• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 ZobbL

ZobbL

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Regarding the 4pc Bonus for SV I'm quite unsure how to deal with it.
I got it for about 2 raids and played SV every so often.

It happened quite often that I got an insane proc chain with about 7-9 Shots before the final Explosive Shot was fired (the one after the LnL-proc).

As Explosive Shot is the highest priority, I don't bother with other cooldowns and spam the hell out of it.
But sometimes it happens that I cap on focus. And this is where I can't really decide what to do. Keep spamming or use Arcane / Multi-Shot (depending on the fight)?

In addition I got the Normal-Verson of Assurance of Consequences (double upgrade), thus my BA has a lower Cooldown (and is ready before it runs out).
Furthermore the 2pc Bonus grants me quite many possibilities to use Rapid Fire.

The following is when I'm about to focus cap.
If there is a proc and BA comes off cooldown (and runs out) I use it and then continue with the LnL Proc.
Is it right? I mean, more procs = more explosvie shots = more dps. I assume this is the right way, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

In addition to that, if I just keep spamming Explosive Shot I have no real possibility to use arcane or multi to reduce the RF-CD. Most of the time, when I'm about to cap, RF is currently running (increasing the focus regen). If I dont use Arcane or Multi this would mean less uses of RF and therefore fewer situations where I'm about to cap. Without doing the maths, delaying the RF-CD reduction looks like a DPS loss. But so does focus capping.

I'm quite on the edge about the 4pc bonus (I won't discard it - ofc not). It makes Survival so "complicated" (with AoC-Trinket).

Maybe the solution is quite easy, but then I don't see it.

How do you deal with it?

#42 Drairon

Drairon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm about to cap. Without doing the maths, delaying the RF-CD reduction looks like a DPS loss. But so does focus capping.

Focus Capping isn't a DPS loss if you're performing the maximum dps 'rotation/priority'.

#43 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Focus Capping isn't a DPS loss if you're performing the maximum dps 'rotation/priority'.

Or to put it a bit more spelled out; Focus capping is only a loss of dps if you could have converted that focus to more damage than you are actually outputting.
In the case of LnL you could argue that converting focus to AS damage (or other damage) to avoid capping, and then using your free ExS is more damage when looking at the next 10 seconds (since you don't 'lose' the focus that would have capped). Whether this is the case I can't actually say, because I'm not 100% up to date on how ExS rolls on the target - ie., whether it is a DOT, or whether it is a recalculation. If it works as a DOT you would gain from using an AS in between some ExS when you get a procchain of 7-9 ExS (as you would otherwise clip 1 or 2 ticks, since only the last tick carries over in the DOT rolling mechanic). If it works as a recalculation, you should just dump all the ExS because you might get another proc, thus wasting part of the proc you delayed to dump focus.

As long as you use the highest damage/priority ability it doesn't matter if you focus cap. There are/will be/ might be exceptions to this, but those are special circumstances, and generally atre of the type "if you don't use X focus now, you will loose out on ability Y in 2-3 actions".

#44 Bownd

Bownd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Can someone please run an updated Survival DPS profile for Troll and Orc. I'd like to see what the dps looks like now.

#45 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Orc should still be significantly behind Troll for SV profiles due to Orc profiles being more focused on pet dps (and SV has such a low percentage of pet dps). Here is the list of public profiles I am currently maintaining for Troll SV BiS. Keep in mind that the Powershot profiles require good luck with Powershot proccing the cloak and is probably too variable to actually try in a raid environment (without being mocked ;D). Though, on multitarget fights where the proc hits, it should be pretty decent.

404,346.02 dps: T16H SV Warforged DPS Power Haromm Crows    
398,470.69 dps: T16H SV Warforged DPS GT Harrom Crows    
397,557.42 dps: T16H SV Warforged DPS Power Haromm Crows TotH   
397,429.33 dps: T16H SV Warforged DPS Power Haromm Crows_ReserveBow    
396,793.27 dps: T16H SV Warforged DPS GT Haromm    
396,521.28 dps: T16H SV Warforged DPS Power Haromm   
388,554.19 dps: T16H SV Warforged DPS GT Ebon    
385,649.14 dps: T16H SV Warforged DPS Power Ebon

If you find a better profile that you would like me to update, let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users