• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#41 Magdalena

Magdalena

Heroic Class of Heroism

• • Guide Author
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Does the rolling AP updating of summons extend to army of Timmy now too or is that still a snapshot as well as diseases?

Army of the Dead now also dynamically updates in a fashion similar to the ghoul.

Death Knight Blog

Personal Blog

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

<Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

#42 lichdawg

lichdawg

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I have been following the DK forums discussions since they were created and I never saw a dedicated UI section specific to death knight. I found this a bit disconcerting considering the complexity of the class and having to monitor so many ressources. I feel that a well layed out UI plays a good part in helping achieve a better raid performance.

Can any of you send me a screenshot of his/her ui. Alternatively could any of the "senior" posters consider if adding a dedicated DK UI/mod sections could be beneficial tot he community?

#43 Damyou

Damyou

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

There are recommendations on some of the individual spec threads but if you want to see an example mine is relatively minimal. The main DK related addons I use are DDR for runes and diseases, blood shield tracker, vengeance and TMW and NTK for procs and CD's.
http://ragequit-kilr...6613#pid=936529
If you have any questions pm me.

#44 Orusthar

Orusthar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hello all. I would like to ask you about DS on Blood DKs. Does it still heals you if it doesnt land? Or did they fixed it , so I would need hit/expertise cap?

#45 Damyou

Damyou

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

It still heals. Have a read of the blood DK thread for a full explanation.

#46 Ozriel

Ozriel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hi guys, I have a question for you.

Right now, haste and mastery are basically simming neck and neck, and I don't know what to go for, so right now I gemmed haste and reforged mastery.

It seems like when I go haste and sim, mastery becomes more valuable, and vice versa. What am I supposed to do and when will a stat become clearly better?

EDIT: 492 ilvl

#47 Thepiegod

Thepiegod

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hi guys, I have a question for you.

Right now, haste and mastery are basically simming neck and neck, and I don't know what to go for, so right now I gemmed haste and reforged mastery.

It seems like when I go haste and sim, mastery becomes more valuable, and vice versa. What am I supposed to do and when will a stat become clearly better?

EDIT: 492 ilvl

This question was actually answered in the simple questions thread, but I will make a re-iteration here, when you run simcraft set it up to run plots for haste and mastery, you can then see on a graph at what values of haste/mastery what you should be aiming for with the gear you have.

#48 Ozriel

Ozriel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post or you misunderstood mine, but I did run sims, and haste and mastery are pretty even.

#49 Sinthanor

Sinthanor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post or you misunderstood mine, but I did run sims, and haste and mastery are pretty even.

I think you misunderstood Thepiegod,
You shall run plots for haste and mastery to get more information about which stat will became better if your gear (and stats) increase. Specific stat weights for breakpoints are often not that usefull because they flip around each time you change some of the conflicting stats.

Greets

#50 Ozriel

Ozriel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thank you very much, and sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

EDIT:

So I ran the plots, and I got this.

http://8.chart.apis....10,1,3&chtt=DPS Scaling|Ozryel Damage Per Second&chts=dddddd,18

Not too helpful, lol.. Am I supposed to gem and reforge half and half?

#51 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon.

• • Guide Author
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Thank you very much, and sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

EDIT:

So I ran the plots, and I got this.

http://8.chart.apis....10,1,3&chtt=DPS Scaling|Ozryel Damage Per Second&chts=dddddd,18

Not too helpful, lol.. Am I supposed to gem and reforge half and half?

I would suggest running higher iterations, that looks like RNG rearing it's ugly head.

#52 Ozriel

Ozriel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I put the max iterations and plot points, etc.

#53 7alisman

7alisman

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

I put the max iterations and plot points, etc.

But you only based your plots off of +/- 500 (Reforge amount of 200, with 50 plots)

A proper range to check reforging should be in the realm of 2-3k to get a true feeling of the curve. Try something along the lines of Reforge amount of 250, with at least 200 plots, and you will see the curve smooth out a bit, to give a more accurate representation of the averaging.

#54 crazy dodo

crazy dodo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm sure these questions have been asked a million times, but I just want to get the current flavor of things.

1. What is the dps gap between the 3 damage specs (uh/2h frost/dw frost) since the last patch?
2. Which spec scales better with gear?
3. Which spec handles better for AOE?

Thank you in advance!

We have you surrounded, at least from this side.

#55 7alisman

7alisman

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm sure these questions have been asked a million times, but I just want to get the current flavor of things.

1. What is the dps gap between the 3 damage specs (uh/2h frost/dw frost) since the last patch?
2. Which spec scales better with gear?
3. Which spec handles better for AOE?

Thank you in advance!

1. Based on single target patchwerk style fights from Simcraft as of 510-6 (r14979):
In BiS:1H Frost (119.4k) / 2H Frost (119.1k) / 2H Unholy (113.7k)

2. Based solely on personal opinion, I'd have to say that 1H frost's viability has a lot to do with 496+ weapons. Obviously all 3 of the specs will do better with weapons, but I coudn't justify the swap to 1H (based on sim results) until 496 weapons.

3. Most of this depends on the circumstance. While I personally believe that unholy will always come out on top for sustained AoE damage, it really depends on how long the adds are alive. Think the elegon pillar phase adds (AoE burst), vs the Windlord adds (sustained AoE). Again, IMO, 1H Masterfrost really isn't that far "behind" pure sustained AoE damage of unholy, but with significantly less ramp up time, and most definitely a better burst.

#56 Ozriel

Ozriel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

But you only based your plots off of +/- 500 (Reforge amount of 200, with 50 plots)

A proper range to check reforging should be in the realm of 2-3k to get a true feeling of the curve. Try something along the lines of Reforge amount of 250, with at least 200 plots, and you will see the curve smooth out a bit, to give a more accurate representation of the averaging.

From what I see, the maximum number of plots I can select is 50, and the plot step amount 25. That is what I have set. As for reforge, as you suggested, I used 300 amount and 20 step amount. I tried again and got pretty much the same kind of graph. :S

#57 Ynir

Ynir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

My frost dk uses two LFR Kilrak swords. MRROBOT says the 550 str gem should go in the offhand slot. Why?

(Chardev doesn't recognize some of my gear, so I am unable to use simcraft to see what difference changing slots would make.)

#58 rhapso

rhapso

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

My frost dk uses two LFR Kilrak swords. MRROBOT says the 550 str gem should go in the offhand slot. Why?

(Chardev doesn't recognize some of my gear, so I am unable to use simcraft to see what difference changing slots would make.)

Maybe it's trying to save you some money: If you get an upgrade, you want to use it on your main hand slot, not the offhand - thus you don't need to buy another legendary gem, if you keep the lfr-kilrak with the gem in the offhand.

#59 blessed

blessed

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Anybody know, why does simc use and tier legs (off tier ) in their frost 2h profile? Which bis is more accurate - that one in this thread, or the one used in simc?
Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users