggestions please.

Thank you in advance!

#24 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon.

• • Guide Author
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Debby ~
The trinket from brewfest is bad, heroic eye of unmaking is actually better. Try to grab lessons of the dark-master or the one from stormstout brewery.
You're a little low on expertise, but being an orc, you can grab an axe for a free 1%, 340 rating. I'd suggest the gleaming ravager.
You could grab a mastery enchant on your bracers.
Getting expertise capped, even at the cost of some haste, is worth it.
As far as your logs, you averaged 33.3% crit rate on oblits, and a 27.5% crit rate on FSs. Using more KM procs on oblits and less on FSs will help.
Good luck!

#25 huntcaudata

huntcaudata

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

The stat weights calculated for 2H frost have Haste at greater than half the value of Strength. However, there are absolutely zero DKs actually gemming as if this were the case. I thought perhaps folks had run their own sims and had seen that these weights are a bit off at current gear levels (Simcraft is giving me fits at the moment and I can't check myself), but even the BiS list has red gems used.

Does the community just flat out not believe the calculated stat weights, should we be worried about capping haste already, or is this just being missed?

#26 blessed

blessed

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

It is worth to cap hit/expertise as blood dk (for more Scent of Blood procs)? Almost all top raiding bdk don't bother with it, but I still asking, because of more runic power, mean more tier 5 procs for more runes, and more death strikes.

#27 royaljester

royaljester

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

The stat weights calculated for 2H frost have Haste at greater than half the value of Strength. However, there are absolutely zero DKs actually gemming as if this were the case. I thought perhaps folks had run their own sims and had seen that these weights are a bit off at current gear levels (Simcraft is giving me fits at the moment and I can't check myself), but even the BiS list has red gems used.

Does the community just flat out not believe the calculated stat weights, should we be worried about capping haste already, or is this just being missed?

I socketed haste after 2 50k sims showed me at 1.42 for haste and 2.63 for str for quite a ways up on the plot points.

I would imagine most people either a) know that at some point str will be better and so are doing it now, or B) don't trust the change in theory and aren't going to change their minds anytime soon.

I personally found a dps increase and a QoL increase because of the extra haste. Having runes be more reliable and consistent made game play easier, which was worth any possible loss.

#28 lilucky136

lilucky136

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

I socketed haste after 2 50k sims showed me at 1.42 for haste and 2.63 for str for quite a ways up on the plot points.

I would imagine most people either a) know that at some point str will be better and so are doing it now, or B) don't trust the change in theory and aren't going to change their minds anytime soon.

I personally found a dps increase and a QoL increase because of the extra haste. Having runes be more reliable and consistent made game play easier, which was worth any possible loss.

I did sim's and scaled my weights and it showed haste greater then half to. Though I tried gemming haste and then simm'd at 50k again and my dps went down by about 2-4k. That is why I don't gem pure haste.

#29 Zakaveli

Zakaveli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

Sorry for the double post...

Quick question for you guys. Everytime I change a piece or two around and reforge/re-gem to meet Mr.Robots specifications (with the stat weights I get from simCraft) , and then run simCraft again, I get new stat weights. I understand your stat weights will flucuate but my haste and mastery keep flipping and I've reforged 7-10 pieces quite a few times just from mastery to haste or vice versa. What should I do?

#30 Thepiegod

Thepiegod

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Sorry for the double post...

Quick question for you guys. Everytime I change a piece or two around and reforge/re-gem to meet Mr.Robots specifications (with the stat weights I get from simCraft) , and then run simCraft again, I get new stat weights. I understand your stat weights will flucuate but my haste and mastery keep flipping and I've reforged 7-10 pieces quite a few times just from mastery to haste or vice versa. What should I do?

Use simcraft to run plots to show the break points for the stats.

#31 Zakaveli

Zakaveli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Okay I added the plots but I dont notice anything different in my report. I also just ran simCraft while reforged to mastery, ran it again and haste > mastery ...reforged to haste and ran again...mastery > haste . What am I supposed to stick with? lol I assume mastery will be on top for multi target fights

#32 CB2BiG4U

CB2BiG4U

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

It was said but I will say it again. Run your simcraft with plots and it will bring up another graph that shows the break points of haste, mastery, ect... At that point you know when to stop stacking mastery and stack more haste and vice versa.

#33 Zakaveli

Zakaveli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Thanks for the help! When you guys run your sims do you limit the scale/plot choices? Right now I'm only doing str/haste/mastery, do you recomend more? Thanks

#34 lichdawg

lichdawg

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

I would like to ask a question regarding item VP upgrades. Is it fair to assume, that considering our stat weights, the optimal upgrades for a DK will be:

If BIS or weapon then upgrade, otherwise upgrade the item that provide your highest main stat.

#35 7alisman

7alisman

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

The item level increase is linear, and identical from one piece of gear to the next, with the only differences being it's initial budget (ie, gloves have less stats then chest or legs). If valor was an endless supply, I would agree with focusing on the highest primary stat gain, but due to the weekly caps I'd argue you might be better off banking it for that pretty purple you have been waiting for.

As far as straight throughput is concerned, you'll probably get the biggest bang for your buck focusing on weapons and trinkets (namely the DMC as it is so easily obtained, and arguably top 3 BiS before the upgrades).

In the end (excluding potential racial benefits), you don't want to waste 1500 valor on making a 489 Elegion a 497, only to have a 496 Scimitar of Seven Stars drop you could have upgraded to a 504.

#36 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

There's a further complication to consider. Not all trinkets gain the same amount when upgraded. For example, here are the 3 trinkets contending for BiS before 5.1.

Darkmist Vortex - Trinkets - Armor - Items - WowDB
Lei Shen's Final Orders - Trinkets - Armor - Items - WowDB
Relic of Xuen - Trinkets - Armor - Items - WowDB

|static increase|proc increase|uptime
Darkmist Vortext heroic|101 STR|606 haste|~19.8%
Lei Shen heroic|95 haste|282 STR|~41.8%
DMC: Tiger|74 STR|235 STR|~32.1%

#37 Khazim

Khazim

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hello,

I am currently wondering about 2 things concerning unholy and fail to find conclusive information. I know that summons no longer take snapshots these days, but how do diseases work? I used to apply diseases with strong buffs in order to keep them up with FS in their buffed state. Is this still possible?

Also, which is the best way to use on use trinkets? I currently use them when summoning Gary and Unholy Frenzy to maximize their effects, but I have read somewhere that it would be worth it to macro it with dark transformation because the ghoul in its buffed state has become quite powerful. Which one is stronger now?

#38 Thepiegod

Thepiegod

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hello,

I am currently wondering about 2 things concerning unholy and fail to find conclusive information. I know that summons no longer take snapshots these days, but how do diseases work? I used to apply diseases with strong buffs in order to keep them up with FS in their buffed state. Is this still possible?

Also, which is the best way to use on use trinkets? I currently use them when summoning Gary and Unholy Frenzy to maximize their effects, but I have read somewhere that it would be worth it to macro it with dark transformation because the ghoul in its buffed state has become quite powerful. Which one is stronger now?

Diseases still have their damage calculated from the attack power values at the time they are applied, so it is best to apply them with as many buffs as you can and maintain that set of diseases as long as you can. As for the second part, and this could be the exhaustion talking, but I am not exactly sure what you are asking.

#39 Magdalena

Magdalena

Heroic Class of Heroism

• • Guide Author
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

The best way to use on use trinkets is to maximise uptime.

This means you want to be using them as soon as they come off cooldown unless there's a special situation such as downtime on the boss (i.e. transition or "can't be attacked" phase) or Haste trinkets being used during Bloodlust/Heroism (this is due to the assumption that Heroism alone will be enough to GCD cap you).

If you can get trinkets to line up with cooldowns, great: Use them in conjunction since lining up CDs is usually good for us. But don't start delaying trinket usage unless there's a significant burn phase or DPS buff you're about to gain very shortly.

Death Knight Blog

Personal Blog

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

<Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

#40 Damyou

Damyou

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Does the rolling AP updating of summons extend to army of Timmy now too or is that still a snapshot as well as diseases?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users