• This topic is locked This topic is locked
226 replies to this topic

#221 Darklumiya

Darklumiya

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Regarding the opener, various sources all state different ways to go about it. If you're sitting on BiS rppm trinkets would it be more beneficial to use SS and GT before popping RF/Stampede/BW, rather than using them after the first KC during BW (providing reduced focus cost)?

Scenario 1 -

Pre mark/pot
SS
GT
DB
RF/Stampede
BW/Rabid/KC
AMOC
AS x3
KC/Readiness/KC

Scenario 2 -

Pre mark/pot
DB
RF/Stampede
BW/Rabid/KC
AMOC
SS
GT
AS x2
KC/Readiness/KC

#222 Vitaro

Vitaro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Important thing to note is that Bestial Wrath should NOT be macro'ed with Kill Command.

When using the following macro:
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Kill Command

that KC will NOT be affected by BW.

Edit: Did some more testing and interestingly enough, with the following macro:
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Arcane Shot

that AC does get affected by BW... so this problem is unique to KC, making it a different beast entirely (pun intended).

Edit #2: Further testing shows me that the expected 20% damage increase component of BW does not get applied to KC in the above macro, but a focus cost reduction of 50% does apply. KC in above macro costs 20 focus instead of 40.

Since the focus cost reduction is stemming from the "The Beast Within" aura that is applied to the hunter, and the expected 20% damage increase on KC is applied by the "Bestial Wrath" aura applied to the pet, it may be safe to conclude that in said macro the pet aura does not get applied in time.

#223 Namarus

Namarus

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

Regarding the opener, various sources all state different ways to go about it. If you're sitting on BiS rppm trinkets would it be more beneficial to use SS and GT before popping RF/Stampede/BW, rather than using them after the first KC during BW (providing reduced focus cost)?

Scenario 1 -

Pre mark/pot
SS
GT
DB
RF/Stampede
BW/Rabid/KC
AMOC
AS x3
KC/Readiness/KC

Scenario 2 -

Pre mark/pot
DB
RF/Stampede
BW/Rabid/KC
AMOC
SS
GT
AS x2
KC/Readiness/KC

You should have a cobra very early since it pretty much 100% chance when you open on a mob for a Thunderhawk to be summoned.

#224 Iridar

Iridar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Edit: Did some more testing and interestingly enough, with the following macro:
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Arcane Shot

that AC does get affected by BW... so this problem is unique to KC, making it a different beast entirely (pun intended).

That's probably because KC is instant, while AS has a projectile travel time.

#225 Mythx

Mythx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

hiya, I was quite confused when i ran a Simcraft on my bm hunter and it came up with: Agi > Wdps > Exp ~= Hit > Haste ~= AP ~= Mastery ~= Crit as it s output.. I'm not sure how to post the profile like people have done in the earlier post and am on my way to a veteran appt. but here is the initial stat weights it's telling me to use as well: Scale Factors (5.08)Agi (1.92)AP (3.02)Exp (2.99)Hit (1.80)Crit (1.93)Haste (1.90)Mastery (4.36)Wdps.. I set it up for: 10000 iterations, low World lag, 450 length (sec), Good Player Skill, the rest was standard. Character name= Mythendrel on Hyjal. I was curious as to why it would scale crit so low on the totem pole.. If there is further info needed let me know please and if this is the wrong area let me know that as well.. Thanks!

#226 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Announcement:
After 2½ years of maintaining the BM guide here, with 5.3 live, I will no longer be updating this guide.
I've informed Narcosleepy a while back that I would stop maintaining the guide from 5.3 onwards for several reasons, not least among them that I have hardly played since my raiding group stopped raiding.
Its been fun and challenging, but overall a great experience, and I want to thank everyone over the years who have contributed to the discussions and consensus building, even when we have difffered in opinion, I have found your viewpoints and arguments useful.

#227 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Announcement:
After 2½ years of maintaining the BM guide here, with 5.3 live, I will no longer be updating this guide.
I've informed Narcosleepy a while back that I would stop maintaining the guide from 5.3 onwards for several reasons, not least among them that I have hardly played since my raiding group stopped raiding.
Its been fun and challenging, but overall a great experience, and I want to thank everyone over the years who have contributed to the discussions and consensus building, even when we have difffered in opinion, I have found your viewpoints and arguments useful.

Before I point you all over to the 5.3 thread, I want to take a moment to thanks Nooska for all his hard work. These forums would not be as successful as they are without the contributions of the community and we appreciate it. I wish you the best of luck in all you do, both in real life and involving internet dragons.

The new 5.3 thread is here: http://elitistjerks....tmastery_5_3_a/
If this signature offends you please complain to the management.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users