• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 ohcrocsle

ohcrocsle

Hvitserk Hook (aka Stinky)

• Guild Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

These do not seem to take into account Rapture returns, just raw Spirit.

Normally I'd prefer a static Int trinket with Spirit proc(Spirits, Relic) over static Spirit with Int proc(Qin-Xi's). However since Rapture mana returns have been changed to only be affected by Spirit, if you don't get a decent Rapture during a Spirit proc, static Spirit might provide more(stable) mana returns. Remember Rapture was buffed a few weeks ago and there were some indications that multiple procs were also back(intended?).

Has anyone done any theory crafting on the matter or maybe some thoughts?

Multi-rapture was back, but looks like it's gone with the 5.1 patch based on my Elegon parse from this week.

Note that because rapture is on a 12s cd and most trinkets are 15-20s durations, if you can time your use of shield well, you will get a higher return on your spirit than you would see from an averaged amount of spirit.
Say, for example, you have a trinket that provides 3000 spirit for 20s on a 1m cooldown. This averages to 1000 spirit. However, though your trinket is up for only 33% of the time, you can have the buff for 40% of your rapture procs. Also if you get a trinket with a buff duration of 15s, it will be stronger than a trinket of the same item level with a 20s duration, because the spirit buff will be stronger on the 15s trinket. I guess it's not relevant with item choices at the moment, but something to be aware of as long as rapture stays in its current state.

#82 Lottus

Lottus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Cutstitcher Medallion - Item - World of Warcraft is not on the Healing Trinkets (w/Math) list. Its a new item and its 496 so anyone has any info where does this item fit into the chain please?

#83 Gloryrider

Gloryrider

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Here is the blue post, go down to October 12th: [url=http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/235672-patch-505-hotfixes/]Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes: November 20 - MMO-Champion BlueTracker[/url

Thanks!

Also, on trinkets. I'm unsure about timing your raptures for this, the time you lose by delaying your rapture (and thus probably losing rapture procs on a total fight) to get a 2nd proc within the timeframe, lowers the gain you get from it.
What you can state though is that anyone who keeps track of it's rapture properly will get at least 1 proc during a buff that is up between 12-24 seconds, 2 with some luck.

#84 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Divine star was buffed?
Old formula:
Heal = 2528..4211 (+ 32.5%*SP)
With 22000sp Heal should be nearly 10-11k

And now its near 25k.

#85 Genjala

Genjala

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

From the blue hotfix post Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - November 29 - World of Warcraft
Divine Star now deals 40% more damage and 133% more healing, and its radius has been reduced by 33%.

#86 Perkeyone

Perkeyone

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

In the latest version of simcraft, this BiS profile is messed up
priest="Priest_Disc_Smite_T14H"
origin="http://mop.chardev.org/profile/75-Priest_Shadow_T14H_test2.html"
[...]
glyphs=dark_binding/mind_spike/inner_sanctum
[...]
actions=use_item,name=guardian_serpent_gloves
actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=40
actions+=/mindbender,if=cooldown_react
actions+=/hymn_of_hope,if=(pet.shadowfiend.active|pet.shadowfiend.active)&mana.pct<=20
actions+=/berserking
actions+=/power_word_shield,if=buff.weakened_soul.down
actions+=/shadow_word_death
actions+=/shadow_word_pain,if=miss_react
actions+=/holy_fire
actions+=/penance
actions+=/smite
DPS	DPS(e)	DPS Error	DPS Range	DPR	RPS Out	RPS In	Primary Resource	Waiting	APM	Active	Skill
43035.1	43035.1	87.91 / 0.20%	2289 / 5.3%	9.6	3386.1	2734.3	Mana			37.98%	31.4	100.0%	100%
First off, 2 of those glyphs are shadow only, and second, the action sequence just chain casts SW:P until you nearly oom, which is easy to do when you never meet the conditions for a hymn of hope by specing into mindbender
Default action list
#	count	action,conditions
6	8.13	use_item,name=guardian_serpent_gloves
7	1.00	jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=40
8	8.14	mindbender,if=cooldown_react
9	0.00	hymn_of_hope,if=(pet.shadowfiend.active|pet.shadowfiend.active)&mana.pct<=20
A	3.06	berserking
B	3.44	power_word_shield,if=buff.weakened_soul.down
C	5.23	shadow_word_death
D	39.67	shadow_word_pain,if=miss_react
E	34.90	holy_fire
F	13.60	penance
G	119.05	smite
Sample Sequence

68ABDDDDDDDDDDDDDDBDDDDDDDDDDDDDDBDEGGEGGGE68FGGGGDGEFGDGGEGGGEGGGEGGG68EFGGGGGGFDEGGGGGGEGGGEGGGEGGA68FEDGGGGGFGGEDGGGEGGGEGGGEGG68FEBDGGGDGFGEDGGGEGGGEGGGEGGG68EFGGGGGDFEGGGGGEGGGEGGGEGGA68FGEGGCCGFGGDEGGGEGGGEGGGEG7G68CCEFDGGCC
Spamming [noparse]SW:P[/noparse] 14 times in a row? Lmao.
Also, pennace has much higher DPE than HF so it should be higher priority.
After fixing those issues, and resimming, dps is up 13.5k and waiting time (being oom) is down 12%.
This seems to be using shadow BiS gear so spirit is very low so rapture is not actually netting mana.

DPS	DPS(e)	DPS Error	DPS Range	DPR	RPS Out	RPS In	Primary Resource	Waiting	APM	Active	Skill
56568.7	56568.7	169.22 / 0.30%	4362 / 7.7%	12.2	3777.8	3166.9	Mana			25.73%	37.0	100.0%	100%

#87 Polopretress

Polopretress

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm unsure about timing your raptures for this, the time you lose by delaying your rapture (and thus probably losing rapture procs on a total fight) to get a 2nd proc within the timeframe, lowers the gain you get from it.

Absolutly correct.
It is possible to have a second rapture proc while the spirit proc est activated but it is a dream that happened sometime but not enough relevant to take into account in the regen comparison.

i do not think that we choose to apply a shield just after 12sec to have this double boost proc.
first to succed, it is necessary to apply it on other target.(is there a need at that time ?)
or to apply it on the same target only if we have use direct heal to reduce the weakned soul time.

So, to copy the comment of ohcrocsle :
you have a trinket that provides 3000 spirit for 20s on a 1m cooldown. and compare with a trinket with a buff duration of 15s on same Item level, the difference of Stat point on the 15sec trinket will not be enough to compensate the 5sec which are lost because you can ensure very easely 2 rapture proc with 20sec proc activation and you cannot with 15sec trinket.

#88 Polopretress

Polopretress

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

i am going to raid with a disc and i do not know how absorb are managed when there are 2 disc in the same raid.

Do you have information about that ?

Is there double aegis on players or only one which is the addition of the both disc and if one, how is the absorb is couted to the player (the first one or the last one who has applied an aegis)

For SS, same question,
( i have checked and only one absorb is applied on the player when both disc use SS. how is it managed really ?)

#89 Gloryrider

Gloryrider

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Just like Renew, Divine Aegis stacks separately. So should Spirit Shell last time I checked, not 100% sure though now you mention that your test proves differently. Try it out on during a trashpack or so I'd say.
On another note, I doubt any raid damage hits so hard you'd want a doubled spirit shell pre-stacked. That would only make you overheal/have nothing to do inbetween the damage.

So far the only annoying part I've found about double disc is the weakened soul debuff (not an issue with heavy tank damage though since you can reduce each other's weakened soul) and the lack of heal-based raid cooldowns when shit hits the fan... Other than that, enjoy disc!

#90 Polopretress

Polopretress

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

thank for your answer.
yes, weakened soul is not easy to manage when there is only one tank who is taken damage on the same time.

i agree that Aegis are managed separately but i do not know how it is used when damage are coming on the raid.

#91 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Lowest shield comes first.

Usually it means "Illuminated Healing" from Hpal`s mastery =), then aegis/PWS, then big SS bubbles.
It all about numbers

#92 Polopretress

Polopretress

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

I think i have checked in the past that the priorities of consumption were :
Illuminated Healing > PWS > Aegis > SS

PWS is used before aegis.
But when there are 2 aegis coming from 2 disc in the same raid, do you think that lower aegis is used first ?

#93 Szeretlek

Szeretlek

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

lowest shields come first no matter what spellname or id it is.
If Shield A has 20000 and Shield B has 100000, then damage will be absorbed with Shield A then with Shield B.
I tested it like a month ago.

#94 Hamsda

Hamsda

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I think this point has been brought up to Blizzard many times since MoP launch, but they seem confident that the 30s cooldown is appropriate. I completely agree with them that a 0s cooldown would just result in us macroing the according chakras onto each and every spell, like hunters did with their aspect, but the current situation is not really better either.
Being subpar on one aspect and on par for the other (regarding single target and aoe healing) just because of chakras doesn't make for appealing gameplay in my book, it is just a hindrence.
The cataclym model also wasn't really good, but maybe a shorter cooldown, like you suggested, may be the solution to make holy more viable. But that would probably still not be enough, especially for 10 man, where you are not much in a fixed role, or even just for fast changing encounters, to bring it up to the level of disc. Even though disc will get changes/nerfs in 5.2, which I still can't understand to a certain extent, I think it is still in much better shape than holy, even with a shorter cooldown on chakra.

Maybe it is simply time to scrap the singletarget/aoe heal chakra and pack them together. I'd much rather have a choice between slightly buffed healing power overall (say everything 5 or 10% stronger) and a chastise like chakra for lulls during encounters and for the occasional questing/farming.
Its not like it would be a choice to use the heal chakra when healing, but it is also not a choice for hunters to stay in aspect of the hawk nowadays... they just are. Its more like an incentive to NOT be in the damage chakra.
Give the heal chakra hw: serenity, scrap hw: sanc, and still allow the rolling of renews, because that is one of the nicer mechanics of holy imo. The (slight) advantage in raw healing holy would have in respect to disc, and maybe other classes, through the buff from chakra would mostly be offset due to one of the worst masteries in a real raiding situation (druids and monks aren't that great either, but the other 3 are most certainly better than EoL).

I don't know if I'm missing something and just going nuts, or if this would legitimately be a good idea for holy, but it would most certainly solve the inflexibility that no other healer has to cope with. When they first announced chakras during cata beta I was pretty excited, but nowadays they are just a hassle :(
There are only 10 types of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.

#95 Therya

Therya

Fudge Muffin Addict

• Moderators
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Moderator bump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users