122 replies to this topic

#101 ZobbL

ZobbL

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

are there any skills that snapshot?

That's also my question. I know Stampede applies the stats dynamically.
I'm curious about Dire Beast, Serpent Sting and Murder of Crows. Wait for the trinkets or just shoot it right away?

Especially AMoC is important, because it's quite expensive and for the cost I want to get the most out of it.

#102 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Dynamic updates: Murder of Crows, Barrage, Dire Beast, Stampede, Pet Attacks/Abilities
On Hit/Application Snapshots: Serpent Sting, Glaive Toss, Cobra Shot, Explosive Shot, Lynx Rush, etc.

Most shots are instant (e.g., Serpent Sting, Arcane, etc.) so the subtle difference between on use and on hit/application is misleading. When Cobra Shot hits, for instance, Serpent Sting is then refreshed at your current agility stat level. Glaive Toss is also on hit, and this shot has to travel. In general, the differences here are not worth saving a glaive toss or something like that for, but you asked.

Survival is the spec that can really benefit from timing and understanding the snapshotting process. With Renataki's and Bad Juju, it's best to refresh serpent sting, via Cobra Shot or a new Serpent Sting, right as the overlap is ending and then use Fervor to regen focus for a bit. This is especially true on multi-target fights where Serpent Spring can be hitting for 3-6x it's normal damage if you can refresh properly.

#103 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

I always wondered why hunters use two killshots in a row to trigger the 10 second cooldown (even the simcraft profile does that) when you can just wait 6 seconds and save 4 seconds of cooldown.

Is there a reasoning behind it like focus management <20% that I overlook?

#104 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Firing 2 KS in a row lets you have 2 KS per 11 seconds, waiting 6 seconds lets you get 2 KS per 12 seconds - provided you don't accidentally use KS before the 6 seconds is up, in which case you just added 10 seconds on the CD instead of getting it refreshed for another 6 second wait.

#105 ZobbL

ZobbL

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Firing 2 KS in a row lets you have 2 KS per 11 seconds, waiting 6 seconds lets you get 2 KS per 12 seconds - provided you don't accidentally use KS before the 6 seconds is up, in which case you just added 10 seconds on the CD instead of getting it refreshed for another 6 second wait.

The math behind it indicate a clear advantage. But every so often my KS-Reset takes about 1-2secs. Sometimes I can even weave a KC in.

What are the factors for the reset? Is it latency (which is ~30ms within my raid)? Or client-side performance issues (despite latency)?

#106 NoGoal

NoGoal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

As the CD resets if the target doesn't die, travel time cause a delay. If you are 30-40y away, you can weave a shot between 2 KS.

#107 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

The math behind it indicate a clear advantage. But every so often my KS-Reset takes about 1-2secs. Sometimes I can even weave a KC in.

What are the factors for the reset? Is it latency (which is ~30ms within my raid)? Or client-side performance issues (despite latency)?

It does not reset until the Kill Shot hits, because it only resets if the target is still alive after the hit. Thus, the delay is the travel time of the Kill Shot to the target.

#108 ZobbL

ZobbL

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

I watched it closely yesterday (Qon and Twin Consorts) and you are right (of course you are).

BUT, if I have to stay at about max range, like Qon, when a debuff is still in the raid it would suggest to wait the 6secs for the reset-CD to come off.

Paraphrased: if I'm able to squeeze in an extra shot between to KS, it would be better to wait for the CD.

I'm quite sure it's not really practical but does anyone do this?

#109 aicemen

aicemen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

I've seen this info somewhere but can't find it.

As SV, should I prioritize Mastery/Crit instead of regular Crit/haste for aoe heavy fights? Such as Immerseus Heroic or Fallen Protectors?

#110 Aadyn

Aadyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Can any of you tell me if they have successfully used SV as a dps spec for spoils. My dps is rather low and my thought is that it is because nothing with the exception of the large crates lasts long enough to proc lock and load. I half the time dont even bother with black arrows because of this. I toss out frost traps when i remember but it is on the other end of my action bar not where all my cooldowns are located.

I am fairly new to wow and dont know either other spec and would rather use SV because my cd management skills arent very strong. Any hints tips suggestions would be appreciated.

I am already using blink strike and glave toss.

#111 Rolcsi

Rolcsi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

I cannot find this anywhere, but what would be the best in slot Trinkets in 5.4 for Challenge Mode?
Is Relic of Xuen still ultimate at 463 or one (or more) of the new trinkets outdps that one?
Currently I have that + Assurance of Consequence, but thinking about the cleave trinket (Sigil of Rampage) as a vital one.

#112 Bbgun

Bbgun

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Someone recently informed me that Survival hunters should go for the 12,93% haste cap before maxing crit. But I've never read anything like that, besides a small comment that hitting haste caps are quite good on the Surv article here. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

#113 ak404

ak404

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

I cannot find this anywhere, but what would be the best in slot Trinkets in 5.4 for Challenge Mode?
Is Relic of Xuen still ultimate at 463 or one (or more) of the new trinkets outdps that one?
Currently I have that + Assurance of Consequence, but thinking about the cleave trinket (Sigil of Rampage) as a vital one.

Relic of Xuen is most definitely BIS for CM.  I've avoided using any of the T16 trinkets because of their long ICDs, preferring to use Searing Words or Renataki's Soul Charm.

#114 Kriket

Kriket

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

I got a new belt today, swapping belts switched some Mastery for Haste, so I simed reforging the haste to mastery on my chestpiece, and got a 176 dps increase.  Current Haste is 4736 or 11.14%.

What I'm seeing on my DPS sims, As SV femaledwarf is valuing Crit>Mastery>Haste when I have over 4000 Haste (Currently 4080, 9.6%)  Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?  

#115 Soulece

Soulece

Von Kaiser

• Moderators
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

Someone recently informed me that Survival hunters should go for the 12,93% haste cap before maxing crit. But I've never read anything like that, besides a small comment that hitting haste caps are quite good on the Surv article here. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

I can't confirm that it's correct 100% but it seems about right. The 12.93% haste might be a bit high but I don't seem to see much of a difference in sims.

#116 Worshot

Worshot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Haste or Critical Strike?

I am currently a SV Hunter, I know that Haste reduces the CD of my CS as well as increases my focus regeneration. But recently got a warforged belt (http://www.wowhead.com/item=105779) to replace my Gorge Stalker Belt, I have upgraded them both twice but not sure if the small agility decrease is worth the haste gain. With the warforged belt, I am sitting on 25% haste.

#117 Elronn

Elronn

Banned

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Custom lag tolerance for australian who plays on 150-170ms in raids with lowerping should i have it on and set to 0ms on and set to 160 or 170ms or have it unticked which reverts it to 400ms ?

Leatrix latency tool have read some people say its worth using others say it does nothing from what i have read wow enabled it but windows side its disabled leatrix enables it is it beneficial and should i keep it on ?

#118 Baichin

Baichin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Heya, wanted to know if its worth applying re-applying Serpent Stings (Single handedly) after 1 multishot around the opening fight of (The Fallen Protectors) or any other fights that has more than 1 target (Which does not include adds) 

#119 Teldae

Teldae

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Quick question, what is the internal CD of the cleave trinket Sigil of Rampage?

I've noticed that the DoT damage from serpent sting and black arrow can proc a cleave, so I was wondering if the situation existed where if you had a swarm of adds all dotted up, that you could get multiple cleave procs and have an aoe-fest.

#120 Delirium1500

Delirium1500

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

I tried to search through the forums here and didn't find this,  so hopefully I'm putting it in the right place.   On Femaledwarf the stat breakdown shows as SV, my 4269 mastery rating has my buff to magic damage at 20.12%.  With a base mastery increasing magic damage by 8%,  that looks like I'm getting 1.7% additional magic damage from every 600 mastery rating (or 352.2 mastery rating gives me 1%).   Similarly, if I spec BM my 4269 rating shows a 40.23 increase to pet damage, which with a base of 16% looks like I'm gaining 3.4% for every 600 mastery rating.   And MM has the same numbers as BM, but for wild quiver.   However, on the FAQ it shows 600 mastery rating gives a 2% increase to pet damage for BM and wild quiver for MM, and a 1% increase to magic damage for SV.   

What am I missing/not understanding?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users