• Please log in to reply
1311 replies to this topic

#1261 Ampallotta

Ampallotta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Set center icon on Grid to show Ancient Barrier and Weak Ancient Barrier so you can easily track who is sitting at red and orange shields.
  • aleks0410 likes this

#1262 Hobnaker

Hobnaker

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

That's a great idea actually, I'll try this out. "Debuff staring" is the reason why this boss is hard on heroic, missing those damned orbs that spawn at my position. Thanks!

The orbs are killer. I run FoN over SotF on Malk because I swear by the fact that they can take the orbs. I've never dug through logs to look for it happening, but I'm 99% sure I've seen them take out orbs.

#1263 mangon

mangon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I know they took out the pagoda orbs in ToES. They can be handy for things like that.

#1264 Hagop

Hagop

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Once you do switch over to T16 4pc, is it then more beneficial to un-glyph Wild Growth? The shorter CD allows for more of the bonus healing from the 4 piece. I was just wondering if that means it would be better overall to WG on CD every 8 seconds to get the bonus healing on 5 targets or if that would be a minimal difference. Especially considering I tend to save WG to use after Swiftmend (due to the bonus SotF haste.)

#1265 Ampallotta

Ampallotta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't unglyphed only be beneficial if you use WG on cooldown for the entire fight? Seems like this would be a waste.

#1266 Quincunx

Quincunx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Well the 4pc heal affects everyone who takes a heal from WG, and the 4pc isn't enough to make WG do more healing to a single target than RJ does.  I don't see why the 4pc would change the calculations any, and it was generally not advisable to unglyph WG. 

#1267 Hagop

Hagop

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

Just tested, treants from FoN do NOT pop orbs on H Malkorok. Saw multiple stand on top of one while it stayed unaffected.

#1268 Thalur

Thalur

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Looking at the first page of the thread, it seems that the new forum software completely broke that post :/

However I wanted to point out that the information on 4pT16 is not entirely accurate. The post claims that it's a 16% increase for Rejuv, which is true if you're at the 3k haste breakpoint. With most raiding druids currently at the 13k breakpoint, however, this should at least mention that Rejuv healing is increased by 20% in that case.

#1269 Ampallotta

Ampallotta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Just tested, treants from FoN do NOT pop orbs on H Malkorok. Saw multiple stand on top of one while it stayed unaffected.

Just so you guys know, you can use Symbiosis on a Hunter to clear orbs in your area. Also use Displacer Beast to avoid fall damage.

#1270 Hobnaker

Hobnaker

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Just so you guys know, you can use Symbiosis on a Hunter to clear orbs in your area. Also use Displacer Beast to avoid fall damage.

Glyph of Grace covers the fall damage and doesn't risk blinking you into an orb/smash. No real reason to use any other minor glyph than Grace anyways.

#1271 Earen

Earen

Likes Peachbellinis!

• • Guide Author
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Looking at the first page of the thread, it seems that the new forum software completely broke that post :/

However I wanted to point out that the information on 4pT16 is not entirely accurate. The post claims that it's a 16% increase for Rejuv, which is true if you're at the 3k haste breakpoint. With most raiding druids currently at the 13k breakpoint, however, this should at least mention that Rejuv healing is increased by 20% in that case.

Yes, the new software broke it. Supposedly there are some fixes being worked on that are supposed to help fix it.

When I have time I will try to go in and make the post at least readable - but having to redo all of the tables is somewhat time consuming (and I'm not even sure possible yet) and a chore I'm not particularly looking forward to tackling. I have been waiting out the forum fixes before I go and trying to make it manageable to read, because I will probably flip tables if I take the time to fix it and another change is made that breaks it :)

Edited by Earen, 28 October 2013 - 05:58 AM.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

is recruiting! Learn More About Two Night a Week Progression!

Blog | YouTube | Twitter

#1272 Vast

Vast

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

I have recently made the switch to the 13163 hbp, (currently i557, 2 piece tier16), and am wondering whether veteran players always wait to use the SotF haste buff on WG, on stack fights specifically? Is it always worth waiting for on stack fights or have people found/math'd that weaving in hasted rejuv or lifebloom, and casting WG on CD, is better overall?

#1273 Ampallotta

Ampallotta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I think that all depends on the damage the raid is currently taking.

#1274 Vast

Vast

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

I was thinking of the stack fights where you're AoE healing as much as possible. 

#1275 Ampallotta

Ampallotta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

If you know the damage is coming, you're better off saving your haste for WG.

#1276 Thalur

Thalur

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

I have recently made the switch to the 13163 hbp, (currently i557, 2 piece tier16), and am wondering whether veteran players always wait to use the SotF haste buff on WG, on stack fights specifically? Is it always worth waiting for on stack fights or have people found/math'd that weaving in hasted rejuv or lifebloom, and casting WG on CD, is better overall?

It's not very clear-cut actually. Assuming a max AoE HPS stacked fight with no overheal (Thok hc P1), the difference over a 30s window of spamming comes down to:

1. (every SotF for WG) 2*Rj + SotF-WG

2. (WG on CD) 2*WG + SotF-Rejuv

Theoretically, (1) gains .2 seconds from casting a Rj instead of a WG but I'll ignore that.

I don't have time to do an exact calculation, so I'll just use my numbers, which includes 4pT15. All values are without critical heals.

Rj: 280k, Sotf-Rj: 565k, WG (6 targets): 486k, SotF-WG: 924k.

1. (every SotF for WG): 1484k

2. (WG on CD): 1537k

So in that case, casting WG on CD and not holding it off for SotF while using Rj with every other Swiftmend would be a small HPS increase. Switching to 4pT16 would increase (2) even more because the impact of 4pT15 on the difference is neglegible.

#1277 Vast

Vast

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Waiting on swiftmend always seemed counterintuitive.

I have a second comment/question on using the SotF haste buff to rejuv or lifebloom the tank during heavy tank damage or with my original scenario mentioned above. I would have thought that you would normally always want to use the buff on rejuv rather the lifebloom as your next clearcast or sagemender on the tank would reset the lifebloom to an un-hasted stack. Is this not correct? What scenarios would warrant using a hasted lifebloom over a hasted rejuv on the tank?

#1278 mangon

mangon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

I typically use genesis whenever I have a hasted LB running on the tank and he takes a burst of damage. I try to find some other target for the OoC casts whenever possible. Just got 2pc the other night and haven't had a chance to use it yet, so that hasn't been an issue.

#1279 Ampallotta

Ampallotta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Any reason people are using Incarnation for heroic Thok vs. SotF? Seems like SotF would be a lot better, but most top parses are using Incarnation. I must be missing something.

#1280 Kjeldorian

Kjeldorian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

If you're aiming to parse most of your healing will occur during the stacked phase and if your comp lacks the necessary devotion auras you can capitalize greatly with mass regrowth spam or empowered RJ. If your strategy allows for 3 min CDs to be up for all the stacked phases as well.

Edited by Kjeldorian, 13 November 2013 - 06:58 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users