• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

This is the thread for simple questions that don't fit anywhere else. Post here IF:
  • Your question requires a simple, brief answer.
  • Your question does NOT belong in one of our existing threads.
  • Your question is unlikely to spark sufficient discussion to warrant being its own thread.

Please note ALL forum rules still apply. For that reason, this is NOT the thread for:
  • Begging for hand-holding
  • Asking a question that could be answered by reading another thread
  • Inventing new and interesting ways to violate the civil rights of ellipses
  • Whining
  • Violating any of our forum rules, with which you should be familiar before posting anywhere. Especially here.

If this signature offends you please complain to the management.

#2 Kurgosh

Kurgosh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Does Stampede snap-shot our stats at the time of casting, or update dynamically?

#3 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Does Stampede snap-shot our stats at the time of casting, or update dynamically?

No, the stats update dynamically, but there is some lag in propagation of new buffs to any pet, including the stampede pets.

#4 sircuddles

sircuddles

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

With Rabid having odd behavior using the Stampede glyph, what's the optimal way to use it? Because of the glyph, you can't leave it on autocast. If you are using the glyph and manually cast Rabid, does it go off for your Stampede pets? If not, that would mean the only option is using a full stable with Rabid on autocast.

#5 Rawbb

Rawbb

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

With Rabid having odd behavior using the Stampede glyph, what's the optimal way to use it? Because of the glyph, you can't leave it on autocast. If you are using the glyph and manually cast Rabid, does it go off for your Stampede pets? If not, that would mean the only option is using a full stable with Rabid on autocast.

Until the behavior is fixed to properly make the glyph cosmetic, the only way to ensure that everything is working is the full ferocity stable with Rabid on autocast. I've also found that if you switch from BM to surv with an exotic in your stable you'll get one dupe of your main pet with Rabid on cooldown, regardless of glyph.

#6 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

I've also found that if you switch from BM to surv with an exotic in your stable you'll get one dupe of your main pet with Rabid on cooldown, regardless of glyph.

That is working as intended. Stampede itself clones your current pet for any empty or unusable spots in yout currently active stable.

#7 Badgers

Badgers

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

First, thanks for all the information regarding hunters, I reactivated my account and my hunter is now 90 464 iLvl

My problem im hoping is easy is this, I see other hunters at 120 focus but mine is at 100, Ive looked online and cant find out why, Ive compared gears with other hunters and cant find out why? Is this an easy solution?

#8 Tynivictus

Tynivictus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

First, thanks for all the information regarding hunters, I reactivated my account and my hunter is now 90 464 iLvl

My problem im hoping is easy is this, I see other hunters at 120 focus but mine is at 100, Ive looked online and cant find out why, Ive compared gears with other hunters and cant find out why? Is this an easy solution?

Only BM specced hunters gain the additional 20 focus to their max. Survival and MM hunters only have 100.

#9 maddawg5450

maddawg5450

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

Does a dwarf's or troll's expertise with ranged weapons propagate to pets? If the 1% expertise doesn't count towards your pet, that would mean you would need 7.5% hit and 8.5% expertise cap for pet to be doing 100% optimal damage... correct?

edit:clarification

#10 Fincher

Fincher

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

As a Rule of Thumb. for Hunters, is it better to Use CDs, uhm, on Cooldown or to wait until other CDs are up aswell to combine them.

Example: an On-Use Trinket has cooled down and is ready to use. In 5 seconds, Bestial Wrath will have cooled down aswell, and 10 seconds later Rapid fire. Do Hunters use the Trinket , do they wait 5 seconds to use it with BW, or do they wait 15sec to use the Trinket, BW, and RF at the same time?

#11 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

You shouldn't get RF off CD after BW, as they should be used together and RF is a CD of 3BW. On use trinkets should be matched with BW for BM, unless you lose a full use over a fight, in which case you may still get more from coupling it than seperating it, but you have to sim it specifically.

#12 Taeliana

Taeliana

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

I am curious about the haste plateaus for SV.

Taking into consideration the increase in focus generation, is it still beneficial to pursue a cast time of 1.66 for CS? Currently, my CS cast time is nearly the full 2 seconds, and I am not feeling focus starved, but I wonder if it is worth pursuing a "high haste" build through gearing and reforging.

#13 Monny

Monny

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

When switching targets, is there a priority between a signature shot and an glyphed AS to apply the Mark?

E.g. if I'm MM and switch to an add, assuming that SrS isn't worth using on a shortlasting target, should I prioritize a CS or go for an AS first, to apply the Mark before using CS?

#14 Tphirey

Tphirey

Order 66 Survivor

• Guild Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

When switching targets, is there a priority between a signature shot and an glyphed AS to apply the Mark?

E.g. if I'm MM and switch to an add, assuming that SrS isn't worth using on a shortlasting target, should I prioritize a CS or go for an AS first, to apply the Mark before using CS?

includes Explosive Shot, Chimera Shot and Kill Command in addition to Arcane Shot. (The text says Glyph of the Beast but mouseover and clicking is the correct glyph.)
Developers be nice to your testers. They're the ones that will find the bugs in the AI code when the machines try and take over and keep humanity alive.

#15 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

To expand on the previous answer, the glyph provides the HM effect when you cast any of the three spec signature shot (CS, ES, KC) or the primary focus dump (AS). Thus, if you have enough focus to cast either your spec's signature shot or AS, you want to generally cast your spec's signature shot instead of AS since it is the higher priority shot. If you have enough focus for AS but not your signature shot, then you want to cast AS. If you do not have enough focus for either, then you obviously want to cast SS/CoS first to get enough focus.

Generally speaking for single target situations, you want to cast one of the shots that applies HM when switching to a target that does not have HM before doing any other attack, including SrS and any of your chosen talents like DB, LR, MoC, GT, etc.

#16 Bullee

Bullee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Regarding the Steady Focus buff, if you start your cast of a timed shot [Steady or Aimed shot] just before the buff falls off, does the haste buff last all the way through the cast? IE, when casting the Steady Shot pair to restart the buff, should it be started at 4 seconds [so that it finishes before the original buff falls off], or at 3? [so that the 2nd SS starts casting just as the buff drops off]

#17 Fincher

Fincher

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

@Bullee latter one is the case. Casting time is, as a factual fact, affected by the haste that you have when starting your cast. If you cast any channeling Spell like Aimed shot or the LV90 Talents with 1 Second of the Haste Buff(s) left, they will not channel slower halfway through. This works also the other way around, so for Example if the Haste Trinket procs while you cast you will not have a casting speed benefit: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/81125

Now having also a question if I may:
Of the 18 Raid Bosses of the first MoP Tier, which Abilities are suitable for increasing DPS via Deterrence+Mirrored Blades?

#18 Tydas

Tydas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

So 5.1 is out and we no longer need Fox aspect to cast while moving.
That's pretty cool but because of that we can no longer break our casts when a proc appear.
Like breaking a Cobra when you trigger LnL.

I tried a simple /stopcasting macro to be able to cut the cast :
#showtooltip Explosive Shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Explosive Shot
/startattack
/petattack

But it's not perfect for 2 reasons :
Sometimes it just cut the cast but don't cast Explosive Shot.
It make a HELL of a noise and strange moves on your character that are just annoying, especially if you spam your keys like we should all do.

So how fix it ?
I was guessing about a /stopcasting if casting but i don't know how to macro it.
Using another key to stopcast is definitively not an option as it's a waste of action time.
If you have any other idea about how to efficiently stop cast let me know.

#19 Repins

Repins

Killed Dumbledore

• Guild Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

As a Rule of Thumb. for Hunters, is it better to Use CDs, uhm, on Cooldown or to wait until other CDs are up aswell to combine them.

Example: an On-Use Trinket has cooled down and is ready to use. In 5 seconds, Bestial Wrath will have cooled down aswell, and 10 seconds later Rapid fire. Do Hunters use the Trinket , do they wait 5 seconds to use it with BW, or do they wait 15sec to use the Trinket, BW, and RF at the same time?

As a general rule you don't want to ever use less cooldowns than possible in a given time frame. That means if the max bestial wraths you could use in a given time frame is seven, you should be using seven. How much leeway you would then have to stack cooldowns together is directly related to how far off you were in getting an eighth. This gets more complicated when you throw in proper readiness usage to also attain the max amount of bestial wraths.

[e] Responded to an old question on accident please feel free to delete this Narco.

#20 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

So 5.1 is out and we no longer need Fox aspect to cast while moving.
That's pretty cool but because of that we can no longer break our casts when a proc appear.
Like breaking a Cobra when you trigger LnL.

This is not exactly a good example, as starting CoS incurs the GCD, so you can't do anything for the first 1 second. Then you only have the part of CoS that occurs after the GCD. Subtracting reaction time from the LnL proc and I very much doubt that you would ever have a damage output benefit from cancelling a cast CoS to cast an instant instead.
Now I do see some place where you want to stop casting your CoS or SS, but for those a seperate /stopcasting macro (or simply turning your back) would probably be better.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users