• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#321 Torima

Torima

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

Your gear and such look fine except you should get rid of your green gems and replace them with agi/master or agi/haste for your orange sockets and probably enchant your bracers with agi.  Your damage looks to be in the ball park at least but kinda hard since all the fights are a bit different but not having the meta or the cloak will have a large impact on your damage output in comparison to anyone that does.  As far as flex goes you should be more then fine to do any part in there.  You might be a bit low on normal but then again most of the fights the enrage timers are irrelevant as long as you aren't taking excessive damage or die to avoidable things if you can find a group to go with.

#322 Boarson

Boarson

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

Legendary Meta/cloak will make a large difference.  Combat should more and more the way to go, the more you rise your ilvl. (combat scales better with gear , and there's a great synergy with AoC trinket)

#323 Torima

Torima

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

All three specs are viable on any fight and honestly and it really depends on what role your doing more then anything else or even what weapons you have available to use.  Are combats numbers larger on most fights, sure.  Sub and Assassination both easily hold their own on single target and a lot of the extreme high numbers come from blade flurry coupled with a larger sample of combat, which a majority of fights have adds or multiple bosses.

The real question comes down to a matter of what other classes you have in your raid.  I currently raid 25's and have a abundant amount of dot/cleave classes so going combat only soaks damage that another class could easily do instead and the extra cleave isn't needed (I only play combat if absolutely necessary), let alone any that actually gain more single target by having multiple adds up longer.  

Edited by Torima, 08 February 2014 - 08:21 PM.

• TerellinMisha likes this

#324 Kuball

Kuball

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:06 AM

I'm in need of some help. I've recently swapped to combat to help my raid out and it's been a while since I've played it. What should an optimal single target opener look like. My usual rotation is trix>pot>stealth>ambush>KS>ADR+SB>into normal rotation. I can't seem to get my burst as high as i feel it should be. 

Also, anyone pooling CP's for BG? my numbers are lower than i'm comfortable with. 

#325 Xgton

Xgton

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well Basically I used to play TBC, Wrath and cata but i quit in MoP i came back on the 16/02/2014. I was combat before with 450 ilvl and geared to 515 ilvl I'm doing terrible dps on dummies around 90-100k dps.

and around 90-120k dps in raids. Is it just my terrible gear or what?

http://shadowcraft.m...mill/stabmore/#!/jVLvb5swFPxf/BlV2CUs0X1bu6VTlVVTmjVRhBAGBwghUEO7Jn/9jh/tFGmaZnjmuHfv/DDeSkdUv14AdULhetj/XAGolnMyZDu8riF3L1Ap9k8bxg0+Rn2/hJxlUM2YGwL1lzfWJzjczvroXeX37Pbb4kSzRefdC6Fg85Yez38o+O3a3ZEzeF+tWpd8b6A+f2ge02bNcjv0eN8SFwNeFWN3z5tyRFTHdyO2h4Re8/eeOeSP093j+TywycjKUS4c7lAkHKGkK11FoFcTaO0zFHT2lTGHXmnhbAUnIaWSUhKki4QaDzraDJpeeyP+0y5wtlvpOl5AywZTTB76rnTedbWE/9S3N/WBB5y5uHT+erEcHusm3GqNa0aMAglSsppsAi6NGeMTM1MqDfM75jUiopqoQMY553OPtPvOMgvNW21smzcmtFGbH9OwejXW5onhhl15PFT/lLhXviOyqGnNRd21I8qOtKcLWjki5jG54PhXDlFrjvGpc3NZGSWvYR3ZqGy4q7x3lY1NWNu8Yi1V4ljFWXRMjQiCXiCC3w== 

This says i should be doing 140k+ DPS. 

My rotation is Stealth, SS if needed, Multilate to 5 combo points then SnD, the 5x then Rupture, then refreshing rupture. I let my energy go back to 70-80 sometimes higher then envenom. I don't use envenom when Envenom buff is up. I use Vendetta and Shadow blades plus pot at the begin of a fight normally so i can use them soon as there off cooldown. 

If there is anything wrong with this rotation can you tell me?

I am writing this because I'm worried that it's not my gear and im playing wrong.

• Bomber likes this

#326 Elbereth

Elbereth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

I'm unable to open the l8ink you provided but have you turned off buffs not available to you when dps'ing on a dummy ? I.e. bloodlust or other raid buffs. Also 515 ilvl is not that high 140k + dps might be a bit unrealistic.

I dont know about the rotation well myself but there is a seperate thread for Mutilate on the forum

#327 Nevernite

Nevernite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

working link.

don't mind the massive amounts of typos and grammar mistakes followed by edits

#328 Misnitestabn

Misnitestabn
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Maybe he means peaking at that much dps,  I generally see that even though I'm under geared i will spike to around that if not higher provided I start up properly and make next to no errors...Although the free dispatch proc from RNG's Mutilates tend to disagree with me. :(

#329 Bomber

Bomber

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

@xgton
Obvious problem I see with your rotation is that you're waiting for 5cp before your initial SnD & Rupture. SnD immediately after your opening mutilate, and then get rupture ticks going ASAP regardless of the number of CPs. Remember that envenom will reset SnD to its max value (unlike similar mechanics which might set a buff back to its original value), and that the main benefit of a Rupture is the increased energy gain from its ticks.

You can then begin your rotation as normal, ensuring you always 5cp Rupture after the initial smaller Rupture. You are correct in that you should avoid clipping the envenom buff, however in cases where you may cap energy and have almost maxed your extra CPs, you should still Envenom regardless.

Hope this is of some help. Obviously there is a lot more to it, and this is discussed in the assassin thread... but these are the basics.

#330 RetroRogue

RetroRogue

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hey guys, I'm a returning rogue from about 4-5 years back, and well I was looking all over and could find no info on my question. Can rogues still be deadly with maces like we were years back? All I see now is Daggers. If so I'm guessing I would have to go Combat?. Thanks in advance!

#331 timwoj

timwoj

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

Mace/axe/sword/fist are all combat-spec weapons due to the speed.  Combat wants slow, hard-hitting weapons at least in the main-hand.  Off-hand can be pretty much anything.  Assassination should go daggers only, due to Mutilate wanting two daggers.

#332 Aslice

Aslice

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

I do not PvP - however I seem to recall a "thing" where maces had a chance to stun (?).

If so - that I am fairly sure is gone ...

#333 LukeWalker

LukeWalker

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

so in patch 5.4.8 we will  get +8 Item-Level.

i wonder which specc will profit most of it. my guess is combat since we all know combat scales hard with gear, what is your opinion ?

fr2rAZx.png

#334 Dubamine

Dubamine

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Hey guys, just a quick and easy question:

I currently rock a Mut/Sub dual build, switching between the two based on the fight; Sub if I'll be stuck behind the boss (Iron Jug, Malk, Siegecrafter, Garrosh) or Mut if there's adds, or I can't stay behind boss consistently (Spoils, Thok, Immerseus, etc).

I looked up how the top rogues are gearing/speccing, and it seems like Combat is easily the most played spec at higher ilvls. Right now I'm sitting at 565 ilvl and I'm thinking about dropping one of my specs to pick up Combat. Which one should I drop?

Also, would I have to reforge when I switch? I'm not too familiar with Combat, having played Mut for 99% of my WoW career (just started Sub in SoO).

Thanks everyone!

#335 frigginwizard

frigginwizard

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

I would drop assassination, though I cant remember the last time I activated my sub spec. I just run combat on every fight at this point.

#336 nordveien

nordveien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

If you're comfortable playing Sub (and I would assume you are, since you use it on the bosses that are turning around quite a bit, like Malk and Blackfuse), you should have no problems learning how to play Combat quickly enough. Sub rotation is more complicated than Combat, and it could be said that the two are more or less alike, while Assassination playstyle is very different compared to both other specs. Generally, in SoO you'll see higher or close numbers with Combat on most of the fights, due to cleaving possibilities, ease of target switching and reduced positional requirements. That's mostly why Combat is spec du jour in the current tier.

My point is, don't be scared to learn Combat and start using it on every fight. If you just learned Sub recently, learning Combat should not be a problem.

As for which one to drop, I would say leave Assn, since you're most familiar with it (unless there are any aspects of your Blackfuse or Garrosh strategies that require you going Sub, and re-learning how to do the fight as Assn or Combat would take a while). But you can always try dropping one spec and then change your mind later based on the results. Since there are no "strict" requirements now to take one or the other spec for certain fights, each fight can be done while playing each spec (the only "requirements" I can think of might be dictated by your guild strategies), the answer to your question should lie in the personal preferences category. The fastest way to test this and learn more about your personal preferences would be probably to run some Flex raids.

You might need to reforge if you go Combat, mostly because you'll have to change at least one weapon and that can mess up your hit/exp caps. If you swap your weapons and find yourself under the caps, I would advise you correct it with reforging (as a cheat, you could tune this by equipping different pieces of gear in other slots if you have spares, and playing with their reforges/gems/enchants). If you go above the caps, you might as well not worry about it in the beginning while you're learning, it won't affect you dps that much. For optimal reforges and gemming consult with http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/.

Edited by nordveien, 15 May 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#337 Dubamine

Dubamine

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

Thanks guy!

I did make the switch to Combat and dropped Sub in the process. I've been testing it out in our heroics this week, and I actually prefer Combat at this point. We were doing Iron Jug last night and I was actually doing more single target with Combat than I was Assassination!

Looking at Shadowcraft, and the top PvE rogues out there, it looks like I have a lot of regemming to do. Looks like just about everyone recommends replacing agil gems with straight up haste at this gear level haha.

I think Galakras is what made me fall in love with Combat though :P

#338 Babrak

Babrak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I need some help. I play an assassination rogue and I don't know why my dps is lacking so badly. I continuously read guides online to see where my problem is and I don't know what I need to tweak in order to maximize my dps. I know my rotation and I follow what the guides are telling me but I can't find out where my problem is. There's a link to my logs from my raid teams last raid and it's frustrating me to no end. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Armory link  http://us.battle.net...g/Babrak/simple

Logs link http://www.worldoflo...bsj/details/35/

#339 Dubamine

Dubamine

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I need some help. I play an assassination rogue and I don't know why my dps is lacking so badly. I continuously read guides online to see where my problem is and I don't know what I need to tweak in order to maximize my dps. I know my rotation and I follow what the guides are telling me but I can't find out where my problem is. There's a link to my logs from my raid teams last raid and it's frustrating me to no end. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Armory link  http://us.battle.net...g/Babrak/simple

Logs link http://www.worldoflo...bsj/details/35/

Well, the first big thing I see, is that you are below hit and expertise cap. Getting these up will make a difference.

Also, you are missing four enchants on your gear (bracers, gloves, legs, and shoulders). These also make a big difference.

I'm pretty bad at reading logs, but one thing that jumps out at me is it looks like you only have a 39.1% uptime for Slice and Dice? That is completely unacceptable, and you should have AT LEAST 99.5% or some ridiculous number for your uptime. It is cast with your first combo points, and is refreshed by Envenom (which should be cast WAYYYY before SnD is even close to dropping off).

Enchant your gear, reforge to hit the hit/exp caps (use ShadowCraft's website to get accurate reforging information), and PLEASEEEE maintain your SnD uptime. Melee autoattacks are a HUGE part of Assassination's damage output, and not having SnD just ruins the entire rotation.

#340 Alather

Alather

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hi, i've a simple question.

From patch 5.4.8 release and before upgrade 5 items, now, when reforging my assassination rogue the expertise stat don't go to cap.

With autoreforge i've maximum 7,36 (2513), simply quest is...why? 

sorry for my bad eng!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users